Who's better the actor/movie star?

Who's better the actor/movie star?

Leo has always been overrated. His best performance was Titanic by far.

Brad Pitt is a better actor.

Pitt has been in way more memorable roles. Leo has like, 2 maybe 3 characters he's ever played.

Both equally passable actors.

Pitt is the better movie star.

I take that back.
I forgot a few Pitt movies.. he's a much better actor too.

the real question is how did brad go from this to that

Ageing?

i remember in a rlm vid mike said that leo wasn't a good actor but a good performer

what did he mean by this

uh, he grew dumb facial hair and got older and chubbier?

he'd clean up nice with a shave and a little more time at the gym.

maybe i'm being stupid
i think it was just the 'vampire' look but it seems like his face actually changed

yeah, he got a little fatter.

metabolism drops as you get older.
he needs to spend more time at the gym and less time with a lunatic wife who wants to adopt all the children of every 3rd world nation

drinking / pills = puffiness

Brad is better for mainstream fodder. He is able to convey emotions well enough, but never terribly out of the ordinary.

Leonardo is slightly more experimental in the roles he picks, and tends to end up in better movies because of it.

While Brad was always a pretty good actor, I felt that Leonarod had a rougher beginning. He had to grow into an adult before he became someone to actually watch, while Brad was good from the early years but never really grew much beyond that.

They're both good actors though, but I feel Leonardo comes out ahead when compared.

Looks fine in his new movie

Pitt by far. Not to mention DiCaprio has been baiting for that Oscar for so long it became ridiculous.

That's a joke, right? Pitt has been in comedies, action, historical, war and about every type of film short of musical and has played far more variety of characters.

Leo started out pretty good and declined as he went before becoming Oscar Bait: The Actor.

The only reason you know his name is because Marty started sticking him in everything.

Its weird because some of his character (like Aldo Rain and the Piker) seems like a 10/10 match and he acted it 10/10

But I still don't like him as an actor.. and I dont know why

that he's good when the characters are written with him in mind

He can juggle

i didn't mean in a bad way exactly, he's just so dreamy in interview

Yeah but Pitt has never been overly GOOD in anything, I feel. I will admit that he has more experience in more genres than Leonardo, but I I feel that Leonardo has nailed the roles he's been given more than Brad.

While Brad has done a lot of arguably trash movies, pic related, I am hard-pressed to remember any such films Leo has done.

Maybe I'm just sheltered from it?

I haven't seen that movie but it looks like kino

unattainable

he got older and got wrinkles and bags under his eyes.
the dude turns 53 next month.
looks pretty good for a grandpa.

I stand by my gym statement, though.. he could look better.

It's awful. It really is. And Brad has quite a few of those quality movies in his arsenal.

You can call it being experienced, but I call it a bad agent or an awful eye for scripts.

underrated movie and Pitt/Clooney were 10/10 in it

I think we've all come to a conclusion, pitt is the better movie star, they are both great actors, and Leonardo does a better job of picking his roles because he always seems to nail it.

its a garbage fire

one of those movies I liked as a kid, then went back and had to shut off after about 20 minutes.
the animation is all over the place.. literally.. like the animator mixed meth and acid and a bottle of everclear and then just drew whatever the fuck he wanted to happen whenever he wanted it at random places on the screen for no reason at all... and then fucking Brad Pitt is just waking around in the middle of it trying to pretend he's in an actual legit movie.

worth watching, 10/10

>Brad has quite a few of those quality movies in his arsenal

>pic related

This. If you have some twisted need to watch it, take a few good hits of LSD first.

This guy nails it Leo chooses things within his range. That just makes him a less daring actor, not a great one.

There are some things Pitt doesn't pull off, partly because he's just not right for the part or from inexperience (like Cool World). I don't fault that as an actor. No one can do anything. I do respect taking the chance.

It's not like Leo has been great in everything himself, mind you. He was almost bad in GoNY.

Leo does know his place, and Pitt is more daring in the sense you describe. But you also associate negative connotations with that.

As an actor it is important to know what roles you can do and what roles you can't, and I would argue knowing that makes for a better performance and a better actor over all.

Of course the agents probably do a lot of the work, but I feel that Leo's eye for roles that fit him make him a more consistently good actor with a few spikes of greatness, while Brad is good sometimes and mediocre the rest because he picks what we can charitably call "unique" roles.

He was a nobody back then and he took what he got.
I remember watching the movie and thinking Kim Basinger was the star and he was just the random noname actor "love interest"

Everyone always talks about Thelma & Louise as his "big break" in hindsight, but people didn't really pay attention to him as an actor until A River Runs Through It, and he wasn't considered a star until he follwed Interview with Legends of the Fall and Se7en

>tfw I'm a fucking Brad Pitt historian now

leo is just shitty meme actor. He received the Oscar out of pity

When Leo was a nobody he fucking tackled Shakespear and nailed it.

I think for what Pitt got, he did great with it. I'm more angry at what he did to World War Z than any of his artsy stuff and a lot of his new stuff has been colored by his messed up relationship with his wife.

Anyone that has tried to hold onto a relationship knows how that can drive you crazy.

*Shakespeare

Fuck, that name's always been hard to spell.

