Yano how the sun pulls things towards it with gravity? In the future...

Yano how the sun pulls things towards it with gravity? In the future, when Mars is pulled closer to the sun and in the ‘habitable zone’ that earth is in now… could humans live there and engineer it to be like an Earth 2.0?

Anyone know how long it would take Mars to travel said distance to the habitable zone?
Would it take so long that the sun would be dead before it happened?

Attached: 800px-OSIRIS_Mars_aka_Earth.20.jpg (800x800, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_50N5QoQoc4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Mars has a shit magnetosphere. Even if it were in tbe same orbit as Earth it would not be habitable by humans in the same way Earth is.

magnetosphere won't be too big of problem if mars has thick atmosphere bcuz UV rays will simply be abosrbed in atmosphere and not redirected to poles

ASsuming Mars is in new habitual zone, CO2 might melt from the dry ice poles creating slightly thicker atmosphere (shooting nukes at poles now to release CO2 would have barely any influence at atmosphere dispite what Elon M is says. Nukes are tiny compared to a planet)

new O2 so get some plants

might work

not a scientist

>when Mars is pulled closer to the sun

not gonna happen

red giant phase

stll not pulled anywhere

That's in like 2 billion years.

stop bullying

It used to be a habitable planet, you ass.

humanity will be loooooong gone.

People say we're like cancer for the earth, no we're not, we're more like a weekend flu, we'll be all gone and earth will be alright.

>not a scientist
We can tell..

BTW anyone who is still thinking of Europa needs to get with the program and start thinking about Enceladus.

It's shooting water right out now. Prime visitation material. Stop thinking about Europa (and to anyone else: stop hoping that Mars is our lifeboat)

Attached: Enceladus Plumes.jpg (350x233, 13K)

impossible. earth is flat

can someone explain this pic to me. (I'm aware the reason continents change in size between different Earth photos is due to how close the camera is to Earth (closer = conts look bigger)).

Attached: weee.jpg (1533x681, 119K)

Yeah

Good thinking' newfag.
That's why the terraforming needs to start now.

Mars is already in the habitable zone ya dingus.

The sun is heating up because of Hydrogen being burned and turning into Helium, the goldilocks zone is moving out toward Mars and when it reaches we probably won't be in it any more.
Mars has lost all of the things that could possibly make it habitable a very long time ago, around three billion years or so.
The molten metal core has cooled and so there is only a miniscule magnetic field, certainly not enough to protect people from the solar wind or cosmic rays.
The water is 70-80% evaporated along with Mars' atmosphere, it's around -30 degrees Celcius on the surface on a warm day it can reach minus 10.
Mars is significantly smaller than Earth and has a much lower gravity, this would cause a multitude of physiological ailments that we don't know enough about yet, it in all probability will be very bad.

Attached: You're on the spectrum Anon.jpg (2223x1353, 925K)

so what exactly bothers you about these pictures?

moon got big

It’s because the earth is flat.

who are you trying to confuse with this bullshit?

i'm sure the stupidest user here has heard of cropping

>the moon...got...big
Congratulations, your brain is officially less useful than a dried out dog turd.

are you saying the picture is fake or what are you saying. explain

Mars is already in the "habitable zone" you fucking retarded brainlet, the causes why is a fucking dead rock are others

This stuff fascinates me. How realistic is terraforming a planet like Mars? Is it the best prospect in the solar system to be terraformed? I remember reading the Red Mars trilogy and didn't they bombard the surface with icy comets? Seems like such a massive project. Is terraforming a pipe dream economically speaking compared to giant O'Neill colonies with perfect climate and rotation to provide gravity?

He's not bullying, the sun will expand but won't pull anything towards it.

That's not really how orbits work op. We aren't going to fall into the sun or get (much) closer at any point in the sun's lifetime without some outside influence. We'd burn up from the suns inevitable expansion first. For a brief period then Mars will be in the goldilocks zone. But as another user pointed out, very little as far as magnetosphere. We'd be better off colonizing one of the many moons on Saturn or Jupiter.

people like you make me sick!

Using energy equivalent to the amount of sunlight that hits the Martian surface, we could introduce a greenhouse in about 10 yrs. Oxygen would take about 100. We cannot een fathom coming close to this amount of enrgy though. also i may be wrong

Well we sure need to understand and learn to take care of out own planet before pretending to terraform anything.
That being said, the main problem is the time to do it, as we'll need to produce more usable material (oxygen and food mainly) than we use, so the place won't be suitable for human life before a sustainable balance has been reached.
IMO terraforming will have to be performed automatically by robots and guided from earth, that's the best/safest way.

