Captain America: Civil War

I finally got around to watching 'Civil War' the other night and I must be missing something because I am utterly baffled by the praise heaped on this dull, shallow, hollow, stupid, incoherent, bloated fucking mess.

The great bard put it best so allow me to borrow his words: "...it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing."

I'm forced to conclude that audiences and film critics alike are composed largely of blinkered idiots.

cool story bro

Yeah, sorry excuse for a film.
People are going to assume you like DC now because this board is overrun by underage b&.

It was terrible, but at least the highway chase scene was probably the best Marvel action in years.
The airport scene is cool up until you remember S Witch and Vision are so omnipotent that the whole fight is ostensibly pointless

Reddit movie of the year

Yeah was pretty boring, people rag on Snyder but at least he cares about aesthetics and has a worldview that influences his work. The Russo bros clearly didn't care about what any of their movie meant or even if it looked good.

I FUCKING LOVED CIVIL WAR!!!

I'm getting really tired of the choreography in the Marvel movies at this point it's all punch, wire drag, hit wall, fall down, repeat. And the all the action sequences in 'civil war' were horribly shot. Jittery and shakey, cutting on every impact and the CGI characters looked terrible in several shots.

Did any one else get irritated at how many times the phrases "He's not going to stop." and "Move" were repeated by I think almost every character in the film?

Watch Nigger Cat vs Metal Arm on the roof; one throws the other and it takes 4 cuts to edit it, kek

Marvel just NEEDS their money, so characters can't die or change in anyway.

This shit is supposed to be apart of a greater longer story, but we still get these "filler" movies that does nothing interesting.

>marvel budget cut certain aspects of film that make it a film i.e. score, lighting, colour correction
>make their films story orientated
>rely on fans knowing the characters and loving them simply because they are a superhero who does good
>film comes out with a raw script because it was chopped and changed many times to include more characters i.e. ironman, spiderman
>general public go cold on it
I understand the die hard fans will love it though

>This shit is supposed to be apart of a greater longer story
That's been nothing but an illusion since the beginning. The continuity between these films is tenuous at best.

last capeshit i saw was captain america

what should I watch?

>asking which capeshit to watch on Sup Forums
you know full well which one

>Nigger Cat vs Metal Arm
Underrated

To elaborate, when I say stupid I mean that the geopolitics in this film lacks even the loosest attachment to anything like reality.

These shitty Marvel movies keep making money and keep getting high scores despite being complete shit. I have no idea how. It needs studying. They must've bribed half the critics.

eh it's either this or the superman movie

I think its more they just get a 'free pass' because they're easy entertainment. 90% of people just say yes it was OK, and then a 90% rotten tomato meter appears

You should probably watch MoS first but it's nowhere as good as the BvS Ultimate Cut.

X-Men Apocalypse

I mean, yeah, it's kind of a shitty film, but this whole post reeks of a 13 year old trying to adopt adult language.

It still boggles my mind how a legitimately good original film can have more dislikes than Marvelshit. I mean, are their senses really so dulled that they don't notice how awful these movies are? Other blockbusters get buried by critics all the time but Marvel gets a pass despite being far worse.

It's a simple formula.

>You should probably watch MoS first but it's nowhere as good as the BvS Ultimate Cut.
MoS is the only watchable movie in the DC Cinematic Universe.

>i watched cinema sins so i'm an expert
top kek

This just needs a bit more "Mr? No it's Dr!" quips and it would be perfect.

MoS skipped 90% of anything that can remotely resemble a story line and skipped to a few people smashing through buildings for 20 minutes. Don't even need to watch it.

This. A movie can be rated 6/10 from every reviewer and have a 100% RT score. RT basically encourages mediocrity.

This is why RT should just be shut down. It's so retarded in concept.

So? It's still watchable and mildly entertaining.
Not even the director's cut of BvS managed to make that low bar.

Still better than the shit Marvel produces. It's in fact impossible to go lower than Marvelshit. It actually requires effort to do a shittier job than the soulless focus-tested shit Marvel makes.

