REBOOT

What director could actually do this justice?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pomv6LpvPSo
youtube.com/watch?v=g01ud9TUtIk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>mfw never seen this movie
>mfw only know the girl as the atheist troll on Sup Forums

>doesn't post his face

Every director would fuck it up, but I want to see Zack Snyder try and do it because it would be fucking amaaazzzzing to see the collossal shit show that would happen

How about Spike Jonze?

Nolan

Tim Birton

Fuck you.

Spielberg

this movie unsettles me more than any horror movie.

i can't explain the feeling it gives, it's a deep reaction yet i can't put my finger on it. anybody else know what i mean?

I would assume it's because the horse actually died in the swamp scene.

Doesn't matter who you want to direct it, what you'll get is a tag team of Michael Bay and J.J. Abrams.

Werner Herzog

What if the Whedon came out of retirement?

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONCHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILD

Pixar should do the whole book animated, but only if they promise to keep the tiddies in

Maybe that guy Wolfgang Petersen.

There isn't a man alive. Fantasy movies nowadays have to have armies and wars because they're still trying to replicate Lord of the rings' success. "The Nothing" would be a dude, with an army of cgi shadow minions, and they would fight against the good guy army led by the Princess, who earns her name on the battlefield instead of being given one by Sebastian.
Falcor would be a cgi skyrim dragon voiced by Johnny Depp instead of a dog looking thing so it's cool, and not dumb nerd shit for kids.

Also it would be split into a trilogy and lots of filler bullshit would be added.

How many kids PTSD'd from that asshole?
>and the horsey dies

del Toro

Maybe Gilliam as a weird dark horse kinda pick.

>Gilliam
Holy shit that's it. Parnassus was weird as fuck but I could dig NES in that style.

I want to see Guy Ritchie's Neverending Story

none.

the original is a 10/10.

>entire movie would be humans in front of a bluescreened CGI background, with CGI characters

youtube.com/watch?v=pomv6LpvPSo

Whedon knows what he is doing, so they won't give the job to him.

youtube.com/watch?v=g01ud9TUtIk

The sequel was pretty trippy too.

Man I really miss crazy ass fantasy adventure 80's movies with practical effects.

I still have this on dvd somewhere. I'm not even Canadian.

>jason statham riding a muscle car through a swampy forest
>gets stuck
>BOLLOCKS

There is also a third.

I'm old enough that this movie came out when I was the right age for it. And I loved fantasy movies. But this movie sucked, I was insulted by it when I was 8. It's like the Goonies, nostalgia for something that was never good in the first place.

And live action series, and a cartoon series.

The swamp scene was really dreamlike and felt disconnected with the rest of the movie. I don't know what it was, but it felt as if it didn't really belong.