The man on the left is why blink pushed the bars and made their 2003 album wich still their best one...

The man on the left is why blink pushed the bars and made their 2003 album wich still their best one. He always wanted the band to evolve, that's why Box Car Racer was so well received, the self titled is considered they peak and the first AVA album was also good (a lot of it was meant to be on next blink album). Mark Hoppus to this day still wants to make Enema of the State all over again.

Tom wanted to spend time with his family after Self Title but Mark couldn't accept it, he wanted to tour non stop and that led to the end of the band when they were at their best.

After all of it, people still think Tom Delonge is an asshole and Mark Hoppus is a good guy. No wonder why Tom left again, did you guys listen to California? Mark is the one who fucked blink. Anything good about this band happened because of Tom Delonge.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZPopPkglQNI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>their 2003 album wich still their best one
>wich
Your opinion is as bad as your spelling.

I'm doing the best that I can amigo

> taking Blink 182 this seriously

That's funny since pretty much all of their best songs were written and sung by Mark, while it wasn't until the third album that Tom finally started contributing worthwhile material

That's funny because the best songs are Delonge songs since Dude Ranch and they would've been stuck in their Enema phase forever if it wasn't for him. Mark should keep +44 and forget about blink, he messed up.

If you like the 2003 album and saw the making of the album, you know it's all thanks to Delonge.

I agree.

controversial opinion:

angels and airwaves was actually good

If by good you mean Masonic, sure.

my brother is a free mason

I hope he doesn't think it's okay to be a freemason and a Christian

I love the first album, not so sure about the others.

listen to the first three tracks of LOVE

Oh right, I love The Flight Of Apollo.

Well this explains everything

I put off listening to AVA for the longest time, are they as good as you say they are

the first three albums yeah

I like them both as people and musicians. They were my favorite band from age 11 to age 13. The s/t, Dude Ranch, Neighborhoods, Take Off Your Pants and Jacket, and Box Car Racer are all good albums. They probably sewed the seeds for my later appreciation of everything from early punk, to post-hardcore, to midwest emo.

same

S/T > Dude Ranch > Enema > Toypaj > Cheshire Cat > Neighbourhoods > California

I'm not counting EPs but I like Dogs Eating Dogs better than California.

honestly I like their new stuff more than stuff they did with Tom. I'm younger but this is the Blink 182 I'm used to

That's because you're young. I love blink, but their only good album is the 2003 one, the other ones I like due to nostalgia. Neighbourhoods was okay.

Why not?

This. The self titled was worlds away in quality. Once they dropped the fart jokes but not the fun, they became so much better. It's a shame they couldn't maintain that quality, they could have had a career rejuvenation like Green Day did.

Unfortunely they broke up when they peaked.

except the best blink songs are

>in no order
Dammit
Adam's Song
Emo
Apple Shampoo
Go
Pathetic (sung by both whatever)

Adam's Song is great but

Asthenia
Down
Obvious
Time To Break Up
Dysentery Gary
Enthused
Dick Lips
Carousel

Mark is okay, but he is no Tom.

>no Stockholm Syndrome
m8 wot r u doin

I Miss You
Reckless Abandon

self titled is so overrated
their best is enema

Delonge = Wilson
Creative songwriting backbone, people shame him for not sticking to formula, being "crazy"

Mark = Love
Money hungry corporate cuck with no songwriting ability and continues on with bastardized version of band

Except Brian was actually committed to writing music, Delonge didn't care about the band and left to do his alien research or whatever

>Mark had no songwriting ability
mate most of their best songs were written by Mark

>Cacophony
>Dammit
>Josie
>Emo
>What's My Age Again?
>Adam's Song

Um, sweetie...

2002 - Box Car Racer
2003 - Self Titled
2006 - We Dont Need to Whisper
2007 - I Empire
2010 - Love
2011 - Love Pt 2
2011 - Neighborhoods
2012 - Dogs Eating Dogs
2014 - The Dream Walker
2015 - To the Stars EP
2015 - Of Nightmares EP
2016 - Chasing Shadows EP

Not his fault Mark wanted him to stick to the formula and never take a fucking break

Cacophony is not a great song

Dammit, Josie, Emo, Whats My Age Again, Adams Song are all greatly benefitted by Toms guitar

youtube.com/watch?v=ZPopPkglQNI

I'm not super insanely into blink but I grew up on that shit. Grew up in poway as well so the love for them was in the air pretty much. Potent nostalgia music for me.

>WHERE ARE YOOOUUUUUU AND I'M SO SORRY

just hearing the name blink 182 brings me back to early 2000s chilling on AOL and chat avenue listening to Senses Fail and Underoath. I miss that shit. Honestly I miss you is one of my favorite songs of all time.

Based

+44 waa okay but california is just terrible, mark is lost without tom. Tom did box car racer and some good shit with ava without mark. One has to be delusional to think mark can compare to delonge in creative ways.

Barker claims DeLonge's behavior on tour was "introverted" until "money started coming in," after which "he'd get excited about Blink." He states DeLonge abruptly quit sometime in mid-2014, and rejoined the following day.[95] The group planned to begin writing their seventh album in January 2015,[96] which had continually seen delays.[97] "I'd do interviews and I just felt awful for fans because they were promised albums for years and we couldn't do it," Barker later said.[94] A record deal was finalized and sessions were booked before DeLonge's manager informed the band he intended to spend more time on "non-musical activities" and indefinitely depart the group.[98]

Also there was an 8 year gap between the self titled and Neighborhoods?

Not the same user but delonge waa tired of touring and wanted to be with his family in 2004, mark didn't take it well, also mark had a lot of resentment because of box car racer so I'm sure he was no saint. The gap is because they broke up at the time.

You're spending friday night on Sup Forums, calm down.