Marvel makes fun movies.

And they are successful at it.

Tbf none of the marvel movies are bad. They are safe harmless fun.

Imo mos is the best capeshit released in the last 10 years but i can see why some would disagree. Same with bvs

I can see where you're coming from, I just found it pretty boring desu. It reminded me of the same formula for the Rambo or Raid film, I just thought they did it better.

I like most capeshit in general desu. It's about nostalgia of seeing enjoyable comics on screen. They're not aiming for Oscars ffs, everyone just needs to calm down and enjoy it for what it is.

Simply put, you have a low cinematic IQ, or some sort of Stockholm Syndrome, from overexposure to bland, safe, PC and soulless mass-produced blockbusters, which has conditioned you into accepting the absolute lowest common denominator standards in filmmaking, writing and cinematography as somehow acceptable, when you should in fact feel nothing but contempt or disgust for any Kevin Feige-conceived product.

Even strictly in the field of capeshit entertainment, where the bar has always been pretty low, since they're primarly a children media, the level of genuine quality and creative abilities (which comes from studios giving freedom to an auteur with a strong personality and vision towards the material) has kept dropping since the 90's.

When Raimi's Darkman/Spider-Man, Del Toro's Blade 2/Hellboy, Burton's Batman 2 or Bird's The Incredibles offered innovative and playful set pieces, meaningful and relevant themes, each with a very distinct, appropriate tone and truly cinematic aesthetics (simply compare the lighting or editing to today's equivalents), none of these qualities are to be found in Avengers or any of the previous MCU entries. This is why Edgar Wright got fired from Ant-Man. This is why Feige keeps hiring visionless point-and-shoot directors who come from TV or comedy, colorblind cinematographers and art/set design teams who seem to be in love with grey, sterile hangars for some unexplainable reason. Action scenes are now being conceived by CGI teams months before the movie begins shooting and all follow the exact same formula.

Even as a child, I couldn't imagine being dazzled or amused by those turds, as they're utterly devoid of any charm, colors, magic or imagination.

I'd say Iron Man 1, Incredible Hulk, Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy are all better than BvS and Suicide Squad. The rest are about the same level.

See

>Iron Man 1, Incredible Hulk, Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy
HAHAHAHAHA

REDDIT CALLED THEY WANT THEIR FAGGOT BACCK

lol who cares their movies are fun and make money.

You're just a jealous DCuck

Sorry I didn't realise you were an expert in the arts. What exactly were you expecting from re-writes of comic book stories and actors dressed in spandex again?

>lol who cares
Not your two brain cells, that's for sure.

I can more or less agree.

This line of thinking is very sad because you automatically assume it's going to be stupid because of its origins. The Dark Knight proved that you can take the concept and put a gritty twist it on it while still being faithful to the source material. Ang Lee's Hulk showed that you can push the audiovisual experience to the next stage by utilizing comic-book characters. Snyder proved that these characters are relevant to a modern society that lacks faith.

It's really shame that people who defend Marvel do it simply by saying it's supposed to be dumb and safe and fun. It can be more. But you're holding the genre back. Think to yourself why Ang Lee's Hulk is so much more memorable than the Marvel version.

>while still being faithful to the source material
I like the the Dark Knight trilogy but let's not pretend it's at all faithful to the source material.

It's faithful to Batman the character. I think Nolan is the only Batman version where he doesn't kill people, right? He does it in BvS but by then he's already snapped and succumbed to cynicism.

>It's faithful to Batman the character.
Not at all.

How so?

>I think Nolan is the only Batman version where he doesn't kill people, right?
Wrong. Or did you think the machine guns on the the bat were firing rubber bullets?

I was gonna reference that CS made me notice it, but couldn't be bothered. I'm sorry user. The point still fucking stands; single cuts in The Raid 1&2 have almost as much content as entire fight scenes in most Marvel movies - Thor beating up on Loki at the end of Avenger's 1 is fucking terrible if you actually stop and see what happens, it's edited so fast you just guess what happened instead of seeing it.