>a pipe dream economically speaking
I wonder at what degree of deterioration of our own planet and/or society the economics is no longer a determining factor. Let's face it, our planet is going to need to be on the very brink of annihilation before anyone dreams of lifting a finger without concern for personal profit, and even then I'm not sure it could happen. Planet about to be destroyed and I can't get on the spaceship to escape? Fuck you buddy. No, our own greed will keep us from ever expanding out into the universe in any meaningful way. Our species will die out here and the rest of the universe will be all the better off because of it.

"people like you make me sick!"
Glad to hear it.
And I'm your real dad,too.

should we fix Mars or fix Earth

lol, do you honestly think anything close to resembling humans will be around in 2 billion years? also the earth itself wont be inhabitable for life at all in 1-1.5 billion years.

i said STOP BULLYING

not bullying, asking a legit question
think, dont emote, or assume, im not being hostile.

For about 1% of the history of the solar system it had atmosphere and some water. That atmosphere was as likely to be horrid methanes and volitiles than the nice lush oxygen hydrigen nitrogen mix we have on earth.

the issue is it has no electro magnetic sphere to fight off solar winds so it can't keep its atmosphere

therefore this planet is no longer habitable but it has been in the past

lucky I can't ban you for making threats

threats? me? what threats? i dont think i am the person you think you are talking to.

We should make giant rockets strapped to Earth and ram into the bastard, for the lulz.

Agreed.

Personally I wonder if the sun's expansion will make other planets habitable. For instance, if the expansion happens fast (kind of like and explosion) it may push away some planets that are too close to be inhabitable now, and if that happens Venus would be the perfect candidate...

op are you fucking rarted

don't you dare tell me what I think and don't think. typical /b incel wants everyone to conform to their worldview

rofl, ok, im just going to leave this alone, you have the wrong person, theres no point in me continuing this.

Titan might become habitable short term while the sun is swole. In fact it may harbor methan life right now pretty cool

Attached: Titan and Saturn.jpg (1417x1326, 818K)

Yano how earth's centripital force from it's rotational velocity exactly offsetts the sun's gravitational pull?

many of the moons will be warm from tidal forces. would only need sun for growing food, and by then that may not be necessary.

Sounds like a conspiracy.

Mars is travelling at a velocity that keeps it at the same distance from the sun.
If Mars slowed down it would settle in an orbit closer to the sun and if it sped up it would be further out.

I'm majoring in Astronautic Engineering and this thread gave me cancer.

explain

>I read a some replies
>I contracted 6 different types of cancers

Only if the Hypotheticals put a spin membrane on us.

Attached: spin.jpg (475x475, 45K)

red giant doesn't have more mass. it's just more volume. if anything the sun's gravity will be slightly weaker due to the mass it will have ejected over the 2 billion years it will take to become a red giant

Mars will not get closer to the sun. Mars has been orbiting the sun for over 4 billion years, and will continue to orbit the sun at it's current distance for more than another 4 billion years

Quality book

Attached: 24300995_1629843017054786_6929418753618132947_n.jpg (400x400, 15K)

it could be done now if we pollute the shit out if it.
youtube.com/watch?v=_50N5QoQoc4
~18 mins in

what is your opinion on the James WEbb telescope

this is a very odd question

Wouldn't work. Solar winds would blow it away.

are you the same person who spends at least 10-60K a year on an astronautical engineering education

no, I'm the person that spent 70k a year on a physics/astronomy education.

Also, "Astronautical Engineering" sounds completely autistic as fuck and I don't know why you wouldn't just call it aerospace

How do we deal with these two problems with long term space travel/colonization? The medical effects of lower gravity on the human body and risks of prolonged exposure to radiation

what about nukes? like they said just before simply polluting it

aero:
air, atmosphere; aircraft; gasses
ultimately from Greek aēr air

No air is space brav

Rockets need to fly through air, because we launch them on Earth.

mars requires an iron core,earth acquired one around some time after it coalesced 4.2 bil years ago,a planet sized body clobbered us/it,a huge explosion that caused worldwide 2k degrees,and a buried small moon sized glob of iron/.nickel
that increased the gravitational field,added the magnetic field which protects b's from solar burps & corrosive radiation,
mars may have had a super civilization a billion years ago,and lost it because of no or low strength magnetic core,the atmosphere was burned off by solar storms.a massive bio/ geo engineering job is required to bring it up to habitable state

If I notice the other replies are more intelligent and discussive than mine does that make me the worthless shitposter

Fucking hell man, it could be that the martians terraformed earth because they had to move and the information got lost...

It doesn't have a magnetosphere to contain a suitable atmosphere. So no it couldn't really be Earth 2.0 it'll always be a highly artificial environment.