What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z58whL2ycvg
youtube.com/watch?v=KfjSOOqiiZM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

everything from core concept to execution.

>r/Sup Forums

fuck off, reddit.

this

I think the concept I could have worked, but the writing, directing and editing were really bad.

>What went wrong?
reshoots.

Joker was a side character, Deadshot was black, Will smith just played himself yet again, only sell-able character was Harley.

>butthurt

fuck off, reddit.

>Will Smith was the only good part of this movie

kys, pleb faggot.

>>Will Smith was the only good part of this movie

Said no one ever

anyone feel the action was bland as shit? usually for superhero movies it's supposed to be the selling point, but i can't even enjoy it based on the action alone

at least BvS had decent fights

>Will Smith was the only good part of this movie

He didn't even look as if he wanted to be there.

*rubs head*
That shit will not fly here
*leans back*
No sir
*spits*
HOT DIGGITY DOG
*loses control*
I'M STILL IN CONTROL HERE
*bane'd*

ShaNegan?

Threads are infecting each other. The Shane/Punisher wasn't in this movie. Contain yourselves.

>shitty villain
>them acting like superheroes when they were supposed to be "bad guys"
>joker wasn't around that much
>harley and joker's relationship
>dialogue
>no harley quinn gangbang scene

Not enough fluffy hair.

What a fucking joke of an "actor".

WOWWWWWW

O
M
G

ANOTHER THREAD DISCUSSING SUPERHEROES XDD!!!!!

Kill yourself, seriously. You know how sad it is for patricians like me to constantly see these kind of threadds in the front page. I mean, not only do we have to deal with oscar-tier shit, but we also need to see you talking again and again about le epic super heroes. Literally, kill yourselves. Can you not talk about anything else? Are you seriously this retarded, this uneducated, this uncultured? Have you not seen ANY movie at all with no people dressing like retards? Are you 12 years old?

Fuck off, go back to the highschool you belong and leave this 18+ board to adults who want to discuss serious films and serious filmmakers. How come great auteurs like Kaurismäki and Iosseliani are barely mentioned, yet we have tons of thread discussing these kind of """"""art"""""""? Jesus christ, you can't even imagine how mad I am. I just wish you all knew something about cinema. I'm not even asking to be as cultured as I am, that is obviously impossible. I just want you to get to the point where I can at least read your posts and not feel both amused at your stupidity and sad at ignorance the same time.

Fuck off, and grow up.

*rubs head*
OH FUCKING NO YOU DONT
*pops a squat*
YOURE GETTING IT NOW
*hits you with Lucille 47 times*
WHO WANTS TO STAY ON MY AIRCRAFT

faggot.

too many characters

underwhelming villain and final conflict

at least half of the quips fell flat whereas even though Marvel is also shit, their quips are on point

not enough Joker

too much time spent in the same uninteresting location (fighting black gooballs on the street and in buildings for 20 minutes)

not enough harley quinn barefoot

A lot of scenes are fine in a vacuum but put together, they're chaotic

It's like they first thought of "what scenes should this movie have?" and only then thought of a loose plot to connect them

>What a fucking joke of an "actor".

I normally like will smith, but I hated him in this. Terrible.

In a movie trying to cover so many character back stories, far too much time was given for him to do his "I dress like a pimp", my daughter carries a black doll (because statement), and I'm caring dad who just happens to murder people for money and..... just ... no.

Isn't that his character though? Not wanting to be there...

>(because statement)

KEKAROONIS HOW TRIGGERED ARE U FAG?
BAAAAAAAAAAANE IM CIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>Isn't that his character though? Not wanting to be there...

I guess. But I never felt that about the other characters and they didn't want to be there either.

Also.... This chick was cringe worthy. How many minutes in Paint did these effects take?

