What does Sup Forums think about Count Dankula, and his current fate?

What does Sup Forums think about Count Dankula, and his current fate?

Attached: dancula.jpg (1280x720, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2530436/Shameless-Asda-Nazi-dresses-dog-Swastika-covered-sheepskin-jacket.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>was trying to be offensive
>got charged for being offensive

Epic Success

Attached: atleastyoutried.png (500x371, 150K)

But do you think he was in the wrong?

Attached: tumblr_lc95tsnjbV1qa3rug.png (500x428, 58K)

Orwellian fate.

Attached: 1519832700772.jpg (700x700, 75K)

Intent is part of crime. His intent was to be offensive, and in that he succeeded. He was in the wrong.

Free Speech is not the freedom to be an idiot. Speech is considered intelligent. If he had even the smallest shred of artistic merit it would have been protected as Free Speech.

It didn't. He's a child, that got tried as an adult, basically. You can't yell fire in a packed theater as a part of free speech. You can't be offensive for offensive sake as a part of free speech. You can't crank up siens in the middle of the night as a part of free speech.

Free Speech is articulate your opinions and ideas without fear of retaliation. He didn't support nazism is actually why it wouldn't be part of Free Speech.

>bait

Some may argue that the context was important, as it was meant as a joke.

So... because he hurt your feelings, and you don't think he's funny, he should go to jail for 6 months? Is that what you are saying?

You have a very odd definition of 'free'

I believe he's looking at 6 months in jail? I think he would do just fine

I think its pretty sad you can get charged for making a joke, however elaborate it may have been. How many standup comics in the UK also get charged for being insensitive?

But the question is should he face any jail time for just making a subjectively shit joke

Attached: 1b9y1.jpg (150x150, 4K)

Britain can run their country however they want. Free speech is not a universal right.

That's a good point, leme suck ya dick

Attached: 1484270146989.jpg (564x565, 97K)

>Eurofag logic

Attached: 1484913638597.jpg (199x254, 16K)

He literally says he's trying to be offensive. The joke was he was being offensive. It's like showing a video of the your penis, and laughing so hard at how funny it is.

Anyone else might not understand that joke. Most people would probably just see it as a penis. I get it, Sup Forums had a joke about Hitler posting for a LONG time, this is the first site I ever met people that unironically loved Hitler.

This guy, just like PewDiePie just realized that making fun of relgions isn't as funny, because they are a protected class. I've gotten in trouble for making fun of christians before as well. It's not like it's a general thing, it's like saying 'nigger' over and over again.

#FreeDankula

castrate the insensitive faggot

You can't say you have free speech and then spew this shit.

That isn't "free speech." Just as "free" as the Chinese are to cause offense to their government (their protected class), you're as "free" to be offensive to your protected class. To call it "free speech" just means you're utterly divorced from the concept.

So your saying that peoples should be trialed and thrown in prison for the things they SAY?

Attached: 1484265121141.jpg (534x432, 15K)

You also don't understand humor. Do you? The joke wasn't "I'm being offensive." The joke was the humor found in the disparity between our motivated human actions transplanted into a innocent ignorant animal. If you want to look at the artistic merit of having a dog lift its paw and grunt whenever you zieg heil you literally need to look no further than the conversation were having right now. the very idea that were discussing what is and is not hate or offence carries with it meaning and importance.

Listen. His not a nazi pug isnt fine art but its clearly meaningful speech. In America this would be laughed out of court. Hell - anywhere where he isnt being made to be an example would do the same.

Hitler single-handedly ended WWII, and he wasn't recruited, he volunteered.

"nigger" is OUR word, we loaned it to the blacks and they fucked it all up and lost the "er", then tried to hide what they did by bandaiding it with an "a".

the more you know....

He had no intention of being offensive, the nature of the joke might have been offensive, however it was a joke, only there to annoy his girlfriend, plus he posted the video before he had any traction on YouTube, it was never meant to blow up the way it did, but someone posted it Reddit and then it blew up. This kinda gives it more context, however it is also the thing that the Scottish court decided to interpenetrated as meaningless, because that's how the system works, the actual context doesn't matter, the perception of it by the authorities and victims does, and that's fucked up.

Attached: 1521995209691.jpg (640x960, 118K)

Nope.

Because his intent was to hurt feelings. If your feelings are hurt by Toy Story 3, that doesn't matter, since the film was not made with the intent to offend.

His intent WAS to offend. Just like if you 'pretended' to go and stab someone, but stopped just inches from their skin would still be attempted murder, if that person thought it was your intent at that time.

