When My Bloody Valentine's new album is released next year, how do you think it will compare to mbv...

When My Bloody Valentine's new album is released next year, how do you think it will compare to mbv? What are your hopes for the new album and what are your expectations?

I think in overall approach, the music will be more alt rock oriented as way to address the slow and colder reception of mbv. The album with have a big kickoff song like Only Shallow. I hope that the music has a higher dynamic range with shrilly guitars and high pitched frequencies with heavy driven drum beats. I expect something tamer though, and think Shields will play it safe in the same way that Slowdive did. The album will likely stay true to shoegaze, more so than Slowdive, but that doesn't mean it couldn't be boring as shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dwI3QLvrhjU
youtube.com/watch?v=H8uIfLIWflI
youtube.com/watch?v=s6I3JGzJAdM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Better than mvb, not better than Loveless.

god mbv sucks

shields wont play it safe.

It's actually pretty underrated. The follow up to Loveless we needed, not the one we wanted. I've been listening to it a lot more lately compared to a couple of years back.

The tracks on the first half of mbv contain all the elements of tracks found on Loveless, but with kind of a different mood. This is pretty obvious from the opening track, which is like a sleepier and more drawn out version of Sometimes.

>yfw brian eno produces the entire album and all of the tracks are pretentious 8-9 minute long ambient drone snoozefests

Wow, you don't know shit about Kevin Shields do you?

Kinda hard to say. MBV has historically iterated ever so slightly from release to release and that held true even on mbv, where they basically disassembled Loveless throughout its back two-thirds and played with the pieces. The question then is where does one go from there? Maybe settling on a direction evocative of something like In Another Way or Wonder 2? The complete opposite and something like New You? I honestly don't know what to expect. Shields did say something about mbv exploring more ambiguous song structures, maybe they'll push that idea even further. Who knows?

I would like more fast paced songs like on Isn't Anything
My main problem with most of modern shoegaze is that its just overindulging in effects and trying to build "soundscapes" with long droning notes
Where is all the catchy and visceral stuff?

>youtube.com/watch?v=dwI3QLvrhjU
>youtube.com/watch?v=H8uIfLIWflI
>youtube.com/watch?v=s6I3JGzJAdM

>this
Songs like feed me with your kiss and you made me realize is all I want.

Hopefully he continues to experiment. Slowdive made generic indie pop music that sounds like a coldplay cover band. Also I hope mbv's next album isnt too commercial.

ppl actually believe the album will actually come out next year?
He hasnt even finished mixing it, it took him 6+ years just to remaster "isnt anything", he will probably finish mastering this one by 2025

i think the first two tracks and track seven are fantastic

track 3 is like an mbv b-side

the middle stretch and the instrumental are pretty meh

>In some respects, some of it is a bit straightforward. The MBV album that we did in 2013 feels more meandery and not as concise. This one is like if somebody took that and dropped some acid on it or created a dimensional clash or something. It’s more all over the place. It could turn out to be only five tracks. I hope not, but I don’t want it to be a double album and I don’t want it to be really long.

>And the MBV record was a bit like the end of something. It had a sense of nostalgia and yet it moved somewhere, and it had a sense of impendingness and looseness at the end. It's about death and change and what's happening in the world, as I perceived it in the late Nineties, and nostalgia is part of that. There's an attraction toward niceness and warmth but the change is cold and a bit hard, and now the world is perfectly in sync. The record I am making now is not so much about death and change as freedom of the soul.

I don't know why you want baseless speculation from Sup Forums when Kevin himself has been talking about the album recently

>I don't know why you want baseless speculation from Sup Forums when Kevin himself has been talking about the album recently
Whe're talking about someone that announced a follow up to Loveless and a "jungle" album coming out "next year" from 1992 to 1996. He did the same with the CD remasters and MBV was supposed to come out right after (like months) after those reissues.
When he was promoting the reunion tour he admited he barely finished 1/2 track of that "jungle album coming out next year" in 1995.

Dude is a musical genius, but he always done this kind of thing, dont know if he's a compusive liar or just mildly insane

he booked a tour already for the summer
he did that specifically so that he has to finish the album before that

I wouldnt mind if the new album was more straight forward, catchy rock drowned in reverb. That is what isn't anything was essentially.

He did the same for MBV m8, and that was around 2009
I really hope we really get a new album next year, but I wouldnt hold my breath

another reason to believe that it is actually coming out next year is that he said he wants to do everything more conventionally now
he doesnt want to self-release the album like last time which is why they made an instagram account and are more active on fb/twitter now
im pretty confident that it will be out by next summer

If this user is right it might be possible. I have my fingers crossed, but if they still need to mix and master as he stated I really doubt it will be out by next summer.
There's actually a chance that he already finished it some time ago and he just wants to keep expectations low. If it turns out to be Isnt Anything 2.0 I'll be happy, but mixing and mastering is usually the longest and more tedious part of making an album, also the most important, so who knows. Recording can literally take 2 days, the rest is the hard part
Source: I work on a professional studio

The jungle-y stuff he was working on post-Loveless obviously became Wonder 2 on mbv, you fucking dolts.

it's okay. above average new shoegaze.

I would really like to hear a new jangle-pop EP/mini-album.

These.

Hi Bayar!

It's really good though.

Eno won't be on the album. Kevin HAS to produce his music for him to even accept it as MBV.