That episode of The Sopranos where they go to Italy

>that episode of The Sopranos where they go to Italy

Has an American "muh heritage" faggot ever been getting BTFO so hard on TV? It was great.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AY4RMOcyIgY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_Licciardi
imdb.com/title/tt2049116/?ref_=fn_al_tt_4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

when americans with irish heritage do it they're referred to as "plastic paddies". is there a similar name for italian americans?

"muh heritage" faggots kept getting BTFO in the Sopranos ever since Melfi's ex husband Richard the fag was introduced

Great episode, Certamente is a great song. Cool seeing David Chase in it too.

I was actually thinking a lot about that recently.
They think they're hot shit but can't even speak proper Italian and know shit about how to behave when sitting down with some real guys from La Cosa Nostra. Just some American caricatures.
It also made me realize that I'd rather watch the Godfather trilogy + Saga over and over again instead of rewatching The Sopranos. It was a really good show but I really cant be bothered with that modern shit.
1900-1970, maybe `80 is where it's at.

gabagoons

Hey Scorsese I dug Kundun!

Why did that kid think it would be a good idea to light off firecrackers near the demented don of the mafia?

>it's a Chrissy sabotages himself episode

La Cosa Nostra in Naples?

>WATCH IT, user

The difference is Sopranos is aware that its characters are fake Italians and points it out
Godfather never does

>It's a Paulie steals a coffee press episode

He wanted to work for them and like a 12 year old gangster wannabe he thought throwing firecrackers would impress.

Why do euros get so asshurt about Americans talking about their heritage?

Muh true scotsman

cause it's embarrassing, you're Americans and nothing else

Top fucking kek

So all those muslim shitskins being born in Germany now are Germans then and nothing else?

Here in Italy we call them plastic pisans.

America is different. America is great at removing people's culture and replacing it with hamburger garbage.

What really stuck with me most from the episode was the food. I admit I don't really know much about true Italian cuisine, but I'd assume it's not JUST pasta. The Jersey guys are seen dining on pasta with gravy most of the time, but the Italians are much more versatile, adding fresh seafood and stuff. Then when they finally get to Italy to eat all the "good food", he demands Spaghetti with gravy.

sopranos is definitely scorsese approved. nice try tho

White bread wops

There was some book about a black woman raised in the south who went to new York city in the 70s or something, she joins the Muslim movement and brings her Muslim-black boyfriend back to her house in the south and her mom's btfo her over the same heritage shit. I saw the film adaption last year and it reminds me of this scene. I can't remember who wrote it or what it's called tho. It's by a pretty famous black woman.

In Godfather, Vito is a real Italian. He was born and raised there before coming to America, that's a big part of Godfather II. Michael doesn't ever really pretend to be Italian, he's definitely an American who has Italian ancestry and acts like it. Right from the very beginning of the movies, he's kind of separate from the whole "Italian-ness" of the Corleone family and has to be brought into it.

>Americucks
>Heritage

Pick one

Pro-tip: you've never been to America. You only see what you're allowed to see on TV.

Thanks for your support!

M E M E

I know, I know. You know what I mean.

Does it have to be pointed out?

But, I have been to america? It's not exactly shan grilla, it's a very popular place to study abroad..

Oprah?

Italian-American cuisine is its unique own thing now, it doesn't immediately translate to Italy. That pasta and gravy shit is just one of the bastardizations and shit, that nonsense might be specific to Jersey itself.

It's a problem for a lot of people who are the kids or grandkids of immigrants. A lot of us are still only "partially" integrated, and get lumped in with "foreigners" by a lot of our fellow Americans, but we're also painfully aware that we are not and will never be "authentic" Mexicans/Cubans/Colombians (it's not an issue for Italians or the Irish anymore, they got this out of the way in the 60s, 70s, and 80s). Some of us accept that and just become part of American culture, others try to fight it and become this incredibly awkward, uncomfortable thing that's not part of either culture. Those are the people you see waving Mexican flags in California but can't speak Spanish.

>shan grilla

>being proud of your heritage is a bad thing
Haha, you're SO right, OP! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!

Nah I remember, it's "everyday use" by Alice Walker.

Are italians the mexicans of europe?

