Is faith a self-preservation mechanism of religion?

Is faith a self-preservation mechanism of religion?

Attached: RichardThinkson.png (250x250, 20K)

Yes, faith and hope. These ideals are made to force you to give up logic to believe in otherwise unreasonable and ridiculous concepts. Just look at the current state of religious people’s mindsets and the way the view the world and reality.

no its more of an explanation for them to allow themselves to powerless to control something

so they decide I need to have faith god will protect so and so cause I am powerless to protect them

allow themselves to be*

none of what u said works in the categories u mentioned

someones out of his league

being this retarded

being this retarded

I mean, if religious people didn't concede anything that either upset them, or doesn't fit into their story to 'God works in mysterious ways' or 'It's not for us to know' then how long would such a system remain? The fear of no life after death can only carry a person so far, I would think

samefagging this hard

Attached: Rhink.png (225x225, 58K)

Do your research, bucko

this retarded

this retarded

I have. apparently more through than you.

Found the christcuck

guys guys were all retarded

this retarded

this retarded

This topic has already been answered. Use google or ask one of your teachers.

/thread

if the answer was so easy to find why wouldn't you just copy that instead of typing that out

Attached: PrettyBigThink.png (709x824, 558K)

being this retarded

Welcome to a civilized debate, in one corner we have

and in the other corner, we have

Who will win? Die to find out!

Attached: ThinkinAboutIt.png (100x100, 10K)

sure kid
stay mad

Can you distinguish between faith and organized religion? Certainly there is a difference between believing in certain things and following a cult?

>sure kid
>stay mad

legitimate kek

Attached: damage.jpg (650x650, 188K)

this retarded

Oh god, never change, all religious people

Attached: 1509864954650.jpg (369x263, 33K)

this retarded

>Oh god, never change, all religious people
prove your claim kid

You want me to prove the fact that I don't know if there is a higher power due to my perception of a lack of evidence and what could only be described as plot holes in the one body of text you guys say you can cite from with 100% accuracy?

the burden of proof for incredible claims is on you. I'm not the one saying there is an invisible sky daddy who says that he is perfect, and without sin, who then goes on to define murder as a sin, and then shortly afterwards, kills a whole bunch of people

Attached: DeusThink.png (3501x4927, 304K)

Sounds like religion isn't for you however live like Jesus you still got a shot at salvation if you repent. To argue against religion is pointless your internet neck beard argument is just raising your blood pressure you're not changing anybody's faith.

This isn't stressful, I'm bored and this is entertaining. I know the chances of my mind being changed are low, but I enjoy seeing whatever arguments are popular at the moment

I doubt I would change anyone's mind, either, if they are here and they're not underage, the likelihood of any change of heart is basically zero, and/or not worth the effort

anywho, threatening anyone who disagrees with you belief with eternal torture, even in a roundabout way, doesn't really seem like a good way to make friends, how does that normally work for you?

Attached: BookThink.png (112x112, 11K)

you sure are stupid kid

You're a cuck boy we dick you fuckbean.

are you trying to speak?

Go die in a fire fuckboy the second.

People in real life circumstances typically don't challenge my religion but I to as an intellectual like to see what you have to say even if it's the same mundain arguments always used.

I mean they are the same arguments because they work, don't fix what isn't broken, right?

Attached: ThinkingBoutThatLolipop.png (1161x1068, 152K)