Off the top of my head he flat out kills Ra's al Ghul in Begins and has abandoned the city and the cowl to mope in TDKR.

He doesn't kill Ra's in Begins. He just doesn't save him.

>lol who cares their movies are fun and make money.

Marlelcucks everyone

But thats the purpose of capeshit. Harmless money print

This is exactly why the no kill rule is retarded. If you have to go with those technicalities in order to not to break it, then it's better to not have it at all.

Stupidity is far from harmless.

Oh I bet you're the same person who thinks you need a pen and paper to watch DC movies.

They're only movies user, don't hurt your oversized brain ""thinking"" about movies

>Dark Kniggit
>good
>faithful to the source material

It's about a man dressed as a bat punching people in the face. You can go dark with it, Burton proved as much but once you go gritty, the universe starts to be inconsistent since in a gritty realistic world, THERE WOULD BE NO BATMAN.

Anyway, trying to do anything deeper with comic books is like playing Othello with sock puppets. You can but why would you. The base audience of comic books were teenage boys and the characters look it. I'm not saying the movies have to be shit, dumb or safe but when it comes to any deeper message, it shouldn't be said by anyone wearing spandex.

English isn't my first language. While I'm fluent the way I learnt the language does lead to me expressing myself in a rather formal way.

He outright guns down all of Talia's henchmen in

There's a difference between something that is so mind-numbingly stupid that you have to keep remind yourself that it's SUPPOSED to be stupid and "fun" and something that elevates these superheroes past their expected settings and stories.

You're not a baby anymore. You're not supposed to watch these kids movies as an adult.

All good superheros are metaphors. You'd be surprised to hear this because in Marlel they only represent cuckoldy and hasidic people rubbing their hands, but it's true

What's your point? The Dark Knight is still a much better film than the trash Marvel shits out by the month. Why are Marvelfags so allergic to the very idea of something new and bold? You've been fed so much of the same shit over and over again you think it's law by now.

I could care less about what you think.

Everyone else agreed Marvel movies are great and fun.

Not everyone is an edgelord like you.

>Why are Marvelfags so allergic to the very idea of something new and bold?

Because they liked Iron Man 1 so much they pay to see it twice a year with different actors.

>Everyone else agreed Marvel movies are great and fun.

lmao everyone agrees that you are a literal disney internet buttmad that Dr Cringe is making embarrasingly less than Suicide Squad on the same budget

So an edgelord is suddenly wanting more than the same, recycled shit you dumb shits eat up every year? Alright, then I'll be an "edgelord". Sounds better than a shiteater, that's for sure.

Do you remember the music of the last Marvel movie you watched?

No you didn't. Because their goal isn't to make it memorable. It's to make it bland and forgettable and as inoffensive as possible. These people aren't artists. They're businessmen. And businessmen only see numbers. The music actually reflects the entirety of MCU films. Because the music is just one example of just how forgettable and boring these Marvel movies are.

They are focus-tested. They are reshot. They are studied and tweaked over and over and over again so that it has exactly filled all the boxes of its checklist. The director doesn't direct. He does what he's told from his corporate bosses that see him as a tool, a puppet, more than an artist. This isn't film. This is just mindless trash for the brain to passively consume for an hour and half.

People say the MCU movies are fun but I can't imagine anyone having fun watching AoU or Civil War.

aaaah, so you were in THAT thread.

Damn this thread is brutal. Pretty nice that Sup Forums woke up finally.

Nolan's Batman films were great but they weren't Batman films. Bale didn't do the best job of portraying Bruce Wayne or Batman (Up until BA I'd have argued the split character was better portrayed by separate actors).
Ang Lee's Hulk was fucking dreadful at best. It dragged and went nowhere.

