Who is your money on winning the next WC?

Who is your money on winning the next WC?

So far, for the last 20 years the best squad has always won the tournament.

A WC upset isn't really a thing.

So that only really puts Germany or France as main contenders.

But the French are chokers so my money is on Germany again.

Dark horse will be Portugal as the team will not let Ronaldo's last WC end on a whimper.

flag related

>Dark horse will be Portugal

We always underperform at WC's.

For me it's Russian refball

You're gonna need a lucky route to the latter stages.

It would certain require meme magic for Portugal to do it. Even if Ronaldo plays like he's been playing.

It's not that I think we don't have the quality to do it, it's just that something always happens that kills >our momentum. In 1986 it was players' bonuses, in 2002 it was the Kennedy scandal and a shit coach, in 2010 it was a shit coach and in 2014 it was prepared badly by - you guessed it - a shit coach.

We'll probably crash out of the group stages and everyone will crucify Ronaldo. If he plays, that is. I have a feeling he'll get injured just before the WC and fuck us over.

france isn't gonna win, le dab man will choke and disappear.

i doubt germany will be able to perform like in brazil.

if argentina gets rid of faggot higuain and dybala + messi dont choke they could make a run

> Germany

Not enough quality in the team at the moment to win a WC

> Italy

Have the potential to win it, but also perform poorly in random matches, depends on form

> Spain

Will go far but not to the finals

> Brazil & Argentina

Non-Europeans. Therefore no chance at WC.

> France

The only remaining choice. The only team that has the quality and the consistency to win this.

Us. No, seriously, for the first time 2006 I truly believe next time is our time.

Brave call backing Spain not to qualify.

>Us
>No, seriously

stop being this cocksucker.

I can't.

>WC 2014 and 7x1 was 3 years ago
>you are still alone and friendless

For some reason teams with a majority of black players don't do well, even Brazil only won the WC when they had more white/mixed players so I don't think France will win

>no one mentioning Netherlands or Belgium

Place bets niggas

Tejas

>dark horse
>not mentioning Croatia

pls neck yourself /sp

>A WC upset isn't really a thing.

Only a fucking brit could say this.
You cheeky cunt xD

Best squad?
Argentina, Brazil, Italy, France
Germany choke, Spain laughable, Portugal off in 1/4 final because they did it 50 times
Chile cucked, Netherlands cucked
Poland won't even pass the group stage

It's gonna be Spain again, the domination never ends

USA USA USA

it ended in 2013

I mean they will not go to the later knockout stage (Semis etc.). They will certainly qualify for the WC as such.

I wanted to mention you as the dark horse. Do you feel you could actually perform well as a team? Our nt always sucked even when it had star power

Portugal

It says here you consider Portugal as merely the "dark horse". Care to elaborate?

The germans had their fluke in WC and CL but look at Spain now
All their starting players won at least one of the major trophies this season, on paper they have by far the best and most experienced team

I unironically think England could come good. Another year of Harry, Dele, and Dier playing together. Could be the spine they've been lacking. Need to find a GK though...Hart sure as shit isn't it.

>Netherlands

wew lad

If Tite find better pieces for r. Augusto and Paulinho places Brazil is the favorite among Germany. And that's it.

2010 wasn't that bad. I don't like Carlos Queiroz either but we had an average team that came 2nd in a group with Brazil and an Ivory Coast golden generation, without conceding a single goal.
And then they proved tough to be knocked out by Spain in the best period of their history.

Spain is a meme senpai. I'm more worried about you guys, what are your expectations?

france

>in a group with Brazil

that game was the most depressing football experience I ever felt in NT play
I was expecting so much more desu
then came Spain refball

portugal

It's Messi's trophy and we all know it, just chose not to admit it. MES QUE UN CLUB

>that game was the most depressing football experience I ever felt in NT play
I didn't watch it lmao
I was expecting us to be BTFO or for it to be a semen slurping fest because both teams would go through with a draw, so I went to the beach with a few friends.

>Spain refball
Yeah, how Ricardo Costa was sent off and Capdevila wasn't is beyond me
But we lost that match when the clueless Queilol decided to sub off Hugo Almeida, who was performing as a brave warrior alone in the sea of red defenders. Kinda like Eder in the last euros final.

IT'S OUR YEAR LA'

FUTEBOL'S COMING HOME LA'

>what country wins

One of the traditional powers, unless the fix is in again.

Chile and Poland will be the surprises of this tournament

cant wait to see meme teams like France and Belgium get btfo yet again

there he is again!

based Romania, the true kings of Sup Forums

Portugal is definetly better than previous editions, we are dropping meme players in their 30's and starting to bring in new blood like Bernardo Silva, Gelson Martins, Raphael Guerreiro, etc. The times of drawing burgers and getting whopped by Germany are gone.

