>he recovers from being fully paralyzed in 1-2 days
Why did this movie win awards again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QhDinIBETiI
youtube.com/watch?v=9RtCdYHiSb4
youtube.com/watch?v=HM2ZcCqqSNM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

U mad

Don't ever post in my cinema thread ever again.

It was longer than that I believe, still he would have died from just the initial mauling by the bear (or at least from that wound alone), no way he would have survived from what happened.

The whole film really suffers from this, as he just keeps surviving impossible situations. It's one of the rare instances where this kind of inaccuracy bothers me.

Yeah, they should have made him less fucked up in the beginning, and still a little fucked up at the end. Otherwise I thought it was great
Calle Calle

The entire movie was made to get Leo an oscar. Best to not question it.

He was never paralyzed, you sperg.

I can tolerate some un-realism in movies to make them interesting but this just killed it for me

They paid for the awards. The film was actually boring as all fuck.

Lel

Couldn't watch it. I knew before it came out it would be all struggling and heavy breathing and shiet, seen all that before. But whatever.

>rubs beard
MY PELTS
>screams
MY BOY
>gets raped by 2 bears
MY PELTS AND MY BOY
>falls into river
ARGHHHHHHGGHHHHH
>gets shot at with arrows
MY BOY
>pretends to be dead
ARGHHHHHHHHHHH
>bites Tom Hardy
ARGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>Tom Hardy is killed by Indians
MY PELTS
>Indians nod in respect and solidarity
GLOBAL WARMING
>the theater cheers and the natives carry DiCaprio back to LA

all in all, 8.6/10

>had his spine cracked by a huge grizzly bear two times
>had to get his whole crew to carry him around on a stretcher because he couldnt even sit up
Come on user

Leo can suck a fat cock with his shitty acting, Tom Hardy was the best part of this film

Agree.

you dumbshits don't even realize it was based on a true story

Do you cucks even realise its based on real events?

Obviously alot of it is exagerated, but he did get mauled by a bear so badly, that he crawled for like 50 km and then had to hike to Fort Kiowa for 200 extra km.

Obviously nu-male couch potatoes like yourselves cant even fathom being in the wild.

The movie is called The Revenant because he is dead throughout most of the movie, and his wife who is in Native-American-Nirvana is calling him to him, yet he clings to life refusing to die until he´s had justice. That scene where the guy builds a small hut for him is meant to ritualistically transfer the energy from a living man with no purpose (the banished indian) to a dead man with one (Hugh)

>says the Sup Forums poster, right after finishing prepping Tyrone for another long night with his wife

What was the point of this post?

We are discussing how ridiculous the bear attack depicted in the film is, it doesn't matter if it's based on real life events or not, he obviously did not take that kind of damage.

Seriously, there should be some kind of IQ test for posting on here, these posts made by sub-90 IQ monkeys just have nothing to add.

Not op, but the real account was supposed to be more brutal.

Why such hostility?

Its not impossible, there are way more intense account of bear attacks, are you going to discount that dude who got his leg bit off by the shark and took it back from him because you could do it?

I had a dream I got attacked by a bear and now I hate them and wish to spend my life hunting them for what they did to dream-me.

commendable

I had a dream where I was floating down a lazy river as a bear.

Doesn't mean I some kind of bearkin it means I'm a big hairy guy who wants to spend time floating down a river.

No it wasn't, the kind of mauling and biting the guy takes in the film would have killed him 100%.

>Why such hostility?

Are you somehow implying being called a cuck (no reason at all) and 'nu male faggot' isn't hostile?

> there are way more intense account of bear attacks

Just no.

Here is the bear attack in the film:

youtube.com/watch?v=QhDinIBETiI

Here is an actual bear attack killing a person:

youtube.com/watch?v=9RtCdYHiSb4

>The revenant doesn't have a catchphrase like I'M THE REVENANT FEAR MY WRATH
Dropped this piece of shit

/tv's favourite movie is DKR. What's the difference?

>OP

Started it one night late after drinking, got so far and went to bed.

