How did rock and meaningful lyrics get replaced by pop/rap?

How did rock and meaningful lyrics get replaced by pop/rap?

YO MAMA STILL LIVE IN A TENT

Rap music is "primitive tribalism" in music form, in my opinion. Make no mistake though, there is energy in some of it.

For example, it's difficult to find the same energy in other music once you've listened to dirty 808 sub bass that makes your head feel like it's going to explode like you find in "Soundcloud rap" or "trap", etc.
Yeah, it's extremely gimmicky and probably a crutch for the rappers because without it they'd be terrible, but there is energy in it anyway. Some of it is near headbanging shit. So some of the producers are great. Even though those kind of beats are simple to make... probably difficult to master.

I would listen to mindless, ignorant, dumb, aggressive rap like Lil Pump, et al. over the "I'm gonna try rap like an intellectual" bullshit any day of the week. Kendrick Lamar and that other dude who raps about "The guy in college didn't go to college", is utter shit.

If I want to listen to a somewhat "intellectual" artist or something that makes me think deeply, It certainly isn't going to be a fucking rapper. However, If I want to listen to some ignorant, aggressive music with dirty bass then there are a few rappers who are decent at that.

Rap is trash yeah, let's not fuck around, but "ignorant" rappers tapped into a niche that not many other musicians can enter. Where as, If I want to listen to something with masterful lyrics, I don't fucking listen to rap music... so all of those "le social justice" rapper faggots are essentially the worst of the worst.

The irony is that hip hop fans will scream the opposite and claim it's not "real rap" and they're just mumbling, or whatever.

It goes like this:

Any other genre > Ignorant shit with aggressive lyrics and big bass > Every other style of hip hop

The only good hip hop is trap style shit with aggressive lyrics, massive bass and crazy hi-hats. It's still all worse than pretty much every other genre, but as I said, some of it is irreplaceable.

SHA LA LA LA

Spoken like someone who has never head UK hip hop. That shit is tight, not like this trap BS that the US has been producing as of late.

i still havent found another record with the same energy behind it as Hella's Hold Your Horse Is. not really related at all, just sharing.

Imagine a plebian of this magnitude existing in real life. Here’s your (you) for making me picture such a travesty so vividly

I'm from the UK, you silly fuck

I've heard all UK shit because I dig all music, but it's blatantly carbon copy American shit with a few colloquialisms thrown in.

Post anyone that can compare to (in terms of energy):
>Famous Dex
>Bones
>Pump
>Peep
>xxx

67, Section and everyone else are pretty shit bro, don't kid yourself

t. Actual pleb

The Man's Not Hot Guy is pretty energetic

Didn't you already copypasta this shitpost a few days ago?

It represents the current cultural zeitgeist. The west is in the middle of a paradigm shift and it's going to get a lot worse.

Also the rise in people getting addicted to prescription opiates

So you admit to listening to shit music, just because of the "energy level?"

How much more pleb can you get?

There was fuck all left to sing about which hadn't been done to death a hundred thousand times already.

>here was fuck all left to rap about which hadn't been done to death a hundred thousand times already.

See how that works?

>rock
>meaningful lyrics

Pink Floyd, Kansas, Journey. Sorry my answer is not very cool, but at least their songs were about things that matter.

No he isn't. He's fucking trash. Only dumb cunt yanks think he's funny because they're dumb cunt yanks

Sometimes, yeah. You don't?

amerigoblins

I won't argue that

>Journey
>singing about anything that mattered
Dude...

>If I want to listen to a somewhat "intellectual" artist or something that makes me think deeply, It certainly isn't going to be a fucking rapper.
this, rappers are 85 iq
> sheeeeiiiiiiiiiit the police keepin us down n sheeiiit man
> sheeeiiiiiiit we needz mo gibs me dats n sheeiit

Not him, but fuck no. Why would I waste time listening to shit music because it "goes hard" or whatever the fuck normies say these days

Are you 12?

It's not about "going hard", you dumb cunt. It's high energy. Like punk was high energy. Like rock and roll in general used to be/is.

Read my post again, and read it slower this time

Only one of those three bands had an IQ above room temperature.

If u care bout lyrics ur a nerd

>"going hard"
>high energy
From my understanding those are synonyms, though the former supposedly applies more to live shows.

The same way personal sites got replaced by Facebook

and it wasn't Floyd

have you listened to open mike eagle or milo

lil pump is literally too young to post on mu lmao

Well either way... what the fuck are you listening to music for, if not energy? Are you fucking stupid?

Music is QUITE LITERALLY energy. As in, vibration. You're just a low iq pleb

Go listen to foo fighters and shut the fuck up

you have bad taste my friend

This is incredibly sad. Have a nice day.

t. pleb

t. sophist

light is energy too. are all the movies you watch obnoxious capeshit?

go back to lurking friendo.

>foo fighters
Nice projection. I'm more into folky hipster-ish shit and chill/atmospheric ambient/industrial stuff, which isn't the most energetic at times.

I don't just listen to music for some vague concept of "energy," I listen to music for instrumentation that I find aesthetically (not sure if that's the right term) pleasing and lyrics that I find meaningful or interesting.