Your actions and your intent are yours to control as a mature adult in society. If ever you think that calling people names is harmless, you won't understand why you'll be fired for telling a customer to fuck off either.

I am more upset that religion is a protected class more than anyone, I think it's retarded, but that's the world we live in. Might as well make your type of employment a protected class too. You have more choice over your religious views than your job, but since people don't see it as that way, that's how the law is reflected.

I am not personally offended by any of it, but it's obvious that this would happen, if you understood what Free Speech was protecting.

No... I'm saying that I have no business telling other countries how to run their shit, and neither do you.

And can you stop with the meme faces please? They really make you seem retarded.

How do you prove intent?

It's not my definition. I am not the one defining what 'free' is, it's actually the 'speech' part that this is talking about. Speech is an intelligent idea or opinion you're expressing. An immature joke is not intelligent, and he actually had no option to express since he didn't believe in the statement he was saying, and was just trying to incite annoyment.

If he said he was a Nazi, he might of had a leg to stand on. Since he was making fun of something offensive by mocking it, he is not enacting his right of Speech, but is actually just mocking other people, as well as offended the victims. He's just being a dick to the largest amount of people possible.

Well THIS is online harassment, defined under section 127 of the UK's Communications Act, 2003, and I'll be including it in the report against you because I believe you are actively trying to cause me anxiety, annoyance, and unnecessary inconvenience. This is also is a HATE CRIME because I believe you only said this because of who you think I am, that being a Muslim, and you are wrongfully discriminating against Muslim. You are attacking me because of who you think I am, which is clearly defined as a hate crime. You're going away for a long time kiddo.

I think all idiots deserve to be locked up or penalized in other ways. Make room for the intelligent people to thrive for fucking once. Making fun of nerds is not considered 'offensive' but making fun of religion is.

That's the real offense.

I feel bad for him his video was funny too. The way he used classical conditioning on the dog was textbook.

But it's not something that happened in Scotland and will stay in Scotland, you know that if you don't exercise your liberty it will be eroded, I'm not trying to say "fight the government or they gonna Orwell us" but surely you want to be able to express yourself however you want without having to fear being prosecuted on the basis of your opinion, this kind of thing spreads.

Well THIS is online harassment, defined under section 127 of the UK's Communications Act, 2003, and I'll be including it in the report against you because I believe you are actively trying to cause me anxiety, annoyance, and unnecessary inconvenience. This is also is a HATE CRIME because I believe you only said this because of who you think I am, that being an American, and you are wrongfully discriminating against Americans. You are attacking me because of who you think I am, which is clearly defined as a hate crime. You're going away for a long time kiddo.

Who?

Arrested for making pug a nazi joke.

>His intent WAS to offend
no, not really.
you can argue that his intent was to offend his girlfriend, but even that is kinda bs.
His intent was to a joke video. Yes, the joke was an offensive joke, but his intent wasn't to offend. Hell, he literally said that he wants to make the dog into the worst thing he can imagine, which ended up being a nazi.

Yeah okay but how do you prove what someone's intent was?

I get that kids or other mentally incapacitated individuals would find this funny, but you show me one business that would support or find this funny at all, and then you actually realize what 'mature' means.

Being retarded is not seen as mature.

Intelligence is what is adults have. You either act like an adult or don't. If the only way you can offend your girlfriend is mentioning a war in the 40's than maybe you need to think a little harder at what she's offended by.

Really, this guy just trained a dog to do a nazi salute, trained to respond to him saying 'gas the jews' WAY to many times, and showed it watching some Nazi Propaganda.

If there is a joke there, I missed it. Hitler Did Nothing Wrong is a meme that died once Mountain Dew had it as their new soda brand name in like 2010.

I think after the rise of the Alt-Right it's understood it's hard to tell the difference from the meme and the ironic memes. This is something kids are slow at realizing. PewDiePie after the Virginia protests and terrorist attack now realizes too, that the Nazi and Jew jokes are in bad taste, because it's not just 'ridiculous' but something people genuinely, unironically STILL believe in.

This is obviously bait or else you would understand what the word "free" means. If it was intelligent speech it would be called that like if feminism was about equality it would be called equality

Attached: critize-white-people__800x1100.png (1164x804, 732K)

Definitively, ya can't :/. But I think in this particular instance it was painfully obvious after looking through the evidence, lack of Nazi history for instance. I recon most cases that follow the same road can be easily dismissed of the judge isn't a brain dead moron, on more than one occasion might I add.

Hitler also started the war, and lost it. Nigger is meant to be the most offensive word to mean negros. It was never loaned to anyone, but reclaimed, just like every other rights blacks ever got in the USA, as the white man never gave them any rights, and never apologize formally for any of the offense.

