Just finished S3. E4 and E6 redeemed a nearly unforgivably terrible season

Just finished S3. E4 and E6 redeemed a nearly unforgivably terrible season.

Rate 'em.

S1E1 "The National Anthem" 4/5
S1E2 "Fifteen Million Merits" 5/5
S1E3 "The Entire History of You" 3/5

S2E1 "Be Right Back" 3/5
S2E2 "White Bear" 3/5
S2E3 "The Waldo Moment" 2/5
S2E4 "White Christmas" 4/5

S3E1 "Nosedive" 1/5
S3E2 "Playtest" 2/5
S3E3 "Shut Up and Dance" 1/5
S3E4 "San Junipero" 5/5
S3E5 "Men Against Fire" 2/5
S3E6 "Hated in the Nation" 5/5

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-34592186
snarfus08.ytmnd.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

C'mon, no one wants to have a late night circlejerk?

>san junipero
>5/5

reddit is that way bub

it's shit and ur a faget

don't you mean

>"The Entire History of You" 3/5
>"Shut Up and Dance" 1/5
>"Hated in the Nation" 5/5

shit taste general?

I refuse to believe anyone has liked or will ever like Shut Up and Dance.

> Oh? What's that? You like ________?
> Bet you wouldn't like it if ________ controlled every aspect of your life!!

Fill in the blanks to write your very own episode of Black Mirror, a modern miracle of speculative fiction!

White bear is 5/5

>S1E2 "Fifteen Million Merits" 5/5
my nigga

u cant do that with San Junipero

Whats there not to like? Its one of the best

>S1E1 "The National Anthem" 3/5
>S1E2 "Fifteen Million Merits" 4/5
>S1E3 "The Entire History of You" 5/5
>S2E1 "Be Right Back" 4/5
>S2E2 "White Bear" 1/5
>S2E3 "The Waldo Moment" 1/5
>S2E4 "White Christmas" 4/5
>S3E1 "Nosedive" 2/5
>S3E2 "Playtest" 3/5
>S3E3 "Shut Up and Dance" 5/5
>S3E4 "San Junipero" 4/5
>S3E5 "Men Against Fire" 3/5
>S3E6 "Hated in the Nation" 4/5

Tru. I actually just finished that episode. Kind of stood out for breaking the formula. Favorite of the series so far.

Although opening the episode with "Heaven is a Place On Earth" was a bit, uhh, heavy-handed with the foreshadowing.

The episodes where it diverges from that are the best. The episodes that stick closely to that are the worst.

>shaky premise
>terrible acting
>boring subject matter
>about as subtle as a chainsaw
>ending was obvious

Even the best episodes are far from perfect, but that was almost unwatchable. I paused it in the middle and had to force myself to finish it.

S1E1 "The National Anthem" 3/5
S1E2 "Fifteen Million Merits" 2/5
S1E3 "The Entire History of You" 4/5

S2E1 "Be Right Back" 5/5
S2E2 "White Bear" 3/5
S2E3 "The Waldo Moment" 1/5
S2E4 "White Christmas" 5/5

S3E1 "Nosedive" first half 4/5 second half 1/5
S3E2 "Playtest" 2/5
S3E3 "Shut Up and Dance" 4/5
S3E4 "San Junipero" 5/5
S3E6 "Hated in the Nation" 3/5

I liked it, but you have to judge it on a different metric than the other ones. That episode is more like a Black Mirror version of an action movie like Crank. It's plot is bare bones and doesn't really have a moral and is only Black Mirrorish because of the use of impersonal technology. It's different, but for dumb action it was pretty entertaining.

As opposed to Nosedive, which did have a moral but it was super weak and had no impact, so it's in the same category as all the other episodes but does the same thing worse.

>S1E3 "The Entire History of You" 3/5

come the fuck on senpai

also the bee episode was fucking trash it's not a 5/5

>As opposed to Nosedive, which did have a moral but it was super weak and had no impact, so it's in the same category as all the other episodes but does the same thing worse.