World War Z is what Brad is now. He's a Hollywood actor who does Hollywood movies.

Don't blame it on a fucked up relationship which we know little about.

I hope you're not talking about the claire daines movie. That new wave take on shakespeare is bleh. 10 things I hate about you did a better job of moving the setting.

>gets divorced
>new movie is about having to kill his wife
Is Brad ok?

Dicaprio
Pitt landed better roles but I honestly think he's not very good

>implying he didn't beg for the role to get his frustration out

>A River Runs Through It

Pretty damn good movie, honestly.
I need to rewatch that again.

He needed a cathartic release

Leo could never have made me feel romantic about baseball.

Too bad Pitt couldn't either.

Romeo + Juliet?

That was way after What's Eating Gilbert's Grape. He wasnt a nobody then, he was a teen heartthrob at that point. He got a fucking oscar nomination for that for fucks sake.
That's what started the whole fucking meme because people thought he deserved it for playing a retard so well.

I suppose it depends on the breadth of the definition of actor. There's actor as a career (which includes the business side) and there's acting singular to a project.

If you mean actor in terms of the former, I suppose I agree Leo has done a better job.

In terms of putting a show on screen, I definitely favor Pitt. He did a great job in many movies from outside of FC.

I really feel like Leo became a business when he teamed up with Marty and stopped growing. Like, I could never see him doing Pitt's part in Burn After Reading.

>teen heartthrob

I feel that in the scale we're talking about now, being one of the most prominent actors on the planet, I can safely call him a nobody back then.

I agree that his nomination probably made him a slightly bigger blimp on the radar, but he could easily have flopped back into mediocrity back then.

But he didn't.

Is that what started the meme? I always thought it was because he was in so many Scorcese flicks that get nom'd no matter what. So of course he'd get a nom as well and lose.

departed or aviator was his best role

I think it was the tropical movie with the waterfall that helped start it then the romeo and juliet movie.

And I don't feel I can see Pitt taking his role as a white African with that goofy accent in Blood Diamond.

I consider Brad and Leo as actors, in the sense of their career moves and their development of their craft so I guess I do lean a little more towards the former, yes.

In my eyes, actors should take roles they're good at and let other roles be filled by people who would fit better for them because they have a higher likelihood of portraying the character better.

And that's, at the end of the day, what I (and probably you) want. To watch characters portrayed well.

Brad doesn't get bonus points in my book for stepping outside the comfort zone.

Well.. neither did Pitt.
Whatever. Not even sure what your original point was anyway.
I was just clarifying why Pitt took so many crap roles in the early part of his career, and then you replied talking about a goofy 90s movie most people cringe at now.

The world takes all sorts.

By that measure, Cruise is better than both put together. I've never been not entertained by a TC flick.

I legit though Leo was horrible in Blood Diamond, man. The only thing setting it apart from Typical Leo is that accent and that was rather thin.

I feel like Cap is a more selfish actor and doesn't do ensemble pieces as well
Brad is just smooth and does passion projects for funsies

Cruise is better than both put together
if he wanted to, he'd win all the Oscars

Nah, I'd argue that Cruise is less well-known than Pitt, and maybe around the same level as Leo if not a little bellow him too.

Normies are tired of Cruise, to the point where his career is clinging on that that fucking Ethan-role he just can't seem to let go.

I liked him in Oblivion, but I get the feeling that was more for the story than the acting.

>Nah, I'd argue that Cruise is less well-known than Pitt

Pitt has always been second fiddle to Cruise dating back to Interview With The Vampire, to the point he has gotten supremely bitchy about it and even tried to walk off the movie because Cruise wasn't whining about the long hours of filiming they had to do.

This was true in yester-year user. It isn't true now.

Most normies associate Cruise with this weird Scientology guy who beats the shit out of his wife.

And I do keep using the N-word because that's who decides the popularity of these actors. Everyone loves Brad. Tom has his fans, but he's not universally praised like Brad or even Leo is.

I'm personally kinda' tired of Tom. From Oblivion to Edge of Tomorrow he is a guy who somehow knows how to find himself in a lot of good movies without actually being a terribly good actor. He must have a great agent.

>I'm personally kinda' tired of Tom. From Oblivion to Edge of Tomorrow he is a guy who somehow knows how to find himself in a lot of good movies without actually being a terribly good actor. He must have a great agent.

Or he's one of the hardest working men in Hollywood.

Seriously, it sounds like you just crib all your knowledge from tabloids and don't actually look into the production of the movies he works or the amount of work he puts in.

And there's nothing more pathetic than the "LOLSCIENTOLOGY" excuse when Tom hasn't done any overt shilling for them in a decade and has pretty much just focused on making movies.

You still think it's the early 2000s with couch jump and Matt Lauer and that's all you can see.

Not that guy but shut the fuck up. Nothing's worse than people, like you, who worship actors.

>Pitt is "second fiddle" because shit that happened over 20 years ago

>nothing more pathetic than bringing up shit that Cruise did 10 years ago

Brad

>Can't come up with a retort
>Shut up dude let's just talk about the two actors I spend my nights jerking over!

Stupid cretin.

Pitt is the better actor, Leo is the better movie star

>I kin cownt

Good argument.

laughing at your life