Lostboy short

So, what do you think of the lastest cyberpunk kino ?

vimeo.com/188650521

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/64778965
youtube.com/watch?v=ETDEuH3YL7I
youtube.com/watch?v=CC5TQ93pSBs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

cyber funk > cyber punk

this isnt cyberpunk

just because it has androids and a cybord doesnt make it cyberpunk

not cyberpunk, learn 2 genre

this is cyber cuck

That's not cyberpunk, not even by Japan's loose definition.
>we live in a world where a generation's idea of cyberpunk is solely molded by The Matrix
Late 90s was a mistake.

>hur dur this is cyber cuck
whats that even supposed to mean?

all i was trying to say was there is that this short is a scifi dystopian not cyberpunk

calm dow nkid

technically the matrix is cyberpunk, you special snowflake

what i think you are driving at is that people think cyberpunk is just people with florescent mohawks and cybernetic modification which is just an aesthetic and not really what defines the genre

underage pls go

were would you go then?

It had a surface level pastiche of cyberpunk, covering what was little more than self inserted characters and tastes.

What I was driving at is that there are probably people that think:
>desolate earth
>cyborg
>hunting down humanoid
Is the major bullet points one needs to check off in order to label something as cyberpunk simply because that was the world outside of the Matrix.

Nice virus faggot

Let us post things more cyberpunk than OP's idea of cyberpunk
vimeo.com/64778965

youtube.com/watch?v=ETDEuH3YL7I

>Is the major bullet points one needs to check off in order to label something as cyberpunk simply because that was the world outside of the Matrix.
well that isnt the things that makes the matrix cyberpunk
thats what makes the matrix and dystopian flick instead
the first matrix is the only true cyberpunk one and the rest just shit all over its merit with its dystopian action flick shit

i know you probably already know this
but ill say it for the rest of you all
what makes a movie cyberpunk, truly, is that the characters are always fighting "the system" or "the man"
thats what makes it punk
just add futuristic shit and there you go

but yea that thing about how japan has a fucked up view of cyberpunk is true
the most well known japanese "cyberpnk" movie they have is about someone who WORKS for "the system" and is actually "the man"
im talking about gits

>when you want to talk about a cool short with Sup Forums but accidentally start a genre discussion.

fuck

well its your own fault

you should have known your genres

maybe learn about film and television instead of just watching it and memeing about it next time

yeah I know.

It seems there's a feature film coming out of this, Hope it doesn't suffer from "short director with a cool idea that took too big of a step" syndrome

>lostboy.avi

youtube.com/watch?v=CC5TQ93pSBs

I thought it looked pretty decent for being independent. I hope they can maintain that for a feature length as I'd be game for seeing more.

Very nice

fuck off