State Department Blocks Release Of Hillary Clinton-Era TPP Emails Until After The Election

ibtimes.com/political-capital/state-department-blocks-release-hillary-clinton-era-tpp-emails-until-after

06/06/16
State Department Blocks Release Of Hillary Clinton-Era TPP Emails Until After The Election

Update, 4:35pm ET, June 6: Following IBT's story, Donald Trump's campaign demanded that the State Department release Clinton's TPP-related emails. The Trump campaign referred to Clinton as "the outsourcing candidate" and said she was intent on "ramming TPP down the throats of the American people."Read IBT's story about Trump's statement here.

Original story: Trade is a hot issue in the 2016 U.S. presidentialcampaign. But correspondence from Hillary Clinton and her top State Department aides about a controversial 12-nation trade deal will not be available for public review —at least not until after the election. The Obama administration abruptly blocked the release of Clinton’s State Department correspondence about the so-called Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), after first saying it expected to produce the emails this spring.

cont.

The decision came in response toInternational Business Times' open recordsrequestfor correspondence between Clinton’s State Department office and the United States Trade Representative. Therequest, which was submitted in July 2015, specifically asked for all such correspondence that made reference to the TPP.

The State Department originally said itestimated the request would be completed by April 2016. Last week the agency said it had completed the search process for the correspondencebut also said it was delaying the completion of the request until lateNovember 2016 —weeks after the presidential election. The delay was issued in the same week the Obama administration filed a court motion to try to kill a lawsuit aimed at forcing the federal government to more quickly comply with open records requests for Clinton-era State Department documents.

Clinton’s shifting positions on the TPP have been a source of controversy during the campaign: She repeatedly promoted the deal as secretary of statebut then in 2015said, "I did not work on TPP," even thoughsome leaked State Department cables show that her agency was involved in diplomatic discussions aboutthe pact. Under pressure from her Democratic primary opponent, Bernie Sanders, Clinton announced in October that she nowopposes the deal —and has disputed that she ever fully backed it in the first place.

FIN

> already on page 9
> within 15 mins
> zero replies

bump

I'd say this is a good win for trump, because it gives him something to point to for how corrupt the system is

I don't know what to say dude. It's not like Sup Forums can leak the emails.

In the heat of this nomination campaign, when Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders have taken so much space it may be a little difficult to remember how momentous this week truly is for all of us.

For the first time ever, a major party nominee will be a woman. This isn't about playing the "woman card" -- I am a man. This is finally about true equality.

This is about over half the population of the United States never before seeing one of their own competing for the White House.

This is about catching up to Great Britain, Germany, Canada, the Philippines, Iceland, Israel, India, Pakistan, South Korea, Argentina, Jamaica, Australia and many other countries where women have held the highest elected office in the land.

This is about every mother, sister, daughter, niece, wife and girlfriend finally seeing another woman becoming the nominee of one of the major parties competing, on an equal footing for the highest office in the United States.

This is a momentous occasion. Let's not forget this moment. Let's celebrate how far this country has come. Then, let's work harder than ever to elect our first female president in November.

Massive slide bro

i wish more people understood the gravity of the TPP. damn kike magic

can we get the obnoxious bern fags to get onto this. all you faggots with the twitter botnets start spamming twitter with this shit or somthing.

>This is about over half the population of the United States never before seeing one of their own competing for the White House
Absolute retardation.

I hope this helps destroy her. She's just another neocon kike.

>Let's give Trump more fuel for accusations of DNC corruption and cronyism and hand him the election.
> And let's do it for free!

P O T T E R Y
O
T
T
E
R
Y

It's pretty funny that in the end this will probably be just as damning for her as actually releasing her full-of-lies emails, as it shows that the state department is corrupt for her. There is no legal reason to delay the release, the american public is entitled, and has the right to see any non-classified government documents it wants at any time. The "delay" seems like it goes directly against the will of the people.

"The request, which was submitted in July 2015"

We're supposed to believe that the U.S. State Department simply can't get the emails out in over a fucking year?

Are they having Dominican monks transcribe them to parchment?

How does this work? Could we call our representatives to also request the release

Can Putin save us?

That pic HAS to be shopped.

Holy shit the shills aren't even attempting to hide any more.

Can Hillary even be considered a woman?

I think she's technically a man.

Hahaha I woke up my dog. I busted a nut on him because this comment was that hilarious.

Bumper dumper hump lumparumper

ehh it makes sense. In a negotiation, you hae to keep secret what you're willing to give up, so that you can try to get the best deal. If TPP talks are still ongoing, then the Obama people aren't going to want talks to leak where they discuss what they're looking for and what concessions they'd be willing to make.

Hillary getting to lie and not be called out is just a side-effect.

KEK MY LIFE INTO PIECES

the deal has been agreed on by negotiators of each of the 12 countries, its basically just pending ratification by USA and Japan

>The "delay" seems like it goes directly against the will of the people.

Huh, makes you wonder if she's ever done something like that before.

I'd sooner elect Miley Cyrus than Clinton.

>Complex trade negotiations that Americans don't understand and can be easily picked apart for slogans and soundbites
>This is what we want our election to be about. Fear mongering over planning sessions

Enjoy the continuing spiral of American democracy Sup Forums

>philippines
gloria macapagal arroyo is under house arrest for embezzling government funds to her own bank account and the philppines was one of the most corrupt countries ever under her grasp. not making a good point thete

This is yesterdays news.

bumpu

There's video of it. Some woman threw a shoe at her and she reflexively went all heeb.