Seen some others say this but ill ask too

Seen some others say this but ill ask too.
Whats wrong with me lately. For the last almost year now I have had no motivation to do anything actually productive besides the bare minimum to get by. I do not even watch anime anymore. I have not talked to anyone almost at all. And I just eat, smoke, and sleep. Everything genuinely is no longer pleasing or fun and I always feel tired, even after many hours of sleep for weeks on end. And for a large part of the time I read things with one eye because when I am tired I go cross-eyed and my dominant eye takes over, and it is in fact what I am doing right now as I write this. I of course do think about suicide a lot, but realize it is too painful and not likely ideal, albeit its very tempting at times. Not an edgy anhero post or anything, I am actually wondering if anyone recognizes this sort of behavior and has dealt with it.

Attached: thimgh.jpg (250x156, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=aMcjxSThD54
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

dude you need to go outside and force yourself to take a jog, or go to the gym and exercise. I'm pretty sure u are feeling this fatigue due to lack of movement if you sit in front of a computer all day. Either do that, or force yourself to go out with your friends and do some dumb adrenaline inducing shit. You could also have some illness you should go to a doctor if exercising doesn't work

Basically no friends so cant really go somewhere with someone, I did try to walk around my area for a few hours to clear my head, but only got even more board and tired. Im extremely unfit as you can assume.

It's called depression OP. Go talk to a therapist or something.

Like no joke, that's all textbook depression. If you're unwilling to try antidepressants, then try talk-only therapy. If you're unwilling to do either, then force yourself to exercise and work on some general self improvement.

yea, I can relate.
it's called crippling depression.
the only thing that will get you out of it is forcing yourself to set a long-term goal, figure out what the short term steps to it are, and kick your own ass to achieve these steps.

be it family, a career, or activism for any kind of ideal you want to pursue.
if you don't do this, you will just get fat(ter), become less healthy and actually commit suicide or die from an heart-attack one day anyways.

For me it's working with children and teens, so I forced myself to do some traineeships, before acknowlidinging that I'm ready for an education in that direction, which will yield me a license in this field one day, which I'll use to get employed either by a city as streetworker, a orphanage or youth-club.
Since that field is overrun by women, achieving my secondary goal of setting up a family is achievable, too, and the nature of such work greatly improved my physical health already, and will continue to do so in the future.

Same boat here. I think it's depression. I have zero motivation. I want to work but I can't handle filling out an online application let alone write a resume!

This guy is right. It might sound goofy but either try going for a walk or yoga. Find some music you like and go walk or stretch or do yoga. It really does help you. I was the exact same way for a long time. I think it's just because you reached a point we're you don't have to work hard to survive. It goes against nature. If everything is easy then nothing is rewarding. Try it, what do you have to lose? An hour of your time that you would other wise spend doing nothing?

I recommend the both of you to seek therapeutic help. Along the line, therapists will recommend you to fill a form to order a social worker, who'll come into your life and pick you up. They are great external motivators, setting you in motion artificially, until your inner motivation grows to a point where you pick up your lives on your own again.

Rebuilding / building up your social circle is a great way to get a grip on life again, too. You don't even need to be that extroverted, just visiting help-groups for depression might be a great foundation to get in contact with people who'll be understanding and can relate to your situation.
In case you broke them, rebuilding the bridges to your families will be a good idea, too.

No animals were injured during the manufacture of this product.

oh shit its that thing i always joked about, ironic as fuck. My goal was to visit japan for a couple of months but i decided against it since i have no one to go with and was likely going to be the place i end up killing myself.

Sony(tm) China

I'm so confused about what I should do with my time. It's all so overwhelming.
I wanna do great things but I don't know how to go about it. If I start working on one thing another part of my life starts falling apart I can't hold it all together.

recognizing that you have an issue is just the first step, albeit an important one.
now do this:

Bump for any books that could help in a better path

Bump

Meditations by Marcus Aurelius

But don't rely on self-help literature. 99% of it is utter bullshit that exists just to take money from people like you.

Exercise
Socialization
Talk therapy
Medication

In that order.

Awaken the Giant Within (cheesy but a fun read)
7 Habits of Highly Successful people or something - Covey

and I think that fella Jordan Peterson has a book out called, 12 steps

all good reads, covey's is the most well rounded, but it's a bit long, audio book is how I got through it, petersons book is just delightful

Attached: cat massage.gif (315x344, 2M)

While I agree that self help fills the secular void and it's mostly a cash grab, some of it really makes you think. Just cuz it's a cash grab doesn't mean there isn't something of value in the hundreds of pages of text. There is effort in those books after all

I had the same.

Don't try taking snake oil or reading dumb shit made by healthy people, it doesn't work.

Try :
- magnesium
- sunlight, whenever you can
- sleeping more
- melatonin
- eat less

As for the mindset, we all die too soon without making anything great, that's the way it is.

There is no point in fighting that. Maybe what you are doing is enough and is your perfect life. Don't judge yourself too hard if you feel healthy.

If you feel there is something wrong, ask someone to figure it out for you. You can't fix yourself by yourself.

Yes but people think those books will turn their lives around, and they really won't. OP still needs to do those things I mentioned regardless of what they read. Someone who's emotionally paralyzed and apathetic won't change their with a book... They read it, pat themselves on the back, maybe feel a little better for a week or so, then go back to being depressed.

You might wanna go to the doc and get your bloodwork done. You may have a simple thyroid issue or something that pharma can fix up real fast.

a lot of the advice found in this thread, is actually also in those books

exercise, diet, setting long term goals...

so it CAN act like a guide. Loosely followed could help, shouldn't be excluded since OP doesn't have the luxury of rejecting options, the more the better IMO

Attached: dave questions buddy.png (622x1381, 1.27M)

Any books that an user has read thats truly turned their life around?

Stop eating carbs & sugar. Go for walks until you develop a bit of motivation to exercise for real.

Highly recommend starting to watch Jordan Peterson videos. And his book is great, too.

Yup, a single Sup Forums thread can replace much of those. Those books are shit.

This is Jordan Peterson:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=aMcjxSThD54

Exactly, OP has already been given the worthwhile advice that's found in those books. Now OP needs to act on that advice rather than reading about it over and over.