The saccharine, Lynchian falseness of Nosedive when it's establishing its world disturbed me more than anything I've seen in a long time. Unfortunately, it proceeds to throw all that in all in trash once she's on the road and especially during the ending with its whole "ooo, this is all bullshit, be yo'self, grrrrrl" shtick.

"Men Against Fire" was 4/5
"Hated in the Nation" was 3/5 tops, personally I would rate it 1/5.

You have really fucking terrible taste don't you.

We more or less agree with S1 and S2 and though I think you rated Nosedive and Shut Up and Dance way too low, you're probably one of the few people on here that I agree with that San Junipero and Hated were the best episodes of the season.

it gets 5 points for the hot black girl that's exactly my type

S1E2 "Fifteen Million Merits" 3/5
S1E3 "The Entire History of You" 5/5

S2E1 "Be Right Back" 1/5
S2E2 "White Bear" 2/5

S3E1 "Nosedive" 1/5
S3E2 "Playtest" 4/5
S3E3 "Shut Up and Dance" 3/5
S3E4 "San Junipero" 4/5
S3E6 "Hated in the Nation" 5/5

Kelly MacDonald a cute.
CUTE

Your type is octogenarian?

San Junipero fucking stinks. Why the fuck should I care about two dykes?

'cause they're cute.
CUTE

S1E1 "The National Anthem" 8/10
S1E2 "Fifteen Million Merits" 6/10
S1E3 "The Entire History of You" 8/10

S2E1 "Be Right Back" 6/10
S2E2 "White Bear" 2/10
S2E3 "The Waldo Moment" 1/10
S2E4 "White Christmas" 9/10

S3E1 "Nosedive" 2/10
S3E2 "Playtest" 6/10
S3E3 "Shut Up and Dance" 7/10
S3E4 "San Junipero" 5/10
S3E5 "Men Against Fire" 2/10
S3E6 "Hated in the Nation" 1/10

This season was fucking terrible though

It's a pretty sweet story but it didn't really feel like a Black Mirror episode short of "look at this technology."

>S3E1 "Nosedive" 1/5

How to spot a redditor mad as fuck about the 'good boy points' episode, KEK.

Like it or not Season 3 was the CUTE season.

I just started watching this season too, I honestly didn't know it existed.

I logged into netflix for the first time in months and watched a few of the new episodes, happy to see the thread.

>Nosedive
Fucking retarded. It's like the writer saw that news story from China about credit scores being tied to your friends and political beliefs and blew it up to a retarded, logically inconsistent extent. Bonus points for BTFOing roastie social-media culture.

>Playtest
Great concept but it didn't go far enough. the retarded shit with the spiders and the bully completely undermined the psychological aspect. Also, the ending should've been a positive one. It's so dumb to play up the "evil corporation" trope, only to subvert it, only to reveal NO JK THEY REALLY ARE EVIL XD.

>Men Against Fire
"DUDE, FUCK, THE MILITARY IS BAD AND TECHNOLOGY COULD TOTALLY FACILITATE ANOTHER HOLOCAUST XD" Written by Shylock Golberg, Directed by Israel Klein

Why did the show go to shit?

Guess that confirms they're cute.

I was the same opinion. Watch 4 and 6, they help.

S1E1 "The National Anthem" 2/5
S1E2 "Fifteen Million Merits" 5/5
S1E3 "The Entire History of You" 5/5

S2E1 "Be Right Back" 4/5
S2E2 "White Bear" 3/5

S3E1 "Nosedive" 3/5
S3E2 "Playtest" 3/5
S3E4 "San Junipero" 6/5
S3E6 "Hated in the Nation" 3/5

I laughed so hard during "Hated in the Nation". Are you fucking kidding me? Attack of the nano-bees? The episode honestly tarnished my opinion towards the entire series. It's the shit-apple that spoils the whole bunch, Randy.

Except Hated in the Nation is actually the best episode.