They think they did, both gave them rights and made up for it. Only out of outcry. If you could still own niggers now, you would.

He literally started the video by saying he wanted to offend his girlfriend.

Part of the intent was uploading it for the world to see. Beyond that it's what he says in the video and anything relating to it, and obviously, in court.

It's hard to prove but when you start the video saying 'I am trying to offend' that's about as fucking clear as 'I am going to commit murder'

Attached: 1429169792708.jpg (297x365, 36K)

You believe. Until you get me openly stating it, like him, you got nothing.

He gave them all the proof they needed in one video. Pretty stupid, eh?

So lets say we take his word, the intent was on his girlfriend, in a joking manner, not directed at Jews.

>you can argue that his intent was to offend his girlfriend
Then he uploaded it online. If someone else uploaded it, it would have been their intent. He obviously admitted he uploaded it.
Seriously, make a video insulting a major religion. Nothing will happen, unless the video gets a wide audience, then you're fucked.

>Seriously, make a video insulting a major religion. Nothing will happen, unless the video gets a wide audience, then you're fucked.
y-you're allowed free speech so long as nobody hears you

You are a thread to my personal freedom and as such should be publicly executed you stupid fucking kike.

>Hitler also started the war
but that's not what happened

I've always thought there needs to be a criminal offence known as "behaviour unbecoming of a British citizen"
Simply looking like that would breach that so frankly based on his appearance he deserves everything he gets.

So just because there are real and genuine Nazis out there, that means that trying to downgrade them, take the piss and have a laugh at their expense is immature, and makes someone less than adult?

>I don't like this joke and I'm super smart and mature so that means everyone who finds humor in it is either retarded or immature
Jesus fuck, I don't even think that the joke was that funny, but how fucking far up your ass do you have to be to spout such nonsense?
And either way, how does someone making a joke "in poor taste" deserve a prison sentence?

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2530436/Shameless-Asda-Nazi-dresses-dog-Swastika-covered-sheepskin-jacket.html

why wasn't this guy arrested

Attached: article-2530436-1A53ED0F00000578-142_634x423.jpg (634x423, 41K)

It doesn't matter what is mature. You're attributing personal bias onto something and someone that doesn't deserve it. What you think personally is not relevant.

The only thing that matters is "Did this man make a coherent statement when he made his dog grunt and lift a paw." On the most base level the answer is yes. Its stated directly that nazis are bad when you look at his dog do dumb things you realize that the actions themselves are bad but performed by an adorable dog theyre humorous. This is apparently the level you operate on (and ironically critique people for not acting like adults.)

On even a slightly more complex level its easy to see what he's going for. That dog cannot understand what its doing. It doesnt understand that it might offend someone. It has no context because its a dog. Suddenly you should come to the realization that the actions themselves are not important. It's what is actually motivating the entity to do those actions. Nazis saluting is offensive not because the salute is bad. They're offensive because of what it represents and the strength it shows.
Now if you're even a bit clever youre going to realize right away that this wraps around to Dankula himself. What is his intent? Well, he states it right off the bat - to piss his girlfriend off. Is pissing your girlfriend off worth up to two years in jail?

His lack of Nazi history actually works against him, since he's just trying to be offensive, that isn't protected in Free Speech. Free Speech is your opinion, but if pro-Nazi isn't your opinion, then you're just left with malicious intent.

If you're defending your beliefs, that's Free Speech. Since this were not reflected as his own beliefs, than they are not protected as Free Speech.

Just like if your religion has wearing a hat in a school that doesn't allow wearing hats is protected, you're not protected by that right IF YOU HAVE NO HISTORY OF BEING A PART OF THAT RELIGION.

All of you fucking cucks think you understand the finer nuances of the most important laws of the country, always so MIND BOGGLED at how the law works. I make graphic and offensive art, so I am a god damn master at it.

Ban all religion!

Anyone posting on Sup Forums is grossly offensive and a menace to society. You should be thrown in jail.

Then he uploaded it to everyone online.

>you can argue that his intent was to offend his girlfriend
>Then he uploaded it online
yes, because that was the fucking joke. The joke was basically offending his girlfriend.
It was supposed to be offensive to his gf, but a joke to everyone else.

>that isn't protected in Free Speech
Yes it is, it absolutely is.
The problem is that the UK does not have free speech.

You're allowed freedom of religion. This is sort of a impasse in the rights. Since he was not reflecting his ideas or opinions, as well as no history of Nazism, he kind of loses vs. the freedom of religion.

Shocking, I know. Just because someone else can say it, doesn't mean you can.