Started it the next time I drank and started falling asleep when he was eating some raw animal then another injun started dragging him around.

Went to bed and haven't gotten back to it at all. It just didn't drive me to finish it

>Doesn't mean I some kind of bearkin
To be honest, a bear is probably like the comfiest animal to be.

t. Impatient alcoholic

Kill yourself

because leo needed an award

it's a shame this piece of shit got him that award, it's a painfully average movie

Not that guy, and I loved the movie so maybe I'm a little biased but you do know different people survive different "fatal" events right?

Like people have survived getting shot in the head? People have survived hundred foot falls? People have survived fucking tornadoes?

That's why these niggas get movies, because they defy the astronomical odds of survival.

Astronomical odds of survival in those cases have very little to do with being 'different' and as all to do with 'luck'.

The bear attack in the film is not luck or being 'different', he survives because it's a film.

>buzz goes the beeposter

It was several weeks, not 2 days. The others carried him around for a significant part of the journey, he then went back to where they came from to resupply, then he went looking for Fitzgerald. And he wasn't paralysed, it was mostly deep infected cuts, though one of his legs was completely fucked.

By "different" I meant "other" not "mutant." But anyway, the movie still goes back to the fact that it's based on actual events, with some Hollywood dramatization thrown in. The Bear attack looked pretty fatal but it seemed realistic enough to me that Dicaprio survived at a pretty gnarly cost.

But hey agree to disagree.

And you have alot of knowledge of bear attacks im sure.

Holy fuck can you actually not go for 2 hours without drinking and falling asleep.

Was her paralyzed?
I only saw it once but thought he had a really fucked up leg

He wouldn't have felt pain in his lower extremities if he were paralyzed

The bear attack in the movie was more tearing the exterior tissue, though, the bear never penetrated organs or anything, it was just tearing the skin and fat tissue/muscle, even the claw-to-the-throat was a survivable injury, you can survive with an open windpipe and you can survive the injuries.

The bear in the real video grabbed him by his throat, perforated and crushed it, caused bleeding, hence why he stopped breathing shortly after, because he was bleeding by his throat.
>The 7½-foot-tall, 700-pound bear bit Stephan Miller on the neck once, piercing his jugular vein and carotid artery.

He'd have died just from the infection if not the wounds themselves.

It's movie embellishing no doubt already embellished historical accounts.

He let maggots eat the infected tissue, though.

Maggots eat dead tissue and take care of necrotic flesh and gangrene.

Wouldn't do much for an infection and would in fact probably make it worse since they're unsterile maggots.

movie is literally about some guy angry about his wife's son death, it's targeted to cucks

Tip: fade transitions indicate the passage of time

Google the actual Hugh Glass. Nigga was tough as fuck.

>get mauled by a bear so hard your ribs are exposed and half your backmuscles are shredded to pieces
>find rotten tree trunk and lie on it for some days so that maggots may eat the dead flesh away thus preventing further necrosis and infection
>literally crawl for dozens of miles through snowy untouched woods
>befriend some savage indians who stitch a bear pelt over your exposed ribs right through your skin
>chase away a pack of wolves with stones to steal their bison carcass and survive on the meat for some time
>hike several hundred miles down a river to civilization
>forgive the two tards who left you for dead

Muh pelts though

RRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHGIMMYFUCKINOSCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGH!!!

It was his son too, dumb dumb

Except he didn't die. It's one in a million, not impossible.

youtube.com/watch?v=HM2ZcCqqSNM

The guy in your picture lives in the modern world and had access to antibiotics.

The guy in the movie did not. He absolutely would have died with injuries that severe. Crawling through the woods, they've have gotten infected.

Yes, it's based on a true story. That story was embellished. All of them are from that era.

>local bear expert and wilderness Explorer takes a detour in Sup Forums's Sup Forums board

Why did you capitalize the E? I have to know.

Essential film that embryos can't understand

When did they show his spine being cracked? His back was torn to pieces by the mauling, try sitting up in bed without your back muscles, I dare you