99% agreed by the s3 rating ... except i didn't saw e6 yet, and because of the intarracial agenda -0.5 from e4 (and every other episode which has that)

s2e4 should be higher tho 4.5/5

Same here. Like, I even could've dealt with it if they'd actually looked less like bees. Like, micro-drones controlled by an AI, fine, but silly little robobees I could not handle.

the pedos and edgy bastards here love it. retards

it was good. le trollface xD

lolno
what about the other inmates? they punish 1 bastard over and over again? thats like they executed her that amount of time, it's more immoral than the crime she has done.

Thanks to the user who said Inside No 9 is much better than Black Mirror.

You were 100% right.

>it's more immoral than the crime she has done

Hmmm...

I disagree greatly with Sup Forums on the newest season.

The bee episode was fine. I don't see the problems everyone else mentions. I thought it was an interesting thriller with only 2 weaknesses
>that one chick knew WAY too much and should have been suspicious
>ending was kinda bumpy
I have no problem with AI-driven bees. Why should I? Drones exist and making bees might really occur. Some of the technical stuff is bs though (finds the pain receptors? Sure... right)

The 5th episode about war was pretty cool too. My initial idea about the reveal was subverted and its turned out to bring up some good ideas about the nature of man in war and also ethical questions about genocide. Don't understand the hate. Some people admit they dont' like it because there was a similar episode in Outer Limits

The lesbian episode is fine but it's a bad Black Mirror episode as its just normal happy sci fi. It's good but too much wishywashy "I'll stay. no i won't" repeated 3 times.

Nosedive is cringe but the truck driver was cool. The ending monologue at the wedding was bad and should have been fixed.

The pedo episode, the favorite of Sup Forums, was totally average. Anyone who was on Sup Forums 7 or more years ago shoudl have already been used to this kinda of raid type shit. It's not BAD, but a 4channer should have been bored.

The VR episode was alright but too many ending fakeouts which are too stereotypically. LUCKILY the final ending was okay.

Indeed, just finished watching both series and really enjoyed it

>Fucking retarded. It's like the writer saw that news story from China about credit scores being tied to your friends and political beliefs and blew it up to a retarded, logically inconsistent extent. Bonus points for BTFOing roastie social-media culture.
its not retarded, the story predates modem technology.
>NO JK THEY REALLY ARE EVIL
how are they evil?
>"DUDE, FUCK, THE MILITARY
the deliver was good

You call that thing cute? Are you fucking blind?

fuck off, twitter police. "never be mean on the internet or it may come true and/or someone will punish you for your careless comments" kys

>Drones exist and making bees might really occur.
There will be no bees, because laws of physics don't allow for it. I did not mind the bees because they are just a tool for the story, it may as well have been mail delivered anthrax, bees are not the point.
>truck driver was cool
not really

>missing the point

What was the point?

Yea, but Sup Forums is crying about the bees this entire threads and all previous threads.

The truck driver was based. She gave on the utter bs of social media in a world DEVOTED to it. That's pretty cool.

>its not retarded, the story predates modem technology.
Nah, it's clearly based on these stories: bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-34592186

>how are they evil?
Their product still killed him and they had an internal team to deal with his death.

S1E2 "Fifteen Million Merits" 3/5
S1E3 "The Entire History of You" 4/5

S2E1 "Be Right Back" 2/5
S2E2 "White Bear" 3/5

S3E1 "Nosedive" 3/5
S3E2 "Playtest" 3/5
S3E4 "San Junipero" 2/5
S3E5 "Men Against Fire" 3/5
S3E6 "Hated in the Nation" 4/5

"White Christmas" was the goat, "Playtest" could've been really fucking cool but was poorly executed imo, and "The Waldo Moment" was pure cringe

Looks cute to me. Your Mass implants malfunctioning, soldier?

I've already posted in this thread a lot, but I want to talk about something else: Nosedive is just conceptually stupid and poorly thought out.

