Why do people who believe in “paradise” fear death?

Why do people who believe in “paradise” fear death?

Not trying to start an argument just would like to have it explained from someone who believes.

Attached: 306CAFE7-F1D7-474A-A710-639BDF8600B8.jpg (1638x2048, 388K)

most people who believe in paradise also believe in a hell like place so they fear that what they did in life was not enough to go to paradise. this is what i think at least but i neither fear death or believe in an afterlife so idk really

Do you mean to ask, “What is their explanation for fearing death?” Otherwise, I don’t see why you would expect a fundamental subconscious drive of living things to be miraculously extinguished by a acquired beliefs at the conscious level.

cause dying hurts most the time.

OP here. I don’t believe I fear death, however I fear pain that inevitably comes along with it. How do you find meaning in life when the end of it is pointless?

OP again, I like this response. So you believe it’s just their innate instinct to want to survive? Why would they want to survive if they “know” this is worse than what follows?

not op here I dont believe anyone will admit to fearing death.

I fear dying in a boring way. Heart attack choke on a piece of meat ect.

Well There are people who fear death because of the unknown. Then there's people who fear death because they very well will be judged by God.

Do you fear death?

survival instinct will always override your nonsensical beliefs.

Yeah, that’s what I would suspect. I think everyone (whether they would admit it to themselves or not), has a subconscious instinct for self-preservation. And even fundamental beliefs cannot (easily) override this innate programming.

I don't think people actually truly believe they're going to die. Deep down, people think they're going to exist forever.

Otherwise, we'd have people running around scared shitless about their death.

There’s a quote by one of my favorite authors H.P. Lovecraft that goes “The oldest human emotion is fear, and the oldest form of fear is fear of the unknown.” Which makes perfect sense, but these people claim to”know” they’re saved and they will live forever. So what’s stopping them? So what you’re saying is either they’re lying about their 100% beliefs or they don’t fear death?

yea a fear of death is a fear of the unknown regardless of how religious you are you will never know for certain whats on the other side

Memento Mori, bitch. I've faced death countless times. Only thing you can do is smile at death.

I fear it because, what if we were wrong and the systems way different than we thought.

Fear of going to a bad place.

Fear of leaving behind what I know for something unknown.

whatever you say bud

Didn't mean to tag yah

>Hath no man a painted Paradise upon his church wall

>Catholic beliefs

I would think if they have an absolute and unbreakable belief then they most likely would not. I believe the reason that it seems like most do is because when facing something as daunting as death even the slightest doubt can cause a lot of fear in even the most courageous. I believe the only people who truly do not fear death are those that are 100% certain in their beliefs, or accept that there is no way to know.

This is why I like Buddhism. You fucked up during this life? Well, no you're going to be reborn into some neat but less-intelligent animal, such as a grasshopper that you once ripped the legs off of. If you're good, well, you might make it back to the human realm, as a human. If you were really good, then you might enter the pure land.

I don't actually believe this shit, but it's a nice thought.

well i decided a while back that the meaning if life is life it self its not about how it ends or what happens after its about what is done here and now what is accomplished while we live. and i have a mantra i live by. always do your best and if things still go wrong then oh well if you best didn't work then nothing would have and it was out of your hands to begin with

I dont know i think if there is a god I'd say its best to be right with him

I live in paradise, not far from those stairs. And they are fucking horrifying....

I'm serious but not. I woke up in a hospital before attached to a machine, tubes everywhere in intensive care(my supposed to be death bed). I've had two heart-attacks (not fat, just unlucky).

Going up to girls and asking for their numbers used to be scary. But once you do it a few times, you get used to it, it's easy. Likewise, with everything. I've been waiting to finally die. It's not scary anymore.

i don't have a fear of the unknown. i love learning new things and the unknown excites me.

yea those are the stairs to the bathroom

to quote Jared Leto from Blade Runner 2049 "before we even know what we are, we fear to lose it", whether you believe in a paradise after death or not, we all have the genetic predisposition to survive, people who believe in paradise fear death less than someone who doesn't (excluding nihilists, those guys are weird) but we all are still scared of it because in the end, we don't know what's out there, fear of the unknown I suppose

Attached: Bruce-Campbell-2.jpg (1155x767, 56K)

>Some kid back in the early days of the human species was sad that his grandmother died, so his parents made up a story that "No she's not gone, she has just gone to... a place where... everything is happy all day long!"
>Kid believes in it, later on tells his own kids, and now we have ISIS and catholic priests fucking kids and what have you.

