National Geographic Mars: It's bad

Holy hell this show is cringe-inducing, does anyone like this? Why is it shot so it looks like a 1990s TV sitcom? Why does every character speak only in exposition? Why are these astronauts such brooding drama queens instead of badasses? Brutally bad show.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1w4xWYDEAA8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's literally a Space X infomercial.

>National Geographic is bought by FOX
>starts pumping out angsty melodrama soaps
I'm not really surprised

>Murdoch openly fawns all over Elon Musk and his privately funded Space-X program
>FOX buys National Geographic
>Nat Geo creates a show that is essentially an advertisement for Space-X
hmmm

It's bad? I read an article today that called Nat Geo the new HBO, based off of this show. I'm beginning to think it was sponsored content.

It's about Mars. I'm going to watch every bit of it no matter what. I fell in love with the planet after reading Kim Stanley Robinson's stuff.

>privately funded
Elon Musk is bathing in government subsidies. He would have been a lot less ambitious if it weren't for taxpayers bailing him out everytime one of his model rockets explodes.

It's not that bad. It's just The Martian minus the quips, plus some non-fiction interviews.

pretty comfy desu

>t The Martian minus the quips, plus some non-fiction interviews

So it's The Martian adaptation the bookfags actually wanted?

Because it's aimed squarely at ameritards with the attention span and the intelligence of an oxygen starved toddler.

in the ad it looked interesting, but then the show itself was really bad.

>guitar riff starts playing
>YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO FIND THIS PLANET IN YOUR BACKYARD

Reminder that mars doesn't exist. Space doesn't exist. The earth is flat and all the rover pictures are cgi or the mojave desert. Remember that "mars" picture with a mojave ground squirrel in the frame?

it's not really about Mars, what i saw. It's like a fake documentary of a mission to mars.

That's a fucking rock

>that crew
ayy lmao

kek

No it's not its a squirrel. youtube.com/watch?v=1w4xWYDEAA8

Oh god that's embarrassing. Was thinking about watching this, guess I don't need to now.

So it's about Mars.

Maaaaaaan

Fuck Fox

>hot dogs
>american metric system

Oh god it's not a meme

This idea that SpaceX is the beneificiary of massive subsidies, or that they receive taxpayer bailouts when their rockets explode, is completely false. I'm going to say it's not bad will, it's because Musk has so many ventures.

Tesla has received large subsidies AND a government loan, that it repayed in full before GM. SpaceX received a small subsidy to build a launch facility in the middle of nowhere. Before it was AWARDED CONTRACTS by NASA for WORK, it was funded by Musk from his own pocket. It's still in a precarious financial situation. The lost Facebook rocket might not be covered by insurance, since it was a terrestrial accident. As far as I know, there are no plans for a bailout, so if there IS one please link it. I'd love to read it.

Facebook satellite* I should have said.

I'm still dubious about the SpaceX ITS actually existing because... Look at that motherfucker. Contrast it with literally every car-sized tin can that's ever been launched into space.

What's with the fucking high-impact logo and the wacky-ass background?

What a weird show.

Don't let one man being really weird about SpaceX ruin everything.

it's pretty comfy. it has insight from various scientists (could have more tho). personally i don't believe this mission will go through, in the time they proposed to it, maybe in the 60's, there's a lot of development needed before doing this and the funds are not quite abundant. the simulation of the voyage to mars is just like any other movie about space. the trials and tribulations of the crew are not so appealing as the rest of the show

Most of the quips were in the book.

For whatever it's worth, The Martian is the most faithful adaptation of a novel I have ever seen. It's almost word-for-word, scene-for-scene transcribed from the book.

Have you seen the plans for their planned BIG rocket? They just tested it. It's got the rocket equivalent of a turbo charger. Once they get it fully functional they are going to put a bunch of them together into one giant rocket; launch the ship, supplies, and crew separately; and link it all up in orbit; and then zoom off to Mars.

Just threw this scale comparison together

The Spanish guy don't even look Spanish.

Pic related (Me)

*doesn't

Does the girl on the right get to bring her Nintendo Switch to Mars with her?

behold the might of the Bad Dragon Space Buttplug

bane?

kek

OP you're an Earther fag. You're short-sighted and selfish, and it will destroy you

It's just boring.

Criminally underrated show
Don't get the hate

>cringe-inducing

opinion discarded

>tfw no belter gf
;_;

elon musk wrote parts of it

yeah maybe it's a bit cringy for neurotypicals but different strokes for different folks haha

I doubt Elon "Escape From The Planet of the Apes" Musk would approve of all that diversity

Going to Mars is the new Singularity for fedora nerds.

I was hopeful that it might be cool

>The 1/2 that a SpaceX infomercial is the good part

Shit, I really need to redo my Expanse Webms.

Too much drama, not enough science.

>being so afflicted with Sup Forums perma-contrarian syndrome that you shit on the idea of even trying to go to mars

sad

Trump will change the NASA course towards the Moon. He's got 8 years to pull it off.

We can only hope

how many football fields is that?

>He's got 8 years to pull it off.
inb4 he gets impeached by his own party after 18 months

could you imagine the liberal butthurt that pence would cause?

>goto www.nasa.gov/images/content/694114main_Watkins-2-pia16204_full.jpg
>see this instead of squirrel

Fucking aliens, man

Impeached Trump would murder suicide Pence. Paul Ryan would become President. Ushering in the era of the first closet case President...except for Reagan.

> NASA

So the government then

Based Elon, sabotaging Faceberg.

Fuck, it's like he's just saying "JUST"

>Why is it shot so it looks like a 1990s TV sitcom?
desiretowatchmoreintensifies.jpg

Using fossil fuel? Yeah that ain't happening.

Why is NASA funding this fucking con artist?

>Being such a Libertarian basement dweller that you believe Mars will ever actually be colonized because Muh Science Fiction.