What do Sup Forums think of long take sequences that Hideo Kojima use in Metal Gear Solid V...

What do Sup Forums think of long take sequences that Hideo Kojima use in Metal Gear Solid V? Why don't we see more directors doing this?

youtube.com/watch?v=hEGgI33SZ6s

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mmHDb1EBgTo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why do Sup Forums posters pretend to be dumb just so they can post here?

*BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP*

long takes can be good, but kojima is a shit director and his long takes arent long takes as much as a waste of fucking time

>breathes through her skin, so she always has to be almost naked.
That's both the stupidest and best excuse for flashing lots of skin ever.

And it worked!

EVERY FUCKING SCENE WAS A LONG TAKE
the writing was awful too, guys a hack

> Why don't we see more directors doing this?

Can you argument this, please?

They look awful. I personally also really dislike the gimmick of making it look like a documentary while it's video game footage and the characters don't respond to the camera.

They're much easier to do in a video game because you don't have to worry about things going wrong or the physical properties of the camera and the operator.

Long takes can sometimes lead to a feeling of disconnect since while we do experience life as one long take, the way we look is very different from the way a camera moves in a scene like you posted or scenes from a real director like Bela Tarr. Tarr is a good example of things (almost) looking forced. I really enjoy Tarr, but in many of his films I'm always very aware of the camera due to how perfectly staged everything is. Editing is something we cannot experience in real life while it does feel natural to us. Due to that extra barrier the unrealistic nature of film staging disappears.

I've never played this game before. Are these scenes really in there? Is there a character who wears a thong during the game? Or are these mods?

at some point hollywood blockbusters are going to achieve this look. traditional tentpole shit looks really outdated in comparison.

as an additional advantage, they could be starred by the very best of all time, ie: Jimmy Stewart, Marilyn Monroe, and young Schwarzenegger, all in one summer actioner.

OP have you seen Children of Men? It's got very similar camerawork to TPP. Lots of one-long-takes

But to answer your question OP, because its fucking hard. On a game engine they can easily make one shot go on for a while. In live action film, that requires several minutes of continuous acting without anyone messing up.

Yes it's all in the game.

It's Hideo Kojima man, he's fucking weird. Weird in a good way though.

I loved the direction he took on the cutscenes. A real shame is wasted on a nonsense story with cringeworthy moments.

You mean weird in a fucking terrible way. MGSV was pure fucking shit.

>Why don't we see more directors doing this?

There are plenty of directors doing this. But I doubt children playing videogames and only watching overcut capeshit have heard about them.

(You)

It was one of the best open world games in years, and its cutscenes have been complimented by hollywood directors.

But feel free to keep being wrong

>its cutscenes have been complimented by hollywood directors
no they haven't, they just complimented kojima himself, I doubt they know anything about the games

People who aren't Kojima fanboys think otherwise though.

B-but the lens flare! Why nobody think of the lens flare?

no, there aren't. not at this level.

the only way to do this right is going 100% cgi, and hollywood still struggles with not making cgi look like pure shit, while spending less than 300M.

we'll get there, eventually. in a couple of decades.

Not him but, some scenes in Birdman were pretty cool.

WHOAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>Soviet rapists
huh what a surprise

>Implying you wouldn't rape her.

It looks like she got LIBERATED

She's a strong woman, mate. She don't need your help. Only your tap water.

too much slow mo and camera shake.

Chandler Riggs has a nice rack

I hate his writing but I love his imagery and shit. Why didn't he let Boss become a demon tho? "Kaz, I'm already a demon" yeah right pussy can't even kill child soldiers

The scene of the red band trailer where Kojima made us think that Big Boss killed kids was pretty intense, to be honest.

The trailers were amazing, way better than the game.

The trailer with the Elagia song is what really hooked me. The other songs in the trailers were a bit faggy.

But I'm not a Kojima fanboy and I think it's great

Yet somehow Final Fantasy Kingsglaive manages to achieve near photo realistic GCI on a much smaller budget than hollywood movies.

Basically, fuck hollywood

>game is half finished
>release it anyway

Is this the worst MGS game?

Bump

you mean meme-takes? because honestly kojima's direction in that game was fucking terrible. zooming in on the diamond dogs logo every time dd appears in a cutscene. GET IT, BECAUSE DD = DIAMOND DOG

not to mention the god awful shaky cam, faux zoom and lens flare. take this shit elsewhere i cannot believe people think this guy makes good cinematic games.

What do you think?

>lens flare
What's wrong with this?

because he uses it in mgsv even more than abrams would. totally unnecessary and it achieves zilch. makes it look 'cinematic' in a superficial sense because kojima is a hack

Literally the only decent one

>Movies will never reach this level of kino

Hideo Kojima is a hack, Tomokazu Fukushima is the only reason the franchise ever had good writing.