>Looking for depth in pop music

whatever faggot
you're into cock in and around your mouth reigon, be honest

I see you've run out of arguments.

lol mad

not at all, you're just genuinely retarded mate
sensitive aren't you?

I mean, it's pretty much a given that stuff you hear on the radio isn't deep or intelligent. With rare exception, sometimes guys like U2 or Springsteen with meaningful songs would get radio play, but mostly it's just the usual generic dance/love nonsense.

Lil Pump's music is fun.

holy fuck Sup Forums has awful taste, just retarded niggers repeating the same shit over the same ass beats. kys

Gucci Gang Gucci Gang Gucci Gang Gucci Gang Gucci Gang Gucci Gang Gucci Gang Gucci Gang Gucci Gang Gucci Gang Gucci Gang Gucci Gang Gucci Gang Gucci Gang Gucci Gang Gucci Gang Gucci Gang Gucci Gang Gucci Gang Gucci Gang Gucci Gang Gucci Gang Gucci Gang Gucci Gang Gucci Gang Gucci Gang Gucci Gang Gucci Gang Gucci Gang Gucci Gang Gucci Gang Gucci Gang Gucci Gang Gucci Gang Gucci Gang Gucci Gang Gucci Gang Gucci Gang Gucci Gang Gucci Gang

dark side of the moon is one of the best selling albums of all time.

pop can have depth.

You can listen to more than just one genre you know?

these hacks you guys love aren't popular at all outside of Sup Forums

They are mate

These people are essentially as popular and carry the same momentum as early punk bands, no bullshit. I hate 99 percent of rap but this new wave soundcloud-esque shit is really one of the only things pushing boundaries in music atm

this

100 on my wrist 80 on my wrist 100 on my wrist 80 on my wrist 100 on my wrist 80 on my wrist 100 on my wrist 80 on my wrist 100 on my wrist 80 on my wrist 100 on my wrist 80 on my wrist 100 on my wrist 80 on my wrist 100 on my wrist 80 on my wrist 100 on my wrist 80 on my wrist 100 on my wrist 80 on my wrist

What does this even mean?

Dude OPs video has over 133 million views

Big Black is pure energy

Since the foundation of recorded music and distribution popular music has been a shallow, commercial appropriation of other works. Only difference today is that the industry has found their successful formulas.
>meaningful lyrics
bait or you're a retard. Both options amount to you being an idiot.

Trash.

Go to bed dad

Youre a faggot

MY BIH LOVE DO PROPANE

Flockaveli gave me this feel. It's hard to replicate though.

>me and my grandma take meds

voice of a generation

Southern rap shit, chicago rap shit, and white boys tryna real hard be the kurt cobain of rap.

>Implying it's not genius

But those "crazy hi-hats" are so fucking annoying. How could you possibly listen to that without tearing your hair out?

Only when pleb producers don't do it right

It's easier to overdo them

what did you think of yung lean's new album?

I FUCK A BI I FORGER HER NAME

Love the throwback to 90s hip hop this song does

That's because Zach Hill "gets it"

all the comments are from spics, every comment from an English speaker is mocking him

COCAINE ON THE BOAT
I JUST HAD A STROKE

my bih luh do cocaine

He fucks traps? Nice.

What fsggot? Bisexual dosn't mean trap anyway retard

uk rap sucks balls

Rap is gay and has naught to do with music. There really are more than 2 notes on a scale. Fucking Mr. Microphone tier ball sweat.

It wouldn't be a song if it's rap. Songs have a melody, that's why they are called songs. Call it what it is; an illiterate, talking over a pre-recorded noise track, with no progression.

yeah ummm, news flash sweety, those aren't high hats, merely a digital reproduction of ringing brass. No wonder it annoys you.

the history of art is pieces couched by works

Nice retort bro, but you're being a dumb cunt because you personally dislike most dumb cunt rappers.

I see how you can have that opinion but it's still bullshit.

Songs are just works of music.

"your momma still live in the tent"

SO POLL

no

really user? you think there is place for lyrics in music? lyrics cheapens music, which is the highest of abstract expressions not a tool for some fucking singer to talk shit. Rock is as bad as rap

the rap agenda has been in play for some time now. dumb down the masses. no deep thought. keep them consuming. stupid people can be sold anything.

I SELL CRACKING ON PAYPAL
JUST LIKE OBAMA
FIJI DIAMOND ON MY WRISS
I FUCKED YO MOMMA

^^ fucking this ^^
modern rap culture sucks.
its all about making you a braindead, narcissistic consumerist.

this is just what happens when you and none of the people you're imitating have ever read a book

rap because it was initially black music made by people in the ghetto and describing ghetto life. Now that the middle class has been gutted, more and more people are relating to that kind of music.

Pop because it sells. They have a formula for it. 1)Pick a girl that is already famous on TV or something. 2)have max martin write her an album. 3)auto tune her voice 4)profit

Easily digested dance jams with the same words repeated is easy for people to understand. Hooks and beats, people are dumb and like stupid shit. MC's rapping over tracks isn't a fucking band. Rap music is just abstract advertisements for the pharmaceutical industry at this point.

don't call the trash in your picture and in mainstream media rap, faggot

This fucking pasta screams Reddit, but I can't say I disagree with you, so I'll let you stay.