What the fuck was even going on in this movie

Its like some supernatural adventure flick, primetime capeshit tv show and generic action CIA movie rolled into one. And they were all terrible

Nu RoboCop starts the movie with southern accent then just drops it

The plot is everywhere. What the fuck was the enchantress and what the fuck is the mummy shit doing in capeshit

Every character sucked. Will Smith phoned this shit in hard he couldn't even manage a hol up

Only actor that seemed to care was Harley Quinn but the writing was all so bad it didn't matter

Joker was everything Sup Forums joked about.

Her first design was awesome, why did they change it afterwards

Was she supposed to be doing this weird dancing shit? I have no idea about the comic character, but this came out looking comedic.

The comic character is pretty much your stock sorceress, guess they felt the rhythmic dancing would give her more character.

Her transformation scene was pretty cool though, the way the hand on the table reverses

looks like something thast should be caught by the Ghostbusters and not some "superheroes"

Coolest scene in the whole film desu

*glass breaks*

Too much was cut out and the way it was edited was not good with the fast pacing.

>cut out Joker beating to death someone with a bat
>cut out Joker beating to death someone with his bare hands
>Add this in the extended cut
BRAVO

>the random pop music during all the character intros

so fucking weird

Great cinematography. A shame that all these weapons and knives was wasted (I was expecting him to use all these in a final battle).

Jonny Frost is best henchmen. A shame he hardly had much screen time and that his role was drastically reduced as you can see here
He did a lot more in the original Ayer cut of the film.

Jared Leto has some really good serious dramatic expressions here. I wanted to see more of this instead of him just randomly laughing.

>powerfull meta human bad guy

lets send a man that can throw a boomerang sometimes.

isn't that basically the plot of Casablanca anyway?

youtube.com/watch?v=z58whL2ycvg

Wasn't just that that rubbed me the wrong way. It was the how familiar the songs were. Like a Best of dad's rock album mixed with chart hits from a few years ago. It seemed phony, lazy and distracting.

Hate to admit it, but I like harley in this though. Her and boomerang guy were the only main cast members with life in them.

>boomerang

off yourself, faggot.

The editing.

It's a cringe-tier edit mess (think of how Harley's "hearing voices" joke was edited). Ayer was seriously cucked by those hip-trailer-editors WB brought in to re-edit the whole thing after audiences reacted badly to BvS. Their use of pop music is truly amateurish... I blame WB execs, but no serious director would let a studio destroy his vision like they did. Assuming he had a vision, and I think he did in the beginning.

The thing is... good editing can't save a movie. But bad editing can destroy it, as it highlights the other bad things about it (in this case: meh plot, dull dialogue, hit & miss characterization, bad acting).

>muh bad boys

He's a one note actor that has never been good, quit crying that the 90s are over and so is his relevance

I just wish WB would have released all the deleted scenes as bonus material on the blu ray (similar to what Peter Jackson did with King Kong where he had 40 minutes worth of deleted and alternate takes that were never used).

I can only hope that WB are saving these scenes for another future release...

or a girl with a baseball bat!

>make some fucking movies with these comic book characters, do it fucking fast and don't waste my fucking time, people will throw money at it anyway

literally the WB philosophy behind the DCEU

>Here's slipknot, the man who could climb anything, wonderful!
>He didn't climb so good

the only mildly entertaining character so im willing to let it slide

for me it's what makes this movie even dumber, the only entertaining character makes the least sense from start to finish

Everything. Maybe except Harley.

I don't understand how this was not included in the extended cut

Some of it it's Jared bts, even though he broke character to ask Margot if she was okay.

damn the image at end cropped out

But I love that little part when Jonny Frost moves quickly away when Joker approaches to grab the light. Classic

>we sum kinda sue side sqaa?

>One of Joker's henchmen carry his coat around
lel I just realized this.

>mfw we will never see a scene where Joker argues with the guy when he accidentally drops it

To be fair Harley can fuck with you psychologically.