>No consideration of trolls just mass down-voting people
>Makes no sense mathematically: how could one single negative rating effect her score if she already had thousands of positive ones?
>System makes no sense considering it works like a credit score yet it's not tied to wealth in the slightest. Does that mean rich but hateable people like George Soros would be fucked because everyone would down-vote them? "You can't do [THING] because despite being a billionaire, you're only a 2.4"

>S3 anything above 0/5

First point:
Who votes for you is also part of the math. Remember how getting 5's from 5's is better than 5's from 2's?
Same theory, so if trolls just downvote everyone, their score won't mean anything. Also, probably have some sort of backup plan anyway.
Second point: No clue. it's probably based on the idea that more recent scores have bigger impact than older ones.
Third point: No. It's more like a privildge thing. So even if a CEO is mass downvoted, he still have money to deal with any problem and we can be sure that lots of people vote him well too. I'm sure more thought can be put into this point but I feel this is your strongest argument and it's more correct than wrong.

replace 'vote' with 'score'

Yeah it's clearly inspired by the Chinese story, but the premise is timeless. Actually, the social-media element was totally unnecessary. Take out the phones and the numbers and it still makes total sense, it's just about people letting social standing and class take over their lives. That's been around since literally the dawn of man.

Case in point, ever had to deal with a HOA?

>thinking a billionaire be a 2.4
>thinking a billionaire wouldn't have like seven whole fucking companies running his dystopian social media profile
>thinking it's anything but a very thin allegory for classism

>The truck driver was based. She gave on the utter bs of social media in a world DEVOTED to it. That's pretty cool.
eh. to me she felt like someone who liked using her social outcast statues to be vulgar. The main character also hit bottom and is likely to become that old lady. There is a middle ground between being obsessed and having no filter no story goes for it because its not exciting

S1E2 "Fifteen Million Merits" 4/5
S1E3 "The Entire History of You" 2/5
S2E1 "Be Right Back" 2/5

S2E2 "White Bear" 1/5
S2E3 "The Waldo Moment" 4/5

S3E1 "Nosedive" 2/5
S3E2 "Playtest" 3/5
S3E4 "San Junipero" 3/5
S3E6 "Hated in the Nation" 4/5

>it's just about people letting social standing and class take over their lives.
It had nothing to do with social standing or class. It was about "normalcy" and social-media being enforced on a massive scale. It's a critique of the culture where everyone shows of their food, their vacations, and tries to make themselves look as "normal" and happy as possible. The only story I can think of that's even remotely close is Tolstoy's "Death of Ivan Ilyich."

>thinking a billionaire be a 2.4
>thinking a billionaire wouldn't have like seven whole fucking companies running his dystopian social media profile
>thinking it's anything but a very thin allegory for classism
Again, it has nothing to do with classism. What score do you think Donald Trump would have right now? It doesn't matter how the scores are rated if you have thousands or tens of thousands of people downvoting you.

The system makes no sense either if it could be subverted by hiring a PR time.

>Their product still killed him and they had an internal team to deal with his death.
They product kills him because he tried to spy on them and left his phone on. its like going into MRA with metal and bitching when it fucks you. He signed a waver so obviously they will handle him internally to study what went wrong.

the system is a metaphor.

>Oh? What's that? You like LED flashlights?
>Bet you wouldn't like it if LED flashlights controlled every aspect of your life!
Write this episode

S3E1 "Nosedive" 1/5
>Oh? What's that? You like INSTAGRAM?
>Betcha wouldn't like it if INSTAGRAM controlled YOUR ENTIRE LIFE!!

S3E2 "Playtest" 2/5
>Oh? What's that? You like SPOOKY VIDYA?
>Betcha wouldn't like it if SPOOKY VIDYA controlled YOUR ENTIRE LIFE!!

S3E3 "Shut Up and Dance" 3/5
>Oh? What's that? You like CYBERBULLYING?
>Betcha wouldn't like it if CYBERBULLYING controlled YOUR ENTIRE LIFE!!

