/who/ - Doctor Who General

Best speech ever edition?

Does this rival Eleven's Stonehenge speech?

Hit the bump

desu I find most of 11's speeches pretty tiresome. Anyway, everyone knows that the greatest monologue in Doctor Who history is William Hartnell at the end of The Massacre.

>Why can't you stay complacent in your oppression? Come on, it's not that hard! What if someone get hurt? Better live in constant fear, it's a small price for not triggering people with your appearance.

This is fucking ridiculous.

Stonehedge was good but Akhaten was pretty bad.
I actually don't remember what his other speeches were.

X. 2016. The Return of Doctor Mysterio
Written by Steven Moffat - Directed by Ed Bazalgette

10.1. A Star in Her Eye
Written by Steven Moffat - Directed by Lawrence Gough

Written by Frank Cottrell-Boyce - Directed by Lawrence Gough

Written by Sarah Dollard - Directed by Bill Anderson

10.4. The Haunted Hub
Written by Mike Bartlett - Directed by Bill Anderson

Written by Jamie Mathieson - Direct by TBA

TBA - TBA

TBA - TBA

TBA - TBC

>rumoured writers for 6, 7 and 8 are Mark Gatiss, Peter Harness and Toby Whithouse

10.9. The Eaters of Light
Written by Rona Munro - Directed by Charles Palmer (TBC)

Written by Steven Moffat - Directed by TBC

X. 2017

>Here's hoping Rachel Talalay directs any of the last 4

Hope Talalay comes back too.

But the Zygons weren't living in fear. Most were living happily and just getting on with their lives.

Hope so too.

Except when a zygon kid failed to maintain his shape and got killed.

We'll see I guess.

Is it me or is this series shaping up like Series 4?

>funny companion
>roman times episode
>3 parter finale

>yfw Nardole is Wilf tier
>character originally appeared in small role in a christmas episode (Voyage Of The Damned, HORS)
>returns in the next series as a recurring role

Guys is Class as utterly awful as the first 2 minutes make it seem? It was sold to me as a friend as the spiritual successor to Torchwood but it's already making me feel sad and angry

I don't remember that happening. Altho 2 Zygon commanders that had previously been disguised as schoolgirls were killed by the Zygon splinter cell.

One of the characters says Lord of the Rings is "some old film dad watches".

They wanted to fucking massacre all humans.

It gets better but not great.

April a qt

april next companion when

Should I watch Survival now?

>he hasn't watched it already

IF WE FIGHT LIKE ANIMALS, WE DIE LIKE ANIMALS

Not really as awful. Though black girl is completely useless.

The best part of the 1st ep is the Doctor's appearance. Eps 2 & 3 are actually pretty good. Eps 4/5 not as good imho. Ep 6 looks interesting.

Best character is Miss Quill.

Yes, you should also watch the rest of seasons 25 and 26.

>The best part of the 1st ep is the Doctor's appearance.
I disagree, to me that seemed like the dumbest part. "Well, looks like you guys got this even though you just got thoroughly rekt, have fun fighting off aliens by yourselves. Fuckity-bye!"

Just watched Class ep 5. God that was shite. And I liked and defended the show up till now. I used to watch it but not really get excited for the next one. Now I don't know anymore

Season 26 is the pinnacle of Classic Who. Cartmel and the writers forced to pull out everything they can to keep the show on its feet, while all getting pissed off at Thatcher and the political climate at the time.

Speaking of McCoy, why is Paradise Towers now touted as a GOAT story?

>Speaking of McCoy, why is Paradise Towers now touted as a GOAT story?

I thought everyone just argued over which Kangs were the best.

That too, but now I'm getting people talking about how it's a grandiose analogy of class warfare. Don't get where the "grandiose" part comes from.

I've been out of the game since the last season ended, have I missed anything the past year?

2/3 are the only good episode so far and even then they're not that great

His Eleventh Hour speech is goddamn beautiful, so simple but it gives me chills every time

What an entrance

If they say so. When I was watching it I got hints of old vs young and race gangs, but they were dealt with in a very indirect and silly manner.

Class?

AKA "I wanna be Buffy, but in whoniverse"

Blonde girl who saves the world on a regular basis and used to be in a relationship with a tough, guy in a black coat before he leaves and gets replaced with a lanky guy all the fangirls love? We already got that. Series 1 and 2 of NuWho.

I find seasons 1 and 2 at least as enjoyable but at least there are excuses for not watching them (they're long and missing episodes). For 25&26 there is no excuse.

How edgy. Jesus christ. I am 21 and I was a kid watching that trilogy coming out it's hardly ancient.

Reminder after Capaldi is gone the 13th Doctor will be a dashing rogue, who shouts and gets excited every five seconds like a kid on craic. He will have numerous love interests and dramatically cry every time he loses a companion, whilst shouting I never would every time a hostile situation occurs.

"Homo sapiens! What an inventive, invincible species! It's only been a few million years since they crawled up out of the mud and learned to walk. Puny, defenseless bipeds. They've survived flood, famine and plague. They've survived cosmic wars and holocausts. And now, here they are, out among the stars, waiting to begin a new life. Ready to outsit eternity. They're indomitable... indomitable. "

>On Craic

Irish Doctor confirmed!!!!!!