Yes he did, but he didn't have the following that he has now back then, back then he only had his friends subscribed to his, the reason for this thing blowing up was that someone reposed it to Reddit.

On September 1, 1939, Hitler invaded Poland from the west; two days later, France and Britain declared war on Germany, beginning World War II. On September 17, Soviet troops invaded Poland from the east.

You don't understand what speech is. It's amazing. You have the ability to coherently string together ideas and project them onto the internet but still cant wrap your head around speech. Its fantastic.

>He was behind of it.

Attached: n8k3el2nh46e2543925000000.jpg (481x617, 27K)

What the fuck are you even talking about? Freedom of religion?
That has nothing to do with this.

Slippery slop for free speach

Attached: Don't Tread On Meme.png (1024x768, 49K)

>His lack of Nazi history actually works against him
No, you fucking dipshit.
Even if he was an un-ironic nazi he still would have been convicted. You don't know what the fuck you are talking about.
The ""free speech"" (((exception))) he was nailed for was for being offensive, ironic or not he would have gotten nailed.
Stupid fucking faggot.

Parody and mockery are two different things. Everything he did was exactly what a Nazi would say and do. If he insulted them in any way, or 'take the piss and have laugh at their expense' it would have been a parody.

At what point did he degrade them? The fact it was a pug? Are pugs particularly insult to Nazis? Was their something there that was degrading to Nazis or Nazism or Hitler, or showed them in a poor light, or at all was critical or expressing even the slightest shade towards them?

Just that it was what any Nazi would teach their dog, is what he taught his dog, not because it was part of his belief and thus protected by Free Speech, but was specifically not part of his belief and thus NOT protected by Freedom of Speech.

I am r3tard3d, why else would I be here? I could be outside enjoying the lovely sunny Sunday evening with some friends, taking my dog for a run, maybe even studying for college, but I'm on Sup Forums taking about something that in the grand scheme of things doesn't effect me in the slightest.

Attached: 1521993512735s.jpg (125x125, 2K)

>not because it was part of his belief
THAT DOESN'T HAVE ANY FUCKING THING DO DO WITH THE ACTUAL LAW OR THIS CASE
YOU ARE TALKING OUT OF YOUR ASS

It's like those guys that do the '''''prank'''' of throwing a fake bomb at people, and got arrested for domestic terrorism.

Not because it was a fake bomb. This would be like saying you don't get arrested for a crime if you don't go all the way through with it.

Having burglary tools at night in front of bank is enough to be charged with intent. Intent is a part of the law. His intent was to offended, he clearly stated it, he obviously didn't know it was a crime, or that it would get him any attention.

It's every day bro.

Attached: 2436904-presse-papiers-1.jpg (650x350, 47K)

No, Count Danculas words where "the least cute thing i could think of, which is a Nazi" And something similar happened in Germany during the war. The Nazi government trailed the man for doing it, but then dropped the charged realizing how fucking dumb it was, unlike the Scottish police force apparently.

Attached: 9C99D97C-0CC5-472F-9AB1-4E887E606470.jpg (1242x1788, 198K)

>His intent was to offended, he clearly stated it
no it was not. The intent was to make a joke, which was to offend his gf.
The intent of the video itself wasn't to offend.
I mean how fucking hard is it to wrap your head around that?
Do you actually think that he put out the video so that people would get offended?

Bad photoshop of a literal non-white.
Not exactly helping your case.
Stupid phoneposter.

You could have at least used a decent meme.

What the dog did is inconsequential.

He wasn't the one saying 'Gas the Jews' over and over again, nor did he turn on Nazi propaganda. Religion is a protected class, that is equal to or some would say MORE so than Free Speech. I don't know if it is or not, but it's a known thing to more experienced people in art and entertainment business.

He offended people with Nazi references, without believing in them, or degrading them. It's not a parody, it's a mockery. You want to tell me that actual neo-Nazi don't train their dogs to do Nazi salutes? They are all probably training their dogs to respond to 'gas the jews' now as well.

There was no downside, IN CONTEXT. IN ACTUAL CONTEXT, he did not degrade the Nazi, and actually showed what a genuine Nazi would do. It was offensive as possibly could be, as an actual Nazi would do as well.

It's like pretending to be a part of the KKK and going around in a white hood, insulting niggers, and throwing burning crosses on their lawns.

When you just imitate everything they do, that's not a parody, that's a mockery. A mockery out of context you seem indistinguishable. In context, you seem indistinguishable as well.

A parody as the context of insulting the group it's imitating. Like Borat both having a history of being jewish, and imitating antisemite as being stupid and uncultured as why you never saw him get charged with Hate Crime.