S3E4 "San Junipero" 5/5
>I just like Belinda Carlisle.

S3E5 "Men Against Fire" 3/5
>Oh? What's that? You like PROPAGANDA?
>Betcha wouldn't like it if PROPAGANDA controlled YOUR ENTIRE LIFE!!

I haven't seen episode 6 yet and I'm just chomping at the bit to see what's controlling my entire life now.

surprisingly on point.

> Oh? What's that? You like baked goods?
> Bet you wouldn't like it if baked goods controlled every aspect of your life!!

Future on a spaceship, the power in the ship goes out. They only have LED flashlights to be able to see. But the batteries can only last so long because they didn't use their solar recharging station prior to the blackout. They're forced to make their way to the recharging station so they can charge the flashlights so they can keep seeing. One by one the flashlights go out, and they all die.

Episode six: just replace episode 1's INSTAGRAM with twitter I guess.

That episode gave unexpected feels at the end

What? They wanted the phone off to prevent leaks, they had no idea that interference could cause a problem.

>its like going into MRA with metal and bitching when it fucks you.
No, because there was no known threat from the phone. Even the company didn't know. If that was a known threat, they'd have left all other electronics outside of the room, like her tablet for example.

>He signed a waver so obviously they will handle him internally to study what went wrong.
That's not how people dying works in modern society, user, especially when the person dying is a foreigner. There's these things called Police and embassies and they're generally pretty interested when people die in other countries.

A bad metaphor made by a simpleton.

Oh? What's that? You like kino?
Bet you wouldn't like it if kino controlled ever aspect of your life!!

Videodrome 2, when?

Working title: "Light At The End Of The Tunnel"

>Scene opens on britbong running terrified through dark alleyways
>Turns corner to find himself face-to-face with a silhouetted figure
>"Woah woah calm down protagonist, it's just me, your token black friend!"
>"Say, it's awful dark out here... You didn't forget your GOVERNMENT MANDATED LED FLASHLIGHT FOR THE GREATER GOOD, did you?"
>Protagonist nervously offers BS explanation. He just ran out of batteries or something.
>"Well you'd better get going, then. You know what the LED FLASHLIGHT GESTAPO would do if the caught you..."
>As the protagonist walks out of frame, the shot lingers on token black friend. He speaks into a walkie-talkie.
>"YEAH, HE JUST LEFT..."
>"... WITHOUT AN LED FLASHLIGHT."

why won't the Black Mirror writers return my phone calls?

what's the twist?

WHAT'S THE TWIST?

Is that if he had his flashlight he could illuminate this bedroom and see his girlfriend fucking a black guy?

The company clearly knew phones caused interference. At the end, when the medics are rushing the guy, the assistant refers to the phone and says "I was sure I turned it off" or something to that effect.

You're right that you can't actually waive killing someone in the real world, but the average viewer doesn't know that. What do you mean there's a difference between negligence and gross negligence, I thought lawyers were magic...

>What? They wanted the phone off to prevent leaks, they had no idea that interference could cause a problem.
regardless he disobeyed and got himself killed. company is not to blame for that, also they must have considered it a possibility since .it was the first thing kojima jump to.
>foreigner
he was legally employed by them. I don't think they roll out an embassy for every grunt.

Baked goods, you say?

snarfus08.ytmnd.com/

The time travelling lesbians episode was shit.

>Anyone who was on Sup Forums 7 or more years ago shoudl have already been used to this kinda of raid type shit. It's not BAD, but a 4channer should have been bored.
just stop

No. It's part of the stupid Sup Forums culture. Everyone who isn't a newfag knows about it. Saying it exists doesn't mean endorsing it.

Hold on, let me fast-forward a bit...