America doesn't remove people's culture, it absorbs it. The culture becomes part of a new culture in a region of the country, and if it's big enough becomes part of the national culture.

>Those are the people you see waving Mexican flags in California but can't speak Spanish.

That shit is weird. It's all "viva la raza!" and "pinche gringos!" but they can't even order a fucking sandwich in a Mexican restaurant.

the whole show was about exposing them. Always wanting to do it like the old days, but they never did.. just always talked out of their ass.

Yep, irish are the niggers

>Certamente
Yes!

>when his country isn't the United States

That scene with Livia in the nursing home with the woman speaking italian while they don't know shit of what she just said was hilarious. The DiMeo family are a just a bunch of descendants from poor italians and it's just that.

COMMENDATORI
*awkward glances*
COCKSUCKERS

>Tone, you give this guy a golf club, he'd probably try and fuck it

How real were these scenes though, I don't think a woman could be a boss in Italy.

youtube.com/watch?v=AY4RMOcyIgY

Thats Greece

She's based on a real person.

They're doing pretty well for niggers. They're more like potato jews.

Nah, the greek don't spread like the mexicans do. Polacks are the mexicans of Europe.

What person, I want to research more.

Polacks are hard working people that pay their taxes, fuck their own women and actually work, unlike greeks that do fuck all

Found the mad greecelet.

Polish = mexicans of europe
Albanians = niggers of europe
Irish = jews of europe
Swedes = canadians of europe
Finns = ricepickers of europe

They make food and argue all day about who invented kebab with the turks.

I wouldn't say polacks work harder than mexicans. You rarely see polish day laborers lining up outside a home depot.

Detected the butthurt polack.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_Licciardi

I approve of this.

where do the Welsh fit into all this

Greeks might do fuck all, but they do fuck all in greece. They don't spread around europe like the rumanians or polacks.

new zealand of europe

Who the fuck cares about the welsh?

please do not be racist we are a small and vulnerable minority group !

>They don't spread around europe

What? Greeks are fucking everywhere, all they need are train tickets and the hope the train is actually working.

Most greeks who live in other european countries moved during the military dictatorship.

>Polacks are hard working people that pay their taxes

As far as making gangs and comitting crime like their albanian buddies yes, they do work hard on that

Apparently Scorsese stopped watching it after a few episodes cos he couldn't identify with the modern day mobster scene

Pretty much this. Polacks are either criminals or builders who doesn't pay taxes.

>Mexican restaurant
>sandwich

u wot m8

Welsh = USA of the UK

>The first woman in charge decided to allow prostitution of bought albanian girls

Fucking savage

Cuz he knew it was utter shit.

>shan grilla

t. Poland.

So it's the best of the competition?

I thought that was the roma/gypsies?

gypsies are the gypsies of europe.

>The Camorra would buy the girls from the Albanian mafia for US $2,000. Many of them came on the promise of legitimate work in order to escape the crushing poverty of their homeland, but once they arrived, they were practically enslaved and forced into prostitution by the Camorra. Many such girls were under age. They were often put on drugs in order to prevent them from escaping, or becoming informants. This helped increase criminal activity, as they usually spent a large part of their income to purchase narcotics for consumption. They were eventually killed when they were too old to remain in service as prostitutes.

wtf i hate women now

>Camorra
Still no good stuff on them besides that film.

Yeah well technically they are but since they doesn't have a country they are disqualified.

It's the best but also a fag nation. So mixed bag really.

The tv series is pretty fucking GOAT.

there's a tv show? Since when?

Order a torta. You're welcome

Since 2014

imdb.com/title/tt2049116/?ref_=fn_al_tt_4

Paulie was sperging about muh heritage in S1 as well.

I still not get why stupid brits bully qt polish girls to suicide, is it envy that polish are whiter than them?

what makes it extra funny is he isn't even italian and shouldn't be in the mafia, his father was some guy called Russ

poles are vermin and their women are prostitutes

That makes sense

Russo, baka. Name was changed.

He has a small cameo in one ep though

this

Only retards actually get asshurt over it, the rest of us just find you obnoxious. We don't give a shit about your relatives.

Any of you know what bacala is? Of course you don't, well it's salted cod! We taught the world how to eat!

Success breeds jealousy.

fuck off mick parasite