>I am 21
lol, get lost grandpa.

But I thought /who/ liked Matt Smith.

>known for wearing woolly hat

We go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on

>It was sold to me as a friend as the spiritual successor to Torchwood but it's already making me feel sad and angry
sounds like it's working then

Someone for the love of god post the Kill the Moon webm

New DWM dropping tonight, I'll do it as soon as possible, hopefully share it tomorrow

I love you.

Thanks famalam.

no Torchwood made me sad and sexually aroused, there's a difference, though it becomes more difficult to distinguish with every passing day on the internet

>no Torchwood made me sad and sexually aroused
pic related

/who/ doesn't actually like anything.

/who/ likes me, we are friends

You are the only non shit trip. Stay based

Fuck off.

I liked Matt's ending speech tbqh
>I will always remember when The Doctor was me

ha-ha, banter!

He should regenerate on the tower, without the crying speeches.

>Love from Gallifrey, boys!

That speech was a clusterfuck that sounded like a drunk Matt Smith being allowed to go off script.

Confession time:
I don't care for capaldi as the doctor, i havnt watched anything passed flatline. I think clara is boring and ugly. I samefag to make my opinions carry more weight when i trip. I also complain loudly about another trip but am afraid of a backlash if i do so using my trip. I dont actually mind them but i feel like they run the show when theyre around. I wish matt smith would have stayed an cried like a baby when tennant left and get furious when /who/ shits on him I havent seen much of the classic series except for 5 and thought he was a great doctor. sometimes i steal opinions from gb in regards to other doctors so i appear knowledgeable. I have only been "allowed" on Sup Forums for about 14 months i was under age before then

Nice copy pasta.

He is the complete bastardization of everything that is Dr. Who! He does NOT fit the part, he does NOT have the personality, he DOES not do anything "Doctoresque". On top of that, he wears a hoodie???? You might as well have dressed him in a bin bag!!

And the complete bastardization of the whole genre' by adding something as douchebag worthy as a monster made from eye crusties!!!! REALLY????

This man is the complete annihilation of everything that all previous actors that played The DR. have given themselves to upholding. Upholding the ideals, philosophies, and mannerisms of WHO the Doctor IS!

Capaldi is the total destruction of 50 years of extremely hard work of keeping this beloved character in sync with all the previous ones.

[Previous Doctor] might not have been the best Doctor, but he still kept the philosophy and ideals of who and what the Doctor is and represents.

>the last writer of Classic Who will be the last guest writer of the Moffat era

POETRY

Also if her last episode is anything to go by, then Doctor Who will die after Moffat is gone. As expected.

>the Mange Lumiere meme is real

>that sounded like a drunk Matt Smith being allowed to go off script

Probably sounded like that because it was.

Feel better now?

Is Survival even good? Couldn't get past Galaxy 4 desu.

Yeah, it's good. Not exactly closure, but that's what the VNAs are for. Plus, Rose's mom cameos.

thank you very much!!

I'm going to miss Clara. I miss Amy, and Rory. I miss Donna too, and I even miss Martha a bit.

WTF don't I miss Rose, who always seems to top polls as favorite NuWho companion?

Because she was terrible in Series 2 and RTD ruined her multiple endings again and again.

Just like Martha.

anybody have a link for this yet?
>inb4 bigfinish.com

is peter still the doctor. im wondering if he'll be changed soon

He might end up leaving the same time Moffat does but who nose?

I dropped this show when that gremlin from game of thrones came on. How is the show now? How long have i been gone for?

Peter Dinklage was on Doctor Who?

Nightmare in Silver

>The final Big Finish Unit: The New Series Box set features Benton, Yates, Jo, The Silurians and The Sea Devils.

christ

wew

Source?

They could have had a classic Doctor appear in one of these if they didn't say that the Power of Three was the first time he met Kate and Osgood. It makes sense for random Doctors to drop in rather than them meeting in the same order

What's wrong, boo?

Kek

Capaldi is staying for the next season and the Xmas 2017 special. That's all anyone knows for sure at the mo.

KAME

My sides.

Big Finish made this available via their newsletter. I'm on it, but I guess I'm too late. Anyone has the link and code for it so I can add it to my BF collection?

You would drop an entire season of a TV show because an actress you disliked appeared in it?

She didn't even have a particularly big role, apart from in 1 episode. The other episodes, she was merely a minor supporting role.

HAME

She literally appeared in 4 episodes, one in which she had a ten minutes cameo.

GALLICK GUN!

HA!

No i just lost interest around those episodes. I was getting annoyed by how over the top the writting of the show was. It seemed like every episode the universe was going to blow up or whatever.

That's literally wrong. The first 4 episodes are literally as minimalist as possible. The universe is never in any danger in these episodes.

Zygon Inversion:
>don't fight, people dying is bad. Just talk it out

Flatline:
>looks like you don't want to talk so I'll kill you all instead

really makes you think

Yes. The only problem with it are that the cheetah people costumes are a bit too fluffy.