Is real music dying? And not talking about the flavor of the month, but REAL music...

Is real music dying? And not talking about the flavor of the month, but REAL music, the one that manages to survive throught the decades. Everybody knows that 80% of what Sup Forums listens to is forgetable at best.

/r/music general?

>Is Real Music Dying
>AC/DC.jpeg

Use a different image, people will take you more serious next time

No such thing as "real music" or "fake music."

The internet has hurt the staying power of even the biggest acts and no one listens to the radio or MTV anymore.

Haha epic funny dying

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting, OP.

Not sure precisely how Queen and AC/DC ended up as Redditcore, but...

i know you're half memeing, but big arena rock bands are definitely dead. there's no modern (2000-present) band that can sell like the pink floyds and the ac/dcs. even solo artists cant sell like the solo artists from the 80s and 90s. part of this is probably because people are tired of getting gouged by the ticketmaster cartel.

artists playing to several hundreds and the like, however, there couldn't be more of them.

If music was as accessible as it was back then, I bet Coldplay and Imagine Dragons would've been able to get those sales

There were still bands playing arenas well into the 2000s. This decade has not been conductive to at least hard rock and metal anyway. Indie/alt bands yes, not heavy rock.

Gen Xer detected

AC/DC are bottom 5 arena rock t b h

>gets played at least once every several hours on every rock station in every major city in America for the last 30 years.
>people start to think it is actually good

>not detecting copypaste when you see it

>T.nu male with daddy issues
If you cannot see how a group like AC DC that has undoubtedly had a lasting influence over the span of decades, then your opinion is actually shit.

What constitutes as fake music

Milli Vanilli, but that's maybe a little too obvious.

if i don't like it, it's fake

I see their influence. But they still fucking suck. Aerosmith and really any other hard rock group can kick their ass. Also I love hard rock, how does acknowledging AC/DC as trash (factual) make me a nu male when in reality they're a trash band and not even a meme

Any sound that is created without the intent of being labeled as music that becomes labeled as music.
For example if you record a bunch of birds chirping while a waterfall roars in the background and make an album of it it's not real music, but if you fart into a microphone and loop that audio for 45 minutes and make an album out of that it is technically music

Birds chirping with a waterfall can be music to the individual though. If they get the same feeling from it as you do from your favorite song, who's to say what they're listening to isn't music?

Short answer: yes.

Long answer: the internet has made art a giant inescapable echo chamber. The 1980’s were the last time music took leaps forward. Leaps in everything from instrumental tech, to recording processes, to downright song structures. The 90’s were a “back to basics” era which translates to “we are out of ideas”. Everything is a riff on something else. Nothing is original. The only real progress that has been made is that the processes by which music is created have become much, much easier/more affordable. The idea of a hugely successful mainstream musical act is disappearing. You are better off to try and carve out a niche audience for whatever brand of hipster you’d like to cater to.

I see where you're going with this, but beauty is in
the eye of the beholder. This means that if every sound is considered beautiful to atleast one person, does that mean all sound is music? Just because a lot of people find something beautiful doesn't mean it's objectively beautiful

Musicians are dying but legendary music (stuff that survives through the decades), is still being made.