It's human nature to fear death which is why throughout the holy bible God tells his people do not fear, I am with you. As well as assures them eternal life after death. Believers are not to fear however non believers, mockers, etc should be terrified where they very well may end up after they die

Because the people that fall back on fairy tales to reassure them of life after death are the same people too afraid to face the true oblivion of mortality.

Their ego won't let them.

you see but its an unknown with no discovery

Socrates, who drank hemlock, embracing death, was not afraid of death. Seneca the younger, not afraid to die and wrote about not being afraid of death, stabbed himself in the chest, killing himself. Cato the younger, also stabbed himself to death, not afraid to die.

Samurai warriors used to stab themselves in the stomach. Other ancient warriors used to feel honored to die in battle, embracing death.

Fear of death is a new convention. Our lives have become to comfortable. We don't want to leave it. Abandon this.

>to
too*

I have pissed up at the top. Does that count?

Lol I've hiked that hike, it's called the stairway to heaven and it's located in Oahu, Hawaii.

maybe and if it is then i will not have to worry about it.if my mind dose go dark and there is nothing then i think it will be like sleeping and if it is not then there is a whole new world i can learn from

Bump

ask suicide bombers if they fear of death the answer is "no" because of there foretold paradise

Don’t be such a white faggot tourist. Ha’iku stairs

In my country, we dont

The answer is actually "yes". A lot of those suicide bombers don't want to do it. They are forced to do it, or their families will be slaughtered.

Russia? Russians don't fear death. It's in their blood.

OP- believe I found the answer to my question, thanks user.

Where, faggot?

A combination of instinct overrides belief.

i wish to know as well you scared pansy boy

Wow you sure made that up.
Nasty old imams get stooges. Usually ugly, bitter young men or actual simpletons.
You need to be around some tribal desert folk and see how low res their view of the world is, manipulating them isn't any kind of science.

>not op here I dont believe anyone will admit to fearing death.
People will fight it and weasel with all their might, but everyone does. It's hardly anything unusual.

Yeah, but all those methods hurt like a bitch. Who wants to die in pain? Answer = No One.

You reach a certain point in life where you finally get it - that this thing is finite, and that you're closer to the end than the beginning, and I think that is when you begin to fear it less.

Young people should be afraid of death. They have so much more life ahead of them. It's cool to be brave and all, and I guess if you're surrounded by 100 jihadi's in the desert, you may as well go down in a blaze of glory, but if you have the chance, you'd be smarter to pick the life where you're sitting on the beach with a nice beer and some big tittied bitch next to you.

I already died 4 times, and they brought me back, which is probably why I no longer fear death. Not fearing it isn't the same as wanting it - I don't want to leave, but I know that when it is my time to do so permanently, it's just going to be a slow fade out to nothing like the last few times (heart attack - didn't even hurt that much). I worry more about how upset my kids will be than my own self.

You gotta live while you're alive, Sup Forumsros. The ride ends for us all, so you may as well enjoy it while it lasts.

Peace.

>Who wants to die in pain?
I would rather die in pain, tbh. It'd keep your mind off of the emotional shit, which hurts much more than any physical pain. Ex. I worry more about how upset my kids will be than my own self.

If you were in pain, you wouldn't even be thinking about them, you'd just die.

Not scared or dying, just the process. I Don't wanna suffer or the in pain. As long as it's peaceful i dont care.

It's for the tourist you faggot.

>paradise

Because deep down they suspects it's all lie

i personally believe in paradise and do not fear death at all. i believe everyone has a time when they're supposed to go, and if it's someone's time, then it is their time. it does hurt when people close to me die, but in the long run, i cope with it.

Because the bible says few actually make it into heaven and we should fear God's judgement. It's natural to fear God.