ITT: Movies only women understand

ITT: Movies only women understand.

Pic related. Women gets raped and instead of being distraught and whiny she's upset that someone took control over her.

She spends the rest of the movie showing her power over everyone in her life, including the rapist after she finds out who she is.

Verhoeven's best movie. I suspect it will get passed over during awards season, but Huppert would win best Actress if the Academy weren't so Hollywood-centric.

If were just gonna shitpost in this thread then pic related.

Just rape her again

Haven't seen it or even heard of it but it's not surprising to me that Veerhoven is able to approach a mature topic like that in a balanced, intelligent way. Dude's movies may range from satirical to downright silly, but he's damn good at what he does.

>after she finds out who she is

okay now I'm interested

Does she have three tits though?

Probably all of Catherine Breillat film's honestly.

Bitch is a madwomen.

What the hell kind of thing is she doing with her hand?

That movie looks depressing and too close to home.

You're wrong though. Many women didn't "understand" her. I'm not sure there is much to understand apart from the fact she was damaged from what happened with her father, and that she has an attraction/repulsion towards men.

She does flaunt power at the women in her life too though. Her mom and even her best friend gets a taste of it by end of it.

I suppose it could have a more male oriented lean with her hate, but to me it seems like she just had a problem with everyone.

(Also I'm glad someone else has actually seen this)

That popped up next on my watch list after seeing Elle.

>naming a movie "Elle"
>not even casting Elle.

It's a fine movie but doesn't quite do the novel justice.

it's weird that beta male virgins underestimate the damage that something like rape can do to someone mentally and have ridiculous expectations for how they react

Why, it's a about a young girl (played by and 18-year-old, mind you) who slowly gets to know sexuality by shoving earthworms in her vagina and pissing everythere.
What's there not to understand?

Thanks for the tip
I never see this movie