>belgium

I hope you do it. Catch up to the BRhues

>fixing what aint broke
i bet youre one of the niggers that actually fell for the quadrado magico meme

It's going to be a repeat of the 98' final, except Brazil will win this time being so hellbent on redeeming themselves and France being chokers as per usual.

WHY ROMANIA IS SO GREAT LADS

>tfw might actually make it because holland is so shit

For me, it's Germany

>Yfw poopba wins a world cup and Messi doesn't

fuck you all!

>le lose against mexico's meme squad 3-1

>Germany again
What makes you think the Germans have been able to retain their form after 4 years?

theyve got the best squad stil...

>flag
*makes it to the finals quietly*

>Dark horse will be Portugal
They have literally no chance. They got extremely lucky to win the Euros, and that luck will not extend to the WC. QFs max for them

>665
Kek wont help in this case :(

> Italy
They always seem to have the best coaching, but lately have been missing the quality up front to win a major tournament. Has this changed since the Euros? I haven't kept up.

It will be Germany again,
i mean look at the squad, we have lost Lahm, but Kimmich is pretty good.
We lost Podolski which isnt really hard and Schweinsteiger got old too WC Final was his last amazing game.

But we got the best defense with the FC Bayern Trio Neuer, Boateng, Hummels
Kimmich is Bayern too.

Weigel could replace Schweinsteiger.

And for the luck we got Müller

France are looking good

Why don't you just poach another Polish striker like you usually do?

Belotti looks good, 26 goals for Torino this season and Immobile seems to be regaining form as well

That's promising for them I guess. Can't be worse than Eder(?), Pelle, and Zaza in the Euros, that's for sure

C R O A T I A

>0 mentions of Switzerland (even by Swiss posters) despite them being 5-0 atm and all key players playing at top clubs and the fact that they already did good as dark horse in last WC
Sad state of affaris.

Brazil. Have you seen them since Tite took over? They are playing pretty well, only team in the CONMEBOL qualifiers that is looking solid

>776
Yup, it looks like he isn't on your side this time

>I unironically think England could come good. Another year of Frank, Stephen, and Owen playing together. Could be the spine they've been lacking
They've literally been saying since the 90s. They're cursed

What will Messi do when he loses the final next year? What will he do if he loses it to Portugal?

They have yet to prove themselves on major tournaments.

I've never seen Switzerland reaching quarter finals of any euro or world cup.

Everyone picked you as the dark horse in eurocup but you failed it up.

Why is nobody picking chile? They consistently beat chokegentina. Watching chile play is like watching Real Madrid on FIFA with fatigue turned off. They way they press is unreal.

As long as they don't get Brazil in the RO16, they will get their meme on.

Chile will play a great tournament , thats for sure.

If >we get to the Confederations Cup final, will probably get a confidence boost enough to meme our way further than RO16.
It's actually our last shot at the WC, better make it count.

Also, >we have to find a Jara replacement and a decent striker soon.

I always put my money on Italy no matter what.

most desperate and miserable thing i've read today
>we have lost Lahm, b-but Kimmich is pretty good. amirite gais
No, he's alright.
>We lost Podolski which isnt really hard and Schweinsteiger got old too WC Final was his last amazing game.
yeah you've said it yourself, two important strikers went downhill.

>B-b-but we got the best defense with the FC Bayern Trio Neuer, Boateng, Hummels
Kimmich is Bayern too.

Boateng chokes in big matches, Hummels is very good, and Neuer is extremely good, but kinda went down the last season or so, the best in the world would be either de gea or the chelsea keeper.

But meh, germany probably winning due to the fact there is no team that's good. Like who's gonna stop them? England? kek

Why do people underestimate Spain so much?

More like why do people overestimate Spain so much?

First you disagree with me, than you think Schweinsteiger was a Striker, and then you agree that they probably will win

By the way we got Kroos one of the best Midfielders at the moment

>Non-Europeans. Therefore no chance at WC.
>France only remaining choice

Brazilians are too stupid to be autistic and antisocial, so I doubt you're telling the truth.

>fluke
this coming from the country that won a WC only because a Nafri chimped out

Argentina

Bosnia getting ready to btfo by Greece this friday???

>So far, for the last 20 years the best squad has always won the tournament.
>1998
Netherlands should of won it
>2002
we had the most stacked France squad ever, but lost to overconfidence
>2006
England had the better team on paper
>2010
I'll concede on this one
>2014
Argentina if they didn't choke like virgins

For 2018 I believe we have a very good squad, while the Germans have an aging group. Argentina and Portugal are to watch closely. Brazil will be there too.

Queiroz is the fucking GOAT, the portugese players had too much ego to buy into his plans. 6 years later the basically did what we wanted but under another manager

>Harry, Dele, and Dier

all completely useless players. Somehow England lacks so much self confidence I don't think they'll ever achieve anything.
Imo their lack of confidence is mainly because they're not seen as internationally good players. They never leave the EPL so they're never seen as players who could do well in Europe. Unlike foreigners who establish themselves in the EPL or other Euro leagues.