Is there a less impactful person in sports than an NBA head coach?

Is there a less impactful person in sports than an NBA head coach?

punters

>mark jackson coaches the warriors and it's a mediocre team
>kerr coaches the warriors and they win the championship
yeah, totally not impactful

>le mouthbreathing Lebron yes man

>when you hire your idiot friend to coach your team

No way.

Punters are a big deal. Important position.

Mauricio Pochettino.

low skill ceiling
low variance
low impact

nah

Yeah, but Mark Jackson is a literal fraud.

Kerr/Walton/Brown is a more apt comparison.

No way man. A punter who can pin back teams is a big deal.

didn't tyronn lue fuck his sister

Kerr should get credit for putting a great system in place but the Warriors can win with a cardboard cutout at head coach at this point.

Soccer coach

post tyrone's sister

true management greatness is measured in how your team performs in your absence.
t. every corporate management "guru" shilling their "seminar"

>Is there a less impactful person in sports than an NBA head coach?

look at the late 90's lakers. Shaq+Kobe, one of the most talented teams in the league, and they got WHUPPED by the Jazz over and over again in the playoffs. The prevailing story in those series was the Jazz were a well coached team with lesser talent playing against a squad of "hero ballers" who played uncoached undisciplined bball (it was true)

Get Phil Jackson -> instantly win 3 straight nba championships. Probably would have won more had kobe not been a dick and chased shaq out of town.

Do you really think the Spurs would be so good year in and year out without Popovich?

Wrong

This.

I think punters are only a big deal when they suck.

Much like holders.

Billy Donovan and Fred Hoiberg are worse

>the pop meme
More like RC Buford

wrong

Brad Stevens took a 5'9 manlet surrounded by literal whos and took them to the #1 seed and game 5 of the ECF

What does a Soccer head coach do?

>Substitutes 2 players a game
>"Kick the ball this way, not that way"

Lad.. They do the same thing a defense and offensive coach does in NFL - plan every 'play' and make sure the overpaid dumbfucks execute it properly. I.e everything

i think baseball managers might be less statistically impactful

N.b there is no real equivalent between nfl plays and football/soccer tactics, as the sports flow differently, but the principle remains valid. Bpth NFL and Soccer head coaches control how the entire team plays

>"Kick the ball this way, not that way"

In a sport where kicking the ball is the point, thats kind of a big deal.

Now look at him noww that he's at a shittier organization.

I reckon a sport like basketball or cricket where amazing individual talent is so important, a coach isn't as impactful as the people who pick the talent to bring into an organization, GMs and the like. In these sports you see teams where guys like lelbron can come in and literally make a shitty team a finals lock. That wouldn't happen in soccer or football. You can't put Brady or Brees or MeMe Watt on the Browns and expect to even make the finals, but get Belichick in and give him the power he has at the Pats in terms of coaching/recruitment, they might have a chance.

That being said there's no harm in having a great coach in basketball, if only to manage all those egos and implement a system to make it easier for a great players.

>he underestimates the importance of special teams

Otto can't into football, shocker

LOL

It is useless. Just let the players coach themselves.

why do they spend millions a year on them? why not give you the job for 100k?

Not everyone in the league is LeBron James or Steph Curry, most basketball players are morons and couldn't set up a play by themselves that wasn't a pick and roll

soccer goaly. they dont need to be there. if it is a bad shot its not going in anyways, or another place will be able to block it. if its a great shot theres nothing they can do about it. they literally get paid just to throw the ball back in a few times a game

out of the 4 major american sports, basketball managers are probably the least important. baseball and football being the most important

They can't always help very much but they can definitely hurt a team, which i'd define as "impactful." Pic very related.

>baseball the most important

Fucking please, i love baseball but the managers just sit there chewing sunflower seeds all fucking game. Basketball coaches at least pace the sideline following every play, keep the bench motivated, call strategic timeouts and draw up plays.

Divegrass """"coach""""".

You obviously know nothing about sports lmao. Field position is huge in football.

Retarded yuropoors actually believe this. Download a leaked NFL playbook (google it). I'd love to see the intricate strategies drawn up by a povertyball coach.

By the way, this is not up for debate. If you believe that divegrass is even remotely as strategic as football, you are a pleb. Fullstop.

United Arabistan, you aren't making any sense. How can a soccer coach "plan" every play?

Rowing coxswain

Soccer coach. They do nothing. There's a handful of different styles of play in divegrass and which one you chose is determined by your team talent.

this

Is he though?

Let's see....a conservative Christian gets fired by Golden State and is subsequently slandered in the press.

Hmmm.....

what does that have to do with anything? i fucked my own sister and i am pretty good at what i do (assistant professor at college)

Gonzalo Higuain

wrong

This, I don't understand why soccer teams are constantly firing managers. Leicester city fired their managers after he won the damn league. Can some Eurobro explain this?

He was total shit the next season for some reason. New guy was the old assistant in the good season and he's been doing great

Wew, I'm disappointed Kraut

Byron scott

Broncos beat the Pats two years ago because of their punter

>kerr coaches the warriors and they win all the games
>walton coaches the warriors and they win all the games
>brown coaches the warriors and they win all the games
really activated my almonds