Can you explain this sport to me?

Why don't the just stick two 7'11" lads at either end of the court?

It's banned

is there an offside rule

Defensive 3 seconds

someone would have a wide open 3 point shot every single possession

Same reason Hockey and Football don't just keep people next to the opponents goal?

Yes

Why don't more players just move into free space and continuously score three-pointers instead of trying to dribble close to the basket and score a two-pointer? Modern footballers can make pin-point accurate passes with a football if they aren't under pressure, I find it hard to believe that professional basketball players can't score from anywhere on the court if they had enough time to line up their shot properly.

It's called goaltending when you stand in front of your basket and just swat at stuff as it comes towards the basket

Results in the basket automatically counting for the other team

He's called Curry the uncle tom licking faggot.

Please don't use the greatest sports rivalry picture to shitpost with you degenerate divegrass faggot.

that's literally the whole point of the modern NBA, tubby

It's illegal to throw a basketball past the line of scrimmage if the defense hasn't had time to set 5 seconds on the outer defensive yard line

Why has it taken so long for this to become a thing though?

Because taking shots close to the basket is still the easiest way to score. It takes a lot of off the ball movement and passing to run an offense like Golden State does and apparently some coaches don't understand how it works and can't run it.

Why are your sports so complicated...

Superior intellect

That just makes it sound like the coaches are stupid and the players are lazy. Basketball seems like a solved sport at the moment.

It's about the same as playing against prime Barcelona with their tiki-taka. It takes an extremely high skill level to execute.

Why don't they just buy a championship instead of going trough the unnecessary motions of playing a season then a 4 post-season series?

This is also why people hate us. Warriors are unstoppable at this point and you're all seething with jealousy, especially leBeta faggots.

Complicated isn't the apt word, convoluted is.
And I don't know. Everything about our society is and it's retarded and fucking shit

Off topic. But when/why did Cleveland decide to wear t-shirts instead of jerseys.
I feel like the sleeves would be restricting

When they were 3-1 down last year.

Kicking a ball into the generally correct area where a player can adjust to it is easy compared to hitting a precise spot, at the right angle, for a basketball to go through the hoop, not just hit it. When basketball players are defending a shot they are more times that not merely putting a hand in the opponents face so they are shooting blind. In basketball the court is MUCH smaller than a soccer pitch so defenders should always be close by

Forgot launch angles. Players rarely shoot the desired angle because a player is in their face. They have to elevate it over their outstretched arms and the angle makes it more difficult for the ball to go through the hoop.

Superstitions.

And apparently, they're not restricting at all.

Still, the opposition can't goal-tend so once the ball is up in the air, there's not a whole lot they can do about it. I was a manlet as a kid (and I still am desu) but even I could convert 7 attempts out of 10 shots if I had a few seconds without any pressure. I can only imagine that a professional basketball player would be 100 times better than me.

>It takes an extremely high skill level to execute.

refball level*

You ever see the Olympic Biathlon where they ski for a bit then shoot their rifle? It's the same concept. The player is running up and down the court, sprinting into the lane for a layup, defending hard all game... Then when they are left alone with the ball in the corner their adrenaline is pumping and they are exhausted. It affects their shots immensely. A great NBA shooter will make 4/10 on average.

>once the ball is up in the air, there's not a whole lot they can do about it

Everything happens before the ball is up in the air, many more shots would be blocked if shooters didn't alter their launch angles. Many shots hit the rim and miss by a few inches to bounce out or bounce around the rim before dribbling out.

>create sport with basic rules

>we need to stop this bullshit that is ruining the sport
>let's create a rule to stop that
>new rule has loopholes

>repeat for 100 years without ever doing a full rewrite of the rulebook

Nah it IS figured out, its just that no other team has the talent to pull it off. The warriors run fast paced offense with lots of picks. Normally teams have just one, MAYBE two good players so switching on/off them is an easy thing to communicate, but when you have that much talent on the floor, no one knows when the fuck to switch and when to follow. They count on defensive communication breaking down because you cant leave curry open, but you cant leave durant open, but you cant leave klay open, and you dont have the numbers to double team all of them.

the post you're replying to is arrant bullshit

there are about six 7'11" men in the world and they all have mobility problems

why does no one defend in some way against someone who is just running at the basket to dunk?

They do unless you're talking about wide open dunks. They'll just let them have those most of the time because they don't want to risk fouling them and give them two points off free throws anyway.

excuse me? The Great Khali was a world champion. I'm sure he would dominate the NBA.