>To be fair Harley can fuck with you psychologically

Like this?

are you a faggot? if so kys, you're not welcome here

Because it took more than 15 minutes to do her hair and makeup

my dick got an idea from that tbf

MASKUSUMTIN

More like this, if you ask me

Shit editing, bad dialogue and script. Why are they saving the world? They are barely even villains too, the only ones that actually did evil things were Harley, for killing Robin, which is offscreen and Diablo, for killing his family. Also, Suicide Squad would be better if they were on Expendables like mission, not on a save the world mission.

Quick we need to assemble sumsorta sooside skwad, why? because one of the skwad is gonna wanna destroy the world

wait what the fuck?

This movie had the worst editing ever.

Full of quick cuts, the scenes never naturally finish. Characters movements dont end, the cuts interrupt dialogue, and action. A punch never lands. It was extremely frustrating watching this movie.

What was their point? Shit was over 2 hours. They should have trimmed the fat, and let each scene play out naturally without fucking making quick cuts everywhere. It was horrible because of that. Nothing but a complete redit can save this movie.

Everything about this film was unlikable.

this is actually what I've been trying to tell everyone. The plot was literal fucking non-sense

The editing rendered the first half of the movie nearly incomprehensible. The latter half had a bunch of scenes that were clearly meant to be payoffs for established plot-lines that were never developed because the editors went full retard.

The fact that they even released the movie in this state is baffling.

Anybody that thinks this movie was an irredeemable piece of shit needs to see more terrible movies. This movie was average at worst. If I had to some this movie up in one word it would be "blah". It didn't do anything for the medium but it at the very least was serviceable.

You want bad, watch the Last Airbender and come back here. Watch North. Watch Highlander 2. Watch Epic Movie (which I stupidly did in theaters).

It's a question of scale and talent behind the movie.

WB brings on David Ayer and a bunch of A-listers, pumps a shit ton of money in and then panics and demands re-shoots and edits at the last second, turning the entire thing into unwatchable dogshit.

Finally got around to watching this shit for the first time yesterday. Holy fuck, man, I couldn't even finish it, I dropped it halfway. I would have walked out of the fucking theater if I had actually gone to see it in theaters.

This is like some textbook "what not to fucking do" for a movie in so many ways.

>introduce captain boomerang by having the flash stop him from stealing some rocks
>firmly establishing the flash is active in the DCEU
>gotham has a giant fucking tornado of lightening and trash shooting out of the middle of it
>that tornado of lightening and trash starts destroying literally everything
>it all falls to a girl with a baseball bat to save the world
>this firmly establishes the flash cares more about insurance company overhead than extinction level events

Batman at least has an excuse (prep time), but goddamn there was literally nothing stopping the flash from solving every problem instantly. But that's about average for the flash.

reshoots are standard in any production built around test marketing.

>Harley, for killing Robin
Robin isn't dead, hes puddin.

Sure you'd be right, if there wasn't a whole scene near the beginning that explains the Suicide Squad is formed because there's more and more meta-humans popping up and not all of them "have Superman's values". The nigress wanted people with power under her control to combat terrorism, it wasn't that difficult to understand.

>people with power
>insane girl with a baseball bat
>blackman who can shoot gun REALLY accurate
>guy with lizardskin disease
>aussie with boomerang
>le climbing native man
>gook bitch with a weebsword
>and one (1) guy with an actual power, can use pyrokinesis

Literally retarded.

Will smith, the soldiers, and basically every secondary character.

There's a great looking, flashy, stylish, fun Harley movie hidden there

If they're not complete retards, we'll have a Harley centered sequel, with batman and joker cameos.

>bunch of deleted joker scenes
>deleted croc scenes
>deleted el diablo scenes
>marvel quips throughout the entire thing
>harley being oh so random xD
>soundtrack lacks vision
>villain is literally an ancient evil has awoken

i liked waller but she could have been done way better, like put more situations she could leverage in unexpected ways or whatever.

So was this legit?
youtube.com/watch?v=KfjSOOqiiZM