Brand New

>release your greatest album as a band a year before breaking up
>lead singer gets outed as a sexual predator tarnishing the band's reputation forever

How has Sup Forums dealt with this?

I first heard of Brand New shortly after they released Devil and God and basically grew up listening to their music. I feel betrayed.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LllchE03xRk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i'm sorry you're such a brainlet that you can't separate art from the artist. must be tough

>emo music
>2017

Grow the fuck up.

these, fuck you lame ass OP pussy boy i hope you get raped

If you want some slightly less cancerous discussion on the matter might I suggest sputnikmusic.com?

>brand new
>any album after YFW being called emo
>this is supposed to be a music board

Brand New is a fantastic band, and right now it's looking like Jesse is just a creep, but might be ok legally.

I'm hoping they still do a farewell tour.

Also, Jesse has always been known to be a dick, that doesn't change the fact they make great music.

anyone else want those skype screenshots released? this mans hot as shit

>goes back to listening to some rapper talking about being woke af desu senpai

>be a creepy weirdo almost 2 decades ago
>realise this
>get help to stop being a creepy weirdo
>you're still fucked because it comes out you were a creepy weirdo in the past
I kind of feel this is unfair

i'm not the one listening to pedos like you are

You do have a point there, but it doesn't help a whole lot that he kinda glossed over the accusations in his statement, and instead threw in a story about how he cheated on his wife.

>also actively make music saying you're a creep and hate it
>tons of references to trying to change
It's like no one saw this coming and no one's praising the sod for getting his shit straight.

YFW is probably their least emo release besides SF you fucking retard.

YFW is pop punk as shit, and the one that fits closest in the emo scene, which was my point.

None of their albums are emo, YFW is just the only one I can understand getting that label.

T. huge brand new fan

also, fuck you, I hope your head goes through a windshield

He realised it during TDAG. A few of the songs cover this.

>pop punk
>emo music

Holy fuck nigger what's going on in your head right now. When you think emo do you imagine pic related?

Cool phone wallpaper

youtube.com/watch?v=LllchE03xRk
i honestly cannot fathom how this was a shock to anybody, other than the whole underage girl detail. the dude documented his exploits pretty well himself

I'm not having this conversation with you, you faggot.

Its really not that much of a shock.

read the comments on that video
>Well this song now has a lot more sinister tone to it
the entire song is, and always has been, about how he gets girls drunk, fucks em and dumps em.

Emo is a genre spawned from bands such as Rites of Spring. Brand New have never made an emo album. Check out Algernon Cadwallader, Snowing and Cap'n Jazz. I remember having to explain this to a mate during college a few years ago that thought those fags that did The Black Parade gimmick was Emo.

pop punk and emo are completely different you hot topic drone

>he doesn't know that the YouTube comments section is exclusively for under 18s
Everybody has an opinion mate. Doesn't mean you have to take it in.

But is he really a sexual predator or is he just a dick? Don't know a lot about what happened and don't care enough to look it up but enough to ask about it on a viet cong leather tanning company forum

the girl is a liar fyi she wasn't 14 when they met

a general sex pest that cheated on his partners, and solicited nudes from a 15 year old once. that's about it.

You should, maybe you'd learn something.

You'd cheat on your partners too if you were the lead singer of a band. Every single one of them does. Some scene girl you call your missus so you can poke her whenever you feel like it. Materialism is real and when you're deep into the scene like he was you have no choice. It's not being a sex pest it's living your life. What do these girls expect? Really? Lead singer of a band? This story is age old

They're really... fine. Just fine. Nothing special.