Why don't Europeans tip people working in the service industry? It's considered very rude here

Why don't Europeans tip people working in the service industry? It's considered very rude here

Europeans get paid a living wage.

Because tipping the bartender or the haircutter seems dumb.

Do you tip the supermarket cashier? Or (mi tio) the gardener?

Because tipping is a scam to underpay workers or steal more money for yourself.

Why would you tip someone bringing you food but not someone delivering your packages, taking your trash away or driving your train? It's seems hypocritical to me to only tip people if they're in direct contact with you although others like the ones I mentioned also only barely get a livable wage. It's the government's job to ensure livable wages, not yours.

Sounds as Americans as apple pie.

Because European employers actually pay their employees instead of having the customer pay the servers wage.

Not so much at fancier places, but at many other places it's seen as rude to tip. It's perceived essentially as being given alms.

People don't understand that if you paid restaurant workers a normal wage then you have to increase prices of food to make up for it. So an already expensive meal becomes even more expensive.

Also, your server will not give a shit about you and your 5 refills of soda or getting you another side of ranch or whatever else you want. They won't care if your meal comes on time or is cooked right because they have no incentive to try hard. They're going to make the same amount so your service will become McDonalds tier.

t. restaurant worker

>yfw Americans tip their microwaves

I tip my fedora

By that logic everyone that gets paid like a normal person would always do a terrible job and all of American society would collapse

Studies have shown that tips are unrelated to service quality. Some people tip and some dont.

1) pay normal wage
2) if the job is not done right cut the pay
3) have a QC

I tipped the delivery man that brought me coffee today 30 eurocents

Why don't Americans pay people working in the service industry? It's considered a violation of basic human rights, here.

>t. restaurant worker
As well as a complete fucking moron.

After tips my hourly averages about 20 dollars. So I don't care

Most people have wageslave jobs and most wageslave don't give a single fuck about their jobs

Here we give tips to waiters and delivery boys, what Jobs deserve tips in the USA? (serious question)

>be american
>don't tip
>get shot

Also, your server will not give a shit about you and your 5 refills of soda or getting you another side of ranch or whatever else you want.

People keep spouting this nonsense but if that were the cast places like Australia that have no tipping culture would be known for having horrible customer service and ours aren't very different from countries like America, Britain etc.

Euros arnt payed such low wages they have to beg at their job

Tipping is just a modern ugly thing. Nowadays even in Germany lowtier jobs like waiters, haircutters and so on EXPECT it literally instead being humble and be happy about it and seeing it as an act of favour,

They get paid minimum. Nobody forces them to do THAT job. But they do it nevertheles. If you don't want to provide a basic service and work ethic you are not worth it anyway. Sometimes they look very weird at you if you don't tip, some don't care but the majority just give you this patronizing eye. The argument 'Whoever can order or eating out got the money to tip as well" is utterly flawed.

Fuck them. They are in '''professions''' every idiot could do after few hours up to 2 days training. There's no need to compensate lowskilled job labour that way with paid minimum wage..

many restaurant and service industry workers are pretty complicit in all the bad shit and disparities they have.s

holy shit i bad for you for being this cucked by your own exploitation