As for them all having to be fresh and edgy and fucking oscar-worthy each and every time, there have been shit loads of films from the sequence so far and still more to come. They need to have consistency.
It's not a matter of churning out the same shit over and over it's simply avoiding the eventual conundrum of having to blend a mesh of different films like Les Miserable, Die Hard and Interstellar into one film.

So many words and literally nothing you said of substance. Truth remains that those movies, whether you like them or not, stand triumphantly over the trash Marvel has produced the past decade. There is no question about. You can whine about it being not fun enough for you but then again you also seem to be stuck in a mindset that whatever doesn't assume you're a 7 year old is a bad thing.

If anything 'Civil War' is depressing as hell since all the supposed "heroes" are shown to be arrogant idiots who are actively detrimental to the world they inhabit. The only character in 'Civil War' I actually sympathized with was Zemo.

You are the worst kind of person.

Iron Man 1 and Capt america 1 are the only "good" movies in the current marvel universe.

>but they weren't Batman films
This is such a meme thing to say.

Have you tried not being a bloody posh cunt?
Here let me tl;dr your post:
>Muh pseudo-intelectual contrarianism!

>Everything needs to be dark and gritty!
Let me guess:
You're a young adult who really wants to appear mature.
You enjoy talking in an elitist and "superior" manner to conceal your insecurities.
You pretend others disagree with you due to their own insignificant intellect because disagreement is equivalent to a personal offence in your childish mind.
You are pleased by the shallow "depth" of silly movies like TDKR or BvS, and believe yourself to be some kind of genius for getting all that in-your-face symbolism.
Your intellectual facade crumbled when confronted with actually complex ideas and viewpoints.

Am I correct?

Thought I was the only one who thought the Same. For me superhero movies now are total garbage. Each film should be great and an experience. But they're just a set-up for the next movie until they've milked it dry. With there cringey attempt at comedy thrown in.that's probably why I like BVS more because it has some suspense and surprises, where as this and most other superhero movies don't have the balls to do anything different. They just don't feel like a movie

>I like BVS more because it has some suspense and surprises

>Watches Trailer
>Seen the film

>They just don't feel like a movie
That's because they're not. They're episodes of an absurdly overbudgeted television series transposed to the cinema.

I avoided the trailers. I do for most films

Just

Great input. Could you tell me again? Do you have time?

>Hey guys I watched the lasted capeshit and guess what? I didn't liked it! I'm so much more itelligent and different than the average movie goer. I'm glad my big guys at teevee understand me!

>Takes a genuine opinion on films
>Calls it a "meme thing to say"
>Irony af

I'm glad people can atleast point it out these days without being jumped on by the Mickey Mouse brigade.

Sorry senpai but your capeshit fucking sucks. It's the worst of the worst.

I never even said that. But my guess is that you're a cocksucker who desperately want to shill more of his Marvel diarrhea movies.

Am I correct? I know I am.

>all the triggered capefaggots ITT

the faggot upthread was correct about capeshit being for people with low iq (but he is wrong about DC being good; it's not). if you find these films acceptable in any way, you have cauterized your cinematic tastebuds to the point where consuming dog shit and rolling it around your mouth doesn't make you gag

>af

go back to r*ddit

Someone once described the first Avengers as a sports event kind of spectacle. Civil War is the logical conclusion of that since it throws out the villain and has hero teams fight against each other for audience sympathy. The airport is an empty field, an arena not part of the real world where the characters can safely compete without hurting outsiders. There's not even any moral or ideology involved, it doesn't matter what these dudes are fighting over as long as they do.

Captain America: Civil War

Greatest comic book movie ever made, or greatest movie ever made?

DELETE THIS

MARVEL MOVIES ARE FUN JUST TURN OFF YOUR BRAIN BRO

>muh faggot
hows school, sonny?

How's /lgbt/?

Not even a little. Shitty Sup Forums humor

>tfw too intelligent to turn off brain

>Snyder proved that these characters are relevant to a modern society that lacks faith.

Jesus Christ, Snyder.

Go. To. Bed.