more like weaving a narrative of sexism in emo's third wave
you can do this with every sexual tunes
"i enjoy sex" - sung by the man
>good grief this entitled bigot
it is very easy
pitchfork is unusually silent about the easier targets of hip-hop
"flash the bling she suck my ding...dong" - rapped by a man
>intriguing socioeconomic's informing sexual roles commentary

The issue is that after I graduated high school people stopped bullying emo kids for their horrible fashion and horrible music.

Today, praise God almighty, this wrong shall be righted. The Day Of The Swirlie has come.

>rape and misogyny isn't an issue

None of the two are connected to emo.

i know

i was being sarcastic

is this what i've heard being called "millenial journalism"?

They're really not.

jesus christ i fucking hate pitchfork

MySpace era band guys fucking their teen fans was pretty common when I was in high school in our local scene, I don't really know if that's true anymore. Not limited to emo or pop-punk though.

i wonder if they'll do a similar article about all the trap and mumble rap they give inflated scores to where the misogyny is not even subtle

Women are literally all so stupid that they think Sexism is a problem

Of fucking course not, those are by black men

fpbp

>MySpace era band guys fucking their teen fans was pretty common when I was in high school in our local scene
I'm pretty sure dudes in bands have been fucking their teen fans since Elvis.

I thought the emo scene attracts sjw cucks, why are they against themselves?

>didn;t read the article
Are you aware you are a shitty person?

no one legitimately likes emo music, user

Apparently making a "I miss my GF, she dumped me" song is misogynistic in today's culture.

Someone shoot me in the fucking head
Article was wrong

For sure, just during the 2000s you were more likely to see guys in their 20s with 16 year old gfs in the emo scene than, say, the indie scene (probably because indie was more of a college crowd and emo more high school).

I was born this way.
Don't you fucking dare judge me.

This tbphwy
Where were the articles about hip hop being inherently sexist when X got done for beating his missus and Kodak Black got charged with sexual assault or when Nelly get accused of sexual assault or when R Kelly got accused of repeated sexual assault and running a sex ring?

so besides indie rock
what do white hipsters like again?
prog rock is lame
folk is lame
post punk besides jd and interpol is dead to them
punk is lmao now
industrial was too weird for them.
psych rock besides tame impala's pop version is the only thing they like
not true
they shitted on xxx mincecrafter couple months ago

>or when R Kelly got accused of repeated sexual assault and running a sex ring?
there were an endless barrage of articles about that on every pop culture site

also nelly got his case dropped in two days fyi. because he responded and said he was innocent.
r kelly said he was innocent also. the nu-males you look up to all folded and admitted they did it.

meme rap

Yeah, but after xxx's shit happened, article about how sexist the genre is didn't drop, did it?

>what do white hipsters like again?
none of the mentioned, they like hip hop

Unraveling the sexism of Emo's Third Wave

>meanwhile

"When xxxtentacion raps "that little bitch got her throat fucked" in his bombastic, punchy wail, we realize just how important his music is. He may not be perfect, but neither is a society that so often pushes the mental health of black men to the margins. Ultimately we find a piece of that imperfection in ourselves, and the uncomfortable question arises: how do we address it?"

I don't mean specifically about the people themselves though, I mean the "there's an societal problem in these communities" tone that is being taken with Emo here

How does emo get crap for its non-existent misogyny when rap music gets no attention for it, despite every other song being about using women as sexual objects? Niggers can't keep getting a free pass. I don't agree with getting upset and trying to change lyrics that musicians write but leftists should at least sack up and actually own up to their beliefs

p4k didn't write anything that else i think. but i know lots of their writers on twitter shitted on him and kodak.

ON HIM, not on the entire genre, which is what is their stance on emo

Pitchfork is cancer desu

Pitchfork literally booked R Kelly to headline their music festival despite him being a known abuser for over a decade at that point

yeah i agree. but i think p4k isn't going to waste time doing it. because the hip hop community doesn't give a fuck about them.

you would need complex to write an article on it. p4k is a nobody in the hip hop community

Music is extremely *problematic* in many ways. How can you be sure when you play music through speakers that the vibrations aren't going to travel to someone's ears that may remind them of a traumatic experience. Not even headphones guarantee that no volume will slip out. Music listeners make me sick! The only safe way around this is to read the sheet music of a song.

>Article was wrong
What was wrong about it, specifically?
It's not too late to change, user

Go back to tumblr soyboy

>N O R M I E R

>soyboy
Please go back to le ddit faggot

Shouldn't you be shooting up a school right now?

wait which wave are snowing and abacus a part of?

wtf I love emo now

Emo music is not misogynistic. The article twists lyrics to make them appear that way

HAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHHHHAHHAH
that's what you soyboys get for being such bitches. no one is gonna respect you pedos

>Emo music is not misogynistic.
Except for the emo musicians who rape/assault

TLDR: WAHHHA WAHHH THE EARLY 2000s WERE DIFFERENT NOW I'VE READ ENOUGH POP FEMINIST THEORY TO MAKE IRRELEVANT SCENESTERS APOLOGIZE

emo bands get pussy to be fair...

