Can anyone tell me why the fuck FIBA is changing to a qualification system that takes place during the NBA season

Can anyone tell me why the fuck FIBA is changing to a qualification system that takes place during the NBA season

What the fuck was they thinking?

>it's an "americans think they are the centre of the universe" episode

1. We are in this sport
2. This affects every team with a NBA player

like it fucking matters. the d leaguers will still win it

This should affect every good national team tho...

Do Americans unironically think they are THAT dominant in basketball? You have just as many world cups as Yugoslavia

A couple years ago Ginobili+a bunch of Argentine league players rekt team USA with players like Iverson, Wade, LeBron, Carmelo and Duncan in it

Other countries have NBA players too...

>A couple years ago Ginobili+a bunch of Argentine league players rekt team USA with players like Iverson, Wade, LeBron, Carmelo and Duncan in it

and then coach K took over USA basketball, and the USA never lost another international game, let alone tournament

>A couple years ago
You're off by 11 years

They did once but in 06

From the top 100 players at least 90 are American, and all of them from the top 25

You should win every game, but you barely have as many world cups as Yugoslavia, a country that didn't exist for +20 years and you still didn't pass them

When watching NBA players is usually more attractive than watching national basketball, yes it is.

You realize no one really even cares about the world championship
Once I think we sent like a Christian rec group over there

>w-we d-don't care I-I swear

Until 94 we sent at best college students while you sent fully grown professionals
Where's your championships?

Our professionals weren't allowed to play until 1992, which was the dream team year

So, you started caring about international comeptitions when the USSR and Yugoslavia stopped existing? Sounds like you were scared of real competition

same reason as FIFA holds international games every now and then during the season: to give importance to the national teams and to have a "constant" stream of international events related to the FIBA during the year to "advertise" the "brand".

Of course it works with divegrass, as FIFA's power large enough to hold the clubs and leagues at bay, and FIFA can fuck the rebels quite hard.

That of course not the case with FIBA, which is a fucking dwarf compared to the NBA, hence the retardation of the decision.

don't worry, franchises will never let go their players in the middle of the season, and there's nothing the FIBA can do about it

m8, the USA never gave a single fuck about the WC. For most of the WC's history, they literally sent corporate teams or religious organisation teams, hence why they have a poor record in the tournament

the only thing they cared about was the Olympics, where they sent NCAA teams until 1988, then pro teams starting 1992. And in this case, they utterly dominated the tournaments with a 138-5 record. And 3 of thoses losses happened in 1 single tournament (2004), and 1 of those (1972) is one of the most infamous refball ever seen in history of sports, all sports included

THIS

>don't worry, franchises will never let go their players in the middle of the season, and there's nothing the FIBA can do about it
They will, for a good price

I can't be the only one thinking that FIBA wants more parity in their tournaments and is trying to reduce the American participation

NBA and ULEB already stated they won't allow their players to leave.

No our national team was just run by dickheads who valued higher ideals of amateurism over winning. We still got about as many medals as the Yugos with our college shitters from the start to 1990.

What price is that?
There isn't that much money in international basketball