>Protagonist sits in dark interrogation room, his bloodied face illuminated by a small yet surprisingly-efficient LED bulb.
>BAD GOVERNMENT MAN can be heard clearing his throat, smugly.
>Protagonist tries to use his LED FLASHLIGHT to reveal his tormentor. It isn't turning on.
>"You didn't really think it would be that easy, did you? Don't you get it? I'm the GOVERNMENT! I control ALL the LED FLASHLIGHTS!"
>BAD GOVERNMENT MAN takes a seat opposite protagonist. His face is illuminated, revealing he is actually HITLER, but with like a minimalist-techno-futurist spin i guess
>"Did you really think I made you buy all those LED bulbs because I cared about the environment?"
>Shot focuses on protagonist's face as a single tear rolls down his cheek, giving the audience a moment to deal with their minds being FUCKING BLOWN.

Not pictured: Americlap character who is loud and boisterous 100% of the time, exchange of ideas with wise old mentor who rejects this dystopia of LED FLASHLIGHTS, conspicuously casual reference to a same-sex couple so we can appeal to that 18-24-year-old demographic, off-brand memes.

Not bad, but the flashlights should be something. Tracking device or something. Hitler twist is ho hum, especially since Bad Government Man is basically the same.

I really enjoyed "Shut Up and Dance" up until the very end. Bit of a one-two punch of LE TROLLFACE XD and Black Mirror's writers fundamentally not understanding how blackmail works.

I wonder if the guy who drew the comic with the troll face is still around here. Hell, I wonder if he's still alive...

Listen, I don't expect you, the painfully-average viewer, to understand the subtle nuance of storytelling.

But yes, basically, all LED flashlights have a government killswitch, an embedded tracking device, mind-controlling-pheromone dispersal, a hidden compartment to store your weed, and a secret switch that oppresses minorities.

This was the future you chose.

He's not wrong. Even down to the fucking trollface. The episode would of been far more entertaining if we were watching the guy orchestrating it, instead of the actors performing basic (for TV) actions. Seriously, a bank robbery?

It's like I'm actually watching.

>bank robbery
Agreed, I found that pretty boring and weak.

>watch the guy orchestrating it
Didn't think about that. Might have been an interesting idea.

San Jun was the only(okay maybe Nosedive a little) episode that made me think this season. The other ones were just decent thrillers.

It made me ask myself questions like "Is spending an infinite amount of time in what is essentially a computer simulation really heaven?" "At what point in would I join the degenerates at Quagmire?" "At what point would I exit this heaven, would I even go in the first place?" "If you upload your brain to a simulation, is that really you?". Add to that the drama of old and frail people near death returning to a time where they were still young and healthy and then going back to their shitty reality. And the girl being paralyzed from the neck down since the age of 21 and finally being able to do the things she could never do in real life.

How can you not like this episode, it's one of the best ones in the show.

Is there a more horrible punishment then seeing everyone as silhouettes and never being able to interact with anyone ever again?

I still think about this sometimes.

But to answer your question, there's probably exiled to an island or something. Somehow you need to enforce boredom AND isolation.

It's still horrible shit

I guess the fact that they're all just silhouettes, things you know are other humans but you can't interact with, is really chilling to me

>S1E1 "The National Anthem"
3/5
>S1E2 "Fifteen Million Merits"
5/5
>S1E3 "The Entire History of You"
4/5

>S2E1 "Be Right Back"
3/5
>S2E2 "White Bear"
1/5
>S2E3 "The Waldo Moment"
2/5
>S2E4 "White Christmas"
5/5

>S3E1 "Nosedive"
4/5
>S3E2 "Playtest"
3/5
>S3E3 "Shut Up and Dance"
2/5
>S3E4 "San Junipero"
1/5
>S3E5 "Men Against Fire"
2/5
>S3E6 "Hated in the Nation"
2/5

>people itt posting ratings nobody cares about

Yea, I just ignore them. If they made COMMENTS, i'd at least consider replying

You're quite welcome to comment, as well. Even if no one cares, it's an amusing diversion.

I like this more. fanatical devotion to an empty promise is more interesting, like solar roads

>San Junipero
>5/5
Nigger, you want to know how I know you're a troll?