Just finished watching. Holy shit, this was depressing but really fucking good

Just finished watching. Holy shit, this was depressing but really fucking good.

do you think Loki found Keller in the end?

No, he died. A timely reminder not to fuck with Classic Paul Dano.

I like to think he did, just so his ass can go to jail for 10-20 years.

>religious family man is a paranoid sadist
>anti-social atheist cop is the real hero of the movie

They shot an ending where he moved the car so yes, I'm assuming he found him.

So, where was the maze?

It's pretty implicit he did find him, but I don't think that means the ending is happy in any way. Everyone involved in the case is fucked up forever, Keller especially, after what he did to Classic Paul Dano.

Why do you think Loki is atheist? And he wasn't anti-social either.

>do you think Loki found Keller in the end?

Obviously, you fucking retard.

Because he's smart.

It cannot be determined, but the chances of Keller being found by Loki is high based on Loki's expression after listening to the faint whistle sound twice and also we were shown in the movie that Detective Loki is good with details and connecting dots.

In an interview with screenwriter Aaron Guzikowski it is explained that an ending where Keller is found by Loki was actually filmed, but was deliberately decided against in favour of a more ambiguous ending.

I've just watched the movie and then came here to look for questions asked about it. My interpretation of this particular scene is as follows. It was very clear to me when I saw it. Loki will find Keller and of course rescue him. Everything was set for it even from earlier in the movie when Loki came to Mrs. Jones' house for the first time and inspected the Trans-Am outside, when he found out about the whistle in the hospital, when the CSI people shut down the humming of their machinery and shut off their music player. Even his final reaction of shrugging his shoulders with disbelief before hearing the dim sound of the whistle for a last time was a clear sign of what was going to happen next.

All of these together did set off the scene for Loki to realize what was going on. There wasn't any meaning to show the actual rescue because we already got the message and it would spoil the message to a degree. All of the protagonists and antagonists are in one way or another 'prisoners'.

The faint whistling was actually supposed to make it harder to decide either way. The movie ending without it would have suggested they never found him. The ending is intentionally left ambiguous, fitting a morally ambiguous character.

top fucken kino
BASED movie

Loki was into the occult, look at his hands baka

>Keller
>killer

Jesus. It's like poetry... it rhymes.

I don't think it's that in any way, especially if you think that their situations are completely different. Both become obsessed, but for the one of them, it's his family who is at stake.
>It's pretty implicit he did
Is it? I mean it's rational to think they eventually did after doing a full search, the question is whether or not he was dead by then

JUST FUCKING DIE YOU PIECE OF TURD
god why are ameridumbs so stupid?

>Loki
>low key

Pottery

One of my favorite films ever.
The cinematography is hauntingly gorgeous.

>be me
>start of year, lonely, need to change
>see prisoners movie
>Detective Loki is a badass (jake gyllenhaal)
>he does this cool mysterious eye twitch / blink
>I wanna be more mysterious
>make continuous effort do it every minute in public
>starts to become natural, feel like his character, feel more confident
>notice I'm doing it on my own now, constantly
>it's been 11 months and I literally can't stop
>mom is worried and is taking me to doctors next week, she wants me to get a brain scan incase I have a tumor

I don't have health insurance and we are not rich but she's worried, do I tell her I just copied Loki from The Prisoners?

>cinematography is hauntingly gorgeous.
lmao fag
is it because the movie was shot by a meme cinematographer?

Jake is so hot in this movie

Loki is the new Driver Gosling

>meme cinematographer
Please elaborate

confirmed, i guess

(you)

What?

>autistic manchild with iq of a 10 year old literally named Alex Jones
really makes you think

Why are you faggots using spoilers for a movie that came out 5 years ago?

Why does that trigger you, faggot?

Loki knows about the whistle, Keller's wife told him at the hospital that they never found it. When he hears it in the end, he shakes his head a couple of times in doubt, but the second and third whistle clearly gets his attention.

>be religious man
>lost in the beginning
>found at the end

K I N O
I
N
O

FUCK

>film

flick*

no_

I honestly think this is Villeneuve's best, along with being the best kino of 2013

That's a great drawing, user!