Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums

Ask a software developer anything.

Attached: codes lol.jpg (926x618, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bigocheatsheet.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What kind of software are you developing?

Business software. Mainly database and back end development. I do front end, but i hate front end.

Imma hijack soyboy

ask Network/server administrator anything!

Note: programmers are just like pajeets. They shit in the street and blame everyone else (including their network) instead of their own fucking code.

AMA!

Hey bitch, don't forget to remove the sa account... dumb fuck

>Server admin

I guess you dropped out of uni after intro to comp science?

Can you give me more ram?

Just download it. It's free!

What is your opinion on Rust?

sorry can you reset my password, it's not like you're doing anything else right

Poor guy... you really don't know infrastructure, don't you soyboy?

I get why people like it but I don't have the time for that shit anymore. I'm not 13.

this

Ah! pleb... lrn2FullStack..

> just kidding have a great day.

can you write up this documentation, the programmers all tell me they're too busy. you're just sitting there watching youtube videos right?

I'm not technical manager, write your own technical documentation

How many passwords did you reset today? Like 12? Long day...

Star Wars or Star Trek?

Star Wars, hands down. Never could get into Star Trek

>He was behind..

Attached: 0ibjtjus1w6b2543167000000.jpg (805x519, 40K)

how much money do you make

>I can't code
>people who code are bad at it
>because I say so
opinionne descarté

Not as much as i should. $31k.
When i applied i grossly underestimated my skills so i'll be demanding a pay rise in May (my yearly review)

if (var op = fag)
{he is lying}
else
{still lying}

just kidding

I ran out of flea meds for my dog and didn’t realize it. Should I just wait until the next regular time of the month to give him the new ones when they come in or should I give them right away?

I'm no vet, but maybe wait for the regular time of the month?
Ever heard of a flea bath?

Poor soyboy... making 100k with no compsci and I'm leaving my job for a month vaca and another job

Why the hell don't you guys get "Beta testing" right? You release CRAP that you KNOW doesn't work, full of bugs and glitches and then get PISSY when anybody complains. Fucking over paid, untrained fucks. I steal ALL of my software now, thanks to people like you.

I mean he doesn’t have fleas, because he’s on a monthly pill. I just wanted to check in and see if moving the pill date would throw him off.
But he should get a bath anyway.

Also, why does my poop smell different day to Day even though I eat almost the exact same thing every day, like a psycho health fat?

$31k?
lol what the fuck, you must be joking, did you just accept their initial minimum wage offer?
your boss is probably laughing behind your back at how much of a bitch you are

software engineers are in really high demand right now, I've got people willing to suck my dick just so that I'll work for them

i'm about to finish a 4yr Elec.Eng degree, have done various software projects etc as part of degree (C, Java, iOS, MatLab). However I don't feel confident in applying to dev jobs as I've only touched on bits and pieces throughout degree. When applying for jobs did you focus on what you had learnt through a degree course (if any), or stuff you had done in your own time?

any of you niggas speak linux?
what was the first language you learnt without LUA or c++?

Dude.....wow. That's terrible. I started at 48k 10 years ago in a pretty low col place, and mine was considered low then.

Are you self taught or a CS graduate?
Is it possible to get i to SE from a completely different background if you live in a country where a massive demand exists for capable engineers?

Attached: Screenshot_20180321-160214.jpg (1080x2160, 656K)

im thinking about choosing electrical engineering or mechatronics after graduating, any tips? i really need to speak with someone to make up my mind

are you applying for software engineering jobs? Will be harder with electrical engineering degree, make a website or a small game or something

Oldfag here. Elec eng is more valuable than comp sci -if- you are in any kind of company that does software as part of a product, rather than web based enterprise shit. So yes, apply, but at relevant places. You'll move up faster than a straight soft dev.

Tell us more about how shitty your life is... Seriously.

ever try writing a piece of evolving / self improving software?

OP, I have a serious question. I have an app idea I have put a lot of thought into but need help getting it made as I don't know how to code. Where should I go to get it made? I have money, so that's not an issue, but I'm worried I will get Zucked and some smart nerd will steal my idea. Please help me. Xoxo

Yeah do that, it's the only way software developers will learn that you can't churn out crap software.

Are you drinking something different each day?

As it's electrical engineering you're qualified in, software dev maybe difficult to get into. Make a small project and have something to show off to employers.

I did a bit of Unix development at uni, but nothing special.

I know right.

I'm a CS grad, just bachelors.
Honestly when it comes to employers, they want to see what you've done and most reputable places will make you take a tech test. I have on every interview i've been on.
You don't need a degree tbh, but it gets your foot in the door i guess.

My life is pretty solid at the moment, nothing to complain about.

You COULD get onto a freelance/contracting website and hire someone to do it.
If you're scared you'll get Zucc'd (which can and does happen) make them sign a iron-clad contract. Other than that, im not sure, im not too hot on legal stuff like that.

I know. When i first applied I didn't think my skills were all that as i had been out of it for about a year and before that I wasn't all that either.

Like I said earlier, i'll be asking for a huge pay rise at my yearly review.

I'm in the UK, and tbh at least 50% of my degree has been based around software/programming. With the rest being maths/physics related to EE.

I've got a pretty cool iOS app built in Swift that I did as part of a uni module which is probably the most impressive thing I can show to employers.

My worry is that I can't go to an employer and promise i'm completely proficient in a certain area. Only that I have touched over various software applications and am willing to learn whatever they need etc. - Any insight as to how to approach job applications from my position would be appreciated

My course is Electronic Engineering rather than Electrical (big difference her in the UK). My course has been more a mix between CS and maths/physics than traditional Electronic Engineering (circuit theory, PCB design etc.). My interested lie in Audio DSP and app dev, so can't really offer much advice on the hardware side of things as i've avoided it for most of my studies.

You literally sound like me a few years ago before i got my first software dev job.

It took me 9 interviews to get that job because, admittedly, i didnt have a clue with what i was doing. To be honest, i lucked out with my first job because of some honesty bullshit.

My biggest advice would be to learn how to google, sounds silly but there are certain trigger words that you need to know to get the search results you need.
Also, before the tech test, find out AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE with what they're going to test you on and revise it like crazy - make notes, print off shit and take it into the test if need be. They won't take it off you and it'll help you.

When you interview aswell, be sure to say all the buzz words/phrases they like to hear - "i love to learn coding", "i love the feeling you get when you figure something out" etc etc.

Lotta people in this thread confusing your role with first line support who tell people to turn it off and on or do password reset shit, rather than what you actually get paid for.

Shouldn't insult the devs though, respect the skilled workers and acknowledge their daily struggle and they'll show you respect/cut you slack too.

Stop worrying. You're more qualified than you think. Every job has a learning curve*. Being familiar with a wide range of technology, and having a completed project is about all anyone can ask.

* Good employers know this. Avoid ones who don't.

ASM, get on my level

I appreciate your advice! It's a pretty in-demand field here so hopefully i'll find a good position as you did.

First step is get a placement year - as an intern they'll expect you to know less while giving you the experience to get a higher paying job. The other big thing is a portfolio - one guy I knew at uni actually had a really cool standout portfolio. He brought a domain and hosted his own website, which he coded. He showed off his projects on it.

thanks guys, still a couple months before I finish the course and start applying so will work on formalising a portfolio.

learn this for interviews

bigocheatsheet.com/

how be software developer?

how are you?

Damn. I'm just a lowly plumber that got hired with 0 experience and 0 schooling and made 44k last year . Ain't that some shit

C# or C++

is java still worth learning? i dont wantt o come across as a complete retard but I want to make an app how do i get started?