What am I in for? Does it ever get preachy or turn into some BLM propaganda shit

What am I in for? Does it ever get preachy or turn into some BLM propaganda shit

Really preachy

Treats black criminals like noble philosophers

Watch it, form your own opinion.

Prop Joe >>>>> Bunk >> Omar >>McNulty>Bodie>Poot>String>Avon>power gap>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Brother Mudslime

Nope, 2nd best show of all time. It's probably the most realistic and best depiction of inner Baltimore life you'll ever see. Not once is it ever preachy or portrays white cops as all pure evil and all the black guys are victims

I've watched the first season like three times. 2 or 3 episodes deep into season two I always lose interest.

Look up The Wire chess scene on youtube and it will confirm all of your suspicions.

>most realistic and best depiction of inner Baltimore life
Why is that anything that anyone needs to experience?

fuck off D you were killed off in a dumb way because the writers hated you

>.gif

I'm watching the 1st season of The Wire and I just got done watching the episode where DeAngelo teaches the younger kids chess. I was blown away! I had to watch it a couple times to really pick up on it, but did you guys realize that when he was teaching them about the chess pieces, he was really referring to THEM being the pawns! What an amazing metaphor!

It was so deep and meaningful, I am amazed by the deep symbolism of this.

Do the later seasons continue on with masterful symbolism like this? This was truly the pinnacle of storytelling that I have ever seen on a television show, and I think I can confidently say The Wire is the best show ever made without even having seen the entire series.

Also the acting is amazing. Idris Elba and Dominic West do a great job with their Baltimore accents.

>BLM propaganda

The Wire isnt for you kiddo. It reflects realism in the Baltimore projects. Might offend your delicate worldview of BBC and "niggers".

Try harder

I will never let any American talk shit about my country ever again after watching this. The amount of degenerate human garbage that exists in American inner cities is quite literally Africa-tier

Omar get killed by a kid.

I've never seem a convincing rebuttal to that post because the satire is absolutely spot on. The Wire is blown the fuck out by that post to such a degree that no one with their eyes open could ever take it seriously again.

Do you even understand that satire is not an argument?

I've worked in both Los Angeles and Lagos, Nigeria. The US is below Africa-tier.

It's not a deep metaphor or symbolism and if you take it as such it just shows how stupid you are. It's literally spelled out, them negros are stupid, that's it.

This.

Ive worked in Mexico and in the US.

Id rather live in Mexico.

The South is worse.

Literally just looked this up.

>nigger trying to lift up his peers by teaching them a better game
Oh, this is heartwar-
>YO YOU SEE DIS PIECE? HE WUZ KANGZ LIKE US. DA REST IZ PAWNS, YA FEEL ME?
Dropped.

Having to refute satire

>satire can't be biting criticism

Can confirm. I grew up in FL and worked in West Africa for 5 years. Miami is probably the worst place on Earth.

>Avon worse than string or poot

no man avon was a pretty cool guy

It can be, and in the case of The Wire chess copypasta it's the only one you will ever need. It's a completely onpoint humiliation of both this show and David Simon at large.

PANDEMIC, I GOT THAT PANDEMIC

but this isn't meant to be super deep or anything. it's supposed to be obvious.

It's critiquing a single scene that pretty much everyone agrees is on the nose. Doesn't make the whole show garbage.

Why are you here?

no, there is never any BLM propaganda shit. there are some shitty cops that abuse people but they're just shitty people.

it's unironically my favorite series of all time. heads up, season 1 is great but season 2 is a little different and will take more time to get into.

To attack those who support media that is fraudulent, degenerate or anti-artistic.

but that isn't meant to be responded to, it's super obvious and everything, it's supposed to be pasta

fucking newfags

>it's satire, so it can't be a relevant criticism

What did he mean by this?

Then youre in the wrong place friendo.

where the FUCK is slim charles

You can't dismiss the sentiment out of hand simply because it is copy pasted. Especially not when you have no actual defense against it. The reason it gets reposted is that it is a well written takedown of the show that cuts right to the heart of why The Wire is a joke.

Yeah I feel you

Worked in NYC and Liberia

Liberia was much more calmer and cleaner

So why is US such a shithole?

>I don't have an argument, but I disagree, so go away please

>defense against satire, which draws entirely on political sentiments, instead of artistic ones

This is the Sup Forums version of the GG&S image which "magically disproves" Diamond.

Sup Forums is my board. I have been here almost every day for a decade and I will be here for the rest of my life. I know Sup Forums is a convenient place for you to file away every person who you disagree with though.

Just because you are interested in talking about film and television doesn't mean you need to enjoy it.

>aks him why hes here
>"To attack those who support media that is fraudulent, degenerate or anti-artistic."

Thats not an argument m8, thats a statement on intent. I was simply helping out a lost soul find it's berth.

>which draws entirely on political sentiments, instead of artistic ones
Yeah, it's not as though The Wire is an overtly political show of anything. And I think pointing out the hamfisted nature of the writing counts as criticism on an artistic level.

I dont know whether to laugh, or cry at you...

Thats really sad.

WMD here WMD got dat dubya emm DEE here

>it's even a social commentary

How about you formulate a defense against the chess scene copypasta.

>The Wire is an overtly political show

Let me guess, If I simply say "no it isnt", you will again make the allegation of no counter argument, despite you not having made an argument at all.

Has your mommy not told you its bed time yet?

>I have been here almost every day for a decade
>I can talk shit about posters from other boards

What did he mean by this?

>refuting satire

They're playing checkers on a chess set is the metaphor for the audience, him explaining it dumbly and them not getting it is just character development.

You think The Wire is purely meant as a work of entertainment and not primarily intended as a commentary on US institutions?

Skip season 1 through 3
No just watch Sopranos instead actually the wire is boring and depressing

Point out why the satire is not accurate.

>commentary on US institutions

Make up your mind.

Is it an "overtly political show", or is it a "commentary on US institutions"?

Im getting bored. Your really dont know how to make a point.

Satire is entertainment.

Wait I forgot I'm explaining to dumb niggers... chess is a reactionary game not a strategic game, and those corner boys are not thinking. The character development shows DeAngelo beginning to think about his actions yet being unable to effect anything around him.

*fuck, meant checkers*

Functioning primarily as a commentary on US institutions makes the show overtly political in nature. This is pretty basic stuff.

The overarching theme of each season is about institutions failing the public. It's really a character study just like Treme, it's about how people react amidst the failing institutions.

Not at all m8.

WestWing is a political show.

You can move the goalposts all you want. You have already talked yourself into a tight little corner.

Im officially bored. Arguing with cretins isnt as rewarding as it is anymore.

Good night.

I suggest you read the sticky in the Sup Forums catalog.

Especially the part labelled "logical fallacies".

That board would be much more engaging, if anyone bothered to actually read it.

>WestWing is a political show.
As is The Wire. What do you think it means for a show to be political? It doesn't necesarily mean that it has to follow literal politicians, and even if you did think that, the Wire has entire plotlines about literal politicians.