His intent was both to be offensive, and do a 1:1 imitation of Nazis, and upload it online to everyone.

Any of these by themselves isn't as bad, but combined together is what you see here that he did WRONG.

Attached: 1521576678574.png (500x522, 153K)

So why did he talk about the Jews? I thought he was trying to piss of his ''''''girlfriend'''''

Context, son.

Since this were not reflected as his own beliefs, than they are not protected as Free Speech.

Free Speech is only protecting your beliefs. They were not his beliefs.

Because Nazis where the least cute thing that he could think of, opposing his girlfriends opinion how cute their "wee" dog is.

Attached: 1521995536702.jpg (600x450, 33K)

And?

>Since this were not reflected as his own beliefs, than they are not protected as Free Speech.
This has nothing do do with the law you dumbfuck.
He was found guilty of breaching Section 127 of the 2003 U.K. Communications Act, which prohibits "grossly offensive, indecent, obscene, or menacing" electronic communications.”
You have no fucking clue what you are talking about.
It DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER if they were his un-ironic beliefs.

Then feel free to correct me instead of just pointing out how amazing you powers of perception are.

I'll wait.

Attached: SLACKING POSE.png (1144x728, 1.13M)

If you think religion has nothing to do with this, you REALLY are fucking out to lunch on this.

There are cases that people have won the right to spew toxic bullshit because that's what they believe in, and have a clear and documented history of it.

The fact it's not his beliefs is why he doesn't have a fucking leg to stand on. You're right, he might still have gotten nailed for it, since relgions are also a protected class.

OK, tell me where religion comes into this?
This is what he was convicted of.

Attached: file.png (789x119, 5K)

>The fact it's not his beliefs is why he doesn't have a fucking leg to stand on.
No it's because he violated a law that limits free speech you cock.

because he taught the dog to respond to racist shit about the jews.
Again, that's the fucking joke.

>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Not much of an argument either way, you just said no in all caps. I got rekt.

I mean, it might not have helped him at all, but the lack of belief isn't a defence for Free Speech as much as the proof of a belief.

If you're doing it for the sake of offense, a sort of malicious intent, you're totally fucked, and I am surprised anyone thought this would go any other way, unless he said he genuinely believed in what he said.

No way, something similar happened in Germany. What are the chances that someone tried to make a Nazi joke and found out that it's one of the most offensive jokes you can make.

I mean, even nigger jokes lose that punch outside of North America.

What was the joke?

>but the lack of belief isn't a defence for Free Speech as much as the proof of a belief.
LITERALLY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT YOU DIPSHIT
He was convicted of this Where does it say "you can say mean things but only if it's un-ironic"?
I don't fucking see it.
>If you're doing it for the sake of offense, a sort of malicious intent, you're totally fucked
Yeah, because the UK DOES NOT HAVE free speech you dumb nigger.
>and I am surprised anyone thought this would go any other way
Yeah because you don't believe in free speech either you fucking kike. Get roped.

I think it's an assault on freedom of speech. It sure is gonna suck when we live in George Orwell's 1984

>You can't be offensive for offensive sake as a part of free speech.
Actually, being offensive is part of free speech. You may not like it, but you can't have a person arrested for hurting your delicate, snowflake feelings

That's what he was arrested for.

Obviously he had no defense against it.

You make it seem like anyone that makes a fart joke can be arrested for this, but the courts have a bit more intelligence than both you and me and take into consideration all other factors.

That includes if it is reflected in his beliefs. Which it wasn't. So really, he was just acting 1:1 with an actual Nazi, and you're really confused and upset that someone could be offended with someone acting like a literal Nazi as being ironically funny when it was obviously meant to be ironic?

Ironic meaning, against the nature of. Since he WASN'T a Nazi the joke was that he was a Nazi?

You never see that happen with literally Nazis, trying to blend in with non-Nazis

any day now

The joke is making something cute and adorable into the worst thing you can imagine (in this case a nazi). It's the dissonance in a cute thing doing/reacting to offensive shit.

You know what you're right.

The guy tried to be offensive, unironically, and he charged with being offensive, unironically.

Case closed.

Don't see how this is some mistrial of the law.

>but the courts have a bit more intelligence than both you and me and take into consideration all other factors.
LMAO
Enjoy 1984, idiot.

Attached: file.png (650x887, 224K)

He literally wasn’t he was just trying to be funny cause the first things out of his mouth is this is a joke I want to prank my gf then during court they proved that the dog will raise its hand for a treat when someone has one and given any verbal command anything you could say dumb cunt to the dog and it would raise its paw so all he did was exploit that for his video and it should be covered under Satire or how do all these “comedians” get away with talking about killin the prez