I hate you so much right now.

Because it's a fucking video game, and you can do things in games very easily which are incredibly hard to pull off in a real film shoot. For example, you can follow a character with a camera floating a few feet behind their head perfectly while they run and jump and do any amount of crazy shit, and that's completely normal. The same feat in film would be ridiculously complicated.

>the franchise ever having good writing

Kojima saw Alfred Hitchcock's Rope and instead of seeing the long take's story telling capability for conveying a realistic passage of time, he saw them as a gimmick meant to impress for they're own sake. All the shots in MGSV are shallow and objectively unremarkable.

Because ripping off Hard Boiled gets old if you're not a champ.

>it's a Kojima really needs someone to tell him to stop being retarded but nobody says anything game

4 really exposed just how much of a hack he is

>they're
meant their but it should be its

>instead of seeing the long take's story telling capability for conveying a realistic passage of time, he saw them as a gimmick meant to impress for they're own sake. All the shots in MGSV are shallow and objectively unremarkable.
Explain what you mean by all this.

I'm a huge MGS fan and i think Kojima is great but anybody who doesn't think this is true is delusional.

>Thoes floppy legs
>Venom's child-like grin
>That dramatic slow motion

If I laugh any harder im gonna collapse a lung

at :08 it looks like Venom gets fed up and just curb stomps d-dog

>objectively unremarkable
Kill yourself, the world will be objectively better

>Kojima saw Alfred Hitchcock's Rope and instead of seeing the long take's story telling capability for conveying a realistic passage of time, he saw them as a gimmick meant to impress for they're own sake.

or maybe, you pretentious douche, he just felt like doing long takes because its easy in a video game and why not try it

Who was in the wrong here?

Cool, so since he refuses to explain what he meant by his post do you have the balls to explain for us peons? I'd like something informative instead of drive-by fedora tips.

Why does aged Ocelot look so ratlike? Why doesn't he meow anymore?

so glad i don't play vidya anymore

Oh, you'll return, at some point movies won't be enough escapism and you'll long for some mindless bullshit to occupy yourself with for dozens of hours.
It happened to me

As a fan of the series I was really disappointed in the lack of story in MGSV. It's barely there and there aren't even that many scenes. I know hurr durr its a game but MGS was always a story focused series.

That looks so retarded. WTF Japs.

She really took a bite out of crime...

Jesus Snake is a fucking moron. No idea how those russian goons got the drop on him when he showed up to untie Quiet

Maybe if JJ did a long take anti-rape scene like this for Rey I'd actually tolerate his rehash for 6 minutes.

Rope's kinda gimmicky as well, let's not kid ourselves here. And Hitchcock realized this, otherwise he would've use more long shots in his later films.

Stop right there, plebian shit

I still think MGS is the best videogame ever made. This looks like complete fucking trash, a woman? What the shit, where's Snake?

>pretend

>long unedited sequences

>animation or CGI

>Why don't we see more directors doing this?
Because they actually know what they are doing.

The Kojima fanboys shit all over V though. Only plebs liked it.

Sometimes Sup Forums really takes me by surprise at how much festering, tasteless retardation can grow here.

Yeah they know they're making sterile garbage that retards attached to a brand clap to anyways. They still suck shit.

It's Always Sunny and Birdman both pulled it off.

Shouldn't you be working in the Aquitine, pleb?

thanks fag now I can't stop humming Quiet's song all over again

A Russian made it 10 years ago and a German made it last year, with no cgi. Get with the times Grandpa.

Perhaps. But there was a point to when Hitchcock used it. What's the rationale behind Kojima's use of it other than "because he can".

idk you fags still haven't proved any of your "points"

almost as if you're scared to start an actual discussion

More than a "point", Hitchcock had better craft. Because, you know, he was fucking Hitchock.

skr skr

is this game for masturbatory purpose?

I'm drunk what the fuck is going on? I thought she was a plant?

This scene right here is why I won't be able to show this game to my Mom ever.
She use to watch me play MGS, MGS2, MGS3, and Revengeance.

>MGS, MGS2, MGS3
And you STILL live with your mom? Just play it in front of her. Hopefully the sexual tension will get her to finally take your virginity and cure your autism.

She lives with me; she's old and has nobody to take care of her.

>Kojima fell for the hollywood production values le playable movie meme
I thought he understood the strengths of the media

youtube.com/watch?v=mmHDb1EBgTo

Detail only used when necessary.
>Forgets melting fucking ice cubes.
The fuck wrote this?

SAGE AND REPORT Sup ForumsKIDDIE THREADS