When did Sup Forums become Proud Boy retards?

If emo music is sexist enough for an article to be written about it, rap must be sexist enough for a genocide to happen

>Rap music

Haha they don't mean it, it's fantasy. Hip Hop Culture has always had braggadocio. Bitch is a term of respect in the black community!

>everything else

"Of course, Lacey has denied that these lyrics are autobiographical, claiming that he was describing a nightmare he feared; only a monster would accept these thoughts as his own. Lacey still found them suitable to sing on Brand New’s breakout record, attaching his name to them forever."

This.

they literally rap about how tough they are and how they're going to kill people and they don't give a shit, how do you think they're gonna care about their attitudes to women

you realize soccer moms and majority of whites used to hate hip hop right?

the average black person doesn't know hip hop artists. how would pitchfork benefit from shitting on hip hop artist. who don't give a fuck about them
their fans don't care.

sorry the avg black person doesn't care what pitchfork thinks about hip hop artists.

The problem is misogyny is a part of hip-hop culture. It is not supposed to be a part of Emo/punk culture

dom pussy

what does that have to do with the music itself

>It is not supposed to be a part of Emo/punk culture
It's not and never was in any capacity

Pitchfork is constantly slobbing on fairly mediocre hip hop's knob and the majority of hip hop consumers are and have been white but okay

So rap is inherently bad and lacking good morals? Glad we agree!

You mean the only musician that you can name without using google?

>what does an artist have to do with art
Can you figure it out?
Except now
It's inherently misogynistic
How is that relevant?

>it's inherently misogynistic
So black people can't help themselves? Sad!

so because its inherently misogynistic thats ok? it gets a free pass?

This thread is proof enough that sexism is still alive

the reason Pitchfork doesn't write thinkpieces
about misogyny in black-majority genres like hip hop is that they hold white people to a higher standard because they view black people as mentally inferior

hence, if Brand New writes a new album there will be references to this abuse shit all over it
but when they write about R Kelly they refer to him as eccentric, controversial, etc. rather than outright acknowledge him as an abusive piece of shit

>and the majority of hip hop consumers are and have been white but okay
there's a difference between a white hipster from brooklyn/seattle who goes on p4k. and some flyover kid who listen to hip hop
i mean its like p4k reviewing pop music and giving taylor swift . a bad review. her white fans do not care about p4k

the p4k fanbase are kids who still listen to emo. they can make u guys mad over this article. not hip hop fans

>So black people can't help themselves?
idk
No, it shoudln't. That's not my point, and that's not what we are discussing. This is just misdirection

kys nigger

what is pitchfork's stance on chris brown?

Tell me how is emo misogynistic, tell me how its hate is so big that it specifically needs a mention

This post is proof enough that racism is still alive

>all these non answers
A solid strategy for avoiding explaining any of your points

>not being able to separate art from artist

baby brains. stop giving this faggot (you)s please

Tell me about your strawman
What do you want me to explain, specifically?
Incorrect way to judge art. You are adorable though.

its alive and well you troglodyte

neck yourself

>one guy from one band from one 2000s regional scene that's declined in relevance gets outed as wanting some 15 year old nudes
>omg this genre has a culture of misogyny!

inb4 Foxing or Panucci's Pizza or some other irrelevant tiny emo band from scenes that treat rape accusations like baseball cards

Ok here's what's going on. Let me walk through the steps
1. Emo fuck writes a song about a woman in a negative light
2. Other people hear it
3. They think the vague lyrics against this one woman are actually sexism
Women are a hive mind. They can't eat alone, they can't pee alone, they can't go places alone. So when they hear a song about how a vague one person sucks they think its an attack on all women

kys kike

there's no incorrect way to judge art you philistine doorknob. do you not get enough attention irl so you have to bait people on Sup Forums with half thought out drivel?

agreed. the hostility towards white people nowadays is unbelievable

>DUDE AN ANONYMOUS PERUVIAN SCULPTING IMAGEBOARD IS EMBLEMATIC OF SOCIETY AMIRITE????!!?? LMAO

What's your point?
>there's no incorrect way to judge art
If that's true hen this post is incorrect
Make up your mind.
Nah.

This but unironically

kek

Daily reminder than any music not played on acoustic instruments among friends in an intimate setting is the work of the devil and is why this argument is happening.

Well Sup Forums? Is he right?

Yeah, I agree

>Lostprophets
>emo

Nah emo is an innately American genre imho

when will pitchfart release an article on misogyny in hip hop?

No. This shit represents a deeper problem with the human spirit, so naturally, a bunch of catty bitches make it about themselves, and soyboys flog themselves thinking it'll earn them approval, assuring that no positive changes are made and no one learns anything.

Did we not see the warning signs Sup Forums?

pitchfork.com/news/nicki-minaj-calls-out-sexism-in-hip-hop/

third wave emo is absolute garbage, hot topic core faggots, that includes brand new of course

pitchfork.com/features/article/8793-we-invented-swag/