Why does anime fail so miserably when it's adapted to live action?

Why does anime fail so miserably when it's adapted to live action?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mKF5I4VP9QE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because its a different medium made by people who don't understand the original one
though even if they understand it it's just not going to translate well

Because it's shit for kids and autists.

Baka gaijins

That and Japanese writing and concepts are too alien for Western adaptation. They're also quite piss-poor in execution and style.

Because it's already visualized fine in anime/manga, as opposed to a book with is strictly text. It is also why live action superhero movies don't work.

Fuck you I liked it. I played it once a week for three years.

>It is also why live action superhero movies don't work.
Speaking as someone who really loathes how superhero movies are dominating the landscape, there ARE successes compared to anime/manga adaptations.

Honestly, Hollywood has enough trouble adapting Western literature and comics into film/TV, what makes them think they can adapt Asian fiction properly?

>what is speed racer

The settings of the anime they adapt are Asian. They need to pick something Western like Nanatsu no Taizai.

Because they change too much shit too often to try to appeal to more people instead of the people who actually gave a shit about the source material.

These are all shit answers. The real answer is because the people making the movie don't give a shit about the anime and want to do "their" version. And when the Japo's do live action versions it usually sucks because they try to condense dozens of episodes into a few hours which always leads to problems.

This user knows whats up. Also nice dubs.

Because it's been whitewashed.

Bad example, this could have been based on anything and still failed. This belongs in a category all it's own in terms of failure.

"Sucess" exclusively meaning not bad, and still a worse product than the source while not being different enough to be worth it (again like a book or play would be).

I liked 70s Superman and all that, but the cartoons and comics will always be better than the movies.

not only that, japs can't do pacing right. literally film 101 ffs

Because anime already fails miserably as anime.

because the live action budget of an adaptation for your average shonen would be in the billions.

The level and scale of destruction, along with the complete abandonment of reality, physical proportions, and use of spectral/auric effects would run up a tab in the high millions, even if you didn't go with someone like ILM.

The Transformers films don't come close to the level of "let's just blow up city/mountainscape/plain that your average shonen anime has.

What adaptation?

because even with a big budget hollywood has a hard time doing what you can get away with in animu

the 3rd matix movie tries hard to be dbz in the last fight and fails. the mcu has its own flavor of over the top stuff that works but i dont see much of what animu does working in live action

This is the correct answer.

MoS did and plebs complained that the city god destroyed too much lol

Crying Freeman wasn't too bad.
youtube.com/watch?v=mKF5I4VP9QE

>anime try to appeal japan audience
>live action try to appeal normies and anime fans (not really)