Cinema is the ultimate pervert art. It doesn't give you what you desire, it tells you how to desire

>Cinema is the ultimate pervert art. It doesn't give you what you desire, it tells you how to desire

How true is this?

Sound like your typical Althusser-Lacan paradigm from early 70's. So it's shit.

But what we want is to relax and even learn and it does give us that.

What did he think about Kung Fu Panda 3?

I think Zizek's idea concerning canned laughter is pretty spot on. Even laughing is too tiring so the show will do it for you.

You left out at least 3 ::sniff::s from that quote. Get it right pal.

tips *sniff* fedora

AND SO ON AND SO ON

mein gott
i am already eating from the trashcan all of the time
:sniff:
the name of this trash can
:sniff:
is ideology

>inception horn

Cinema has long been surpassed as a medium of entertainment and experience. Stop living in the stone age grandpa

Shut up and whip them out.

AN SHO ON AND SHO ON

Is that pic supposed to be bait?

>Cinema has long been surpassed as a medium of entertainment and experience. Stop living in the stone age grandpa

epik simply erik

now go back to Sup Forums

OOOH OHHH

MY GOD

I VANT TU FFFFACK MY MOFFFUA

Think you meant

>Schinema ish che ooltimat perrvert art. It doeschn't kive ju wat ju deshire, it tels ju how to deshire.

Where do you think you are.jpg

a lot to unpack and i'm too lazy to do it

get with the times. even in dollar value movies are outdated

forgot pic

Did he really say that?

Is this drawn by that Winston Rowntree fella?

yes

FI LEM

Don't we just all know that idiot, who's only book read is LotR?

Well, Zizke is a cinephile more than a bibliophile, but in my opinion film is the most perverted art of all because it's nothing but propaganda of consumerism, like the newer Sandler movies and so on and so on *sniff*

i pity you plebs for not migrating or at least even recognizing the superior medium.

PURE

Did you get laughed out of Sup Forums again for trying to insist vidya is art?

"vidya"games have surpassed your outdated medium a hundred times over. you're just too stuck in your archaic vision that you refuse to see it

and here we see propaganda in its most brutal form. this, I insist, is the true horror. no, I am sorry it like an old palestinian joke, you know but my god the horror is this object small letter a, desire, that, it is like lehman brothers supporting occupy wallstreet you know what I'm talking about

pure ideology

I honestly want the show from that screenshot to exist where it's just a regular 3-camera sitcom about 20somethings in NY/LA except at random times Zizek comes in and analyzes things

pure ideology
*sniff*
and so on

The fact that it's so easy to do a Zizec riff is probably an indication of how much of his philosophy is hot air.

>someone actually made this image and believes the things it claims

LMAO

all i'm seeing are fucking plebs with no single argument why their movies isn't considered an outdated medium by today's standard

stay salty

Video games will never be appreciated as art. By trying to elevate them to the status that high art resides at you demonstrate fundamental ignorance of what it means to be art, and if you rationalize that all works are equally dialectical then you are simply stripping art of its significance to lower it to the level of video games.

You will never, ever have the status you crave.

bye rddit

They've already surpassed your medium. Deal with it

Nah, I've seen video games that compare as an art form to movies, TV, theatre, and books. It's all about making the media fit the medium. Any game that wants to be artistic needs to have some aspect of free-will (or a rejection of it) to account for the agency, or limits of agency, for the player.

That's why Bioshock was one of the first games where people went "whoa, deep bro" because the entire point of the MC's story-arc had to do with a hidden issue of free will and agency, as well as assumptions of those things related to a player in a video game.

As far as art appreciation goes, you're basically waiting for high-level academics and rich art-collecting fucks who think they are "above" video games as a medium to die-off. Once again old curmudgeons are holding us back culturally.

By your logic any other form of art is an outdated medium too, videogames and movies are completely different entities, is like comparing apples to oranges.

Filmmaking has a different path and is looking for different results, is not only the "medium" but the whole Filmmaking concept, I mean shit, there's a reason why youtube is so popular, and there's a reason of why some people like more to see a video of someone else playing a videogame than playing it

>didn't read the poems

fucking loser

I wanted to talk about ideology, not video games

>deesh eesh exactkly whaat ei preepose, uh uh
>sniff

that's stupid

why are directors such retardeds?

Holy fuck.
HOLY FUCK.

I finally can understand. Why I hated all those scripts that I was working on.

A movie can only work by the promise of resolution, but not by actual resolution. It's like one of those Las Vegas signs always pointing pleasure pleasure pleasure in another direction. But your never get there. The linear format of the editing doesn't allows this.

A good movie can only be a promise. Everything is so clear now.

take your meds lunatic

>The Last of Us
>You don't do nothing for 3 minutes and the game starts giving you hints.
Pick a better example m8

Can someone tell me in one or two sentences exactly what Zizek means by "pervert"?

>treating it as a game
>not treating is a purely visual cinematic experience

stick to fighting games or cod please

:
you need to :snif: do like one of those nice, gentle :shirt tug: French movies where you have incest, which is portrayed as a nice secret between mother :deep sniff: and son and so on, I like that

But people typically don't like films without resolutions

I enjoy creating ambiguous endings that could or could not be the resolution. Let the viewer decide.

The power of cinema relies in non-participation m8.
It's the voyeuristic element of it. So you can hate your shitty scripts, the medium clearly doesn't need you.

People probably won't like your films then

>tfw Zizek thread gets hijacked by shitposters using played out 'Last of Us = Citizen Kane' bait

How's this for an argument, the faglord who makes these things did a complete 180 on the subject for his cuck-queen overlords after the GooberGlomper crisis got them labelled 'problematic' or some bullshit and now he only ever talks about how childish and retarded they are?

That's the point. For the resolution to matter you need to care first. To very invested in the characters. The resolution is meaningless if you don't care.

That's what he means by "telling you how to desire". That's what good movies do. Lead you. But they don't really care about the resolution you personally need.

I'm feeling it. Narrative-resolution is a lie. When was the last time answers at the end of a piece of fiction satisfied you?

Nobody cares about the resolution you need except you. It's art, not self-help.

wow

correct

you can resolve certain aspects of the plot and character arcs, but not all of them. not full resolution