European stereotypes in 1720-30

European stereotypes in 1720-30.

Other urls found in this thread:

de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Völkertafel_(Steiermark)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walser_German
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walhaz
m.youtube.com/watch?v=D_H-qAFv6Ag
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Translation

>mind
>wise

It says Muscovite instead of Russian, Turk or Greek instead of just Turk. Also it is Polish not "pole". Say it properly, you germ.

>tfw we were known for war
how times change

Well, they are the same as now r-right?

Everyone who isn't a retard knows that everyone was France's bitch for hundreds of years since the French race is the greatest

>Turk
>Bad habits: Even more treacherous

obviously butthurt germans made this chart

This is from a time where most Europeans thought Islam and Orthodox Christianity were the same religion and Turks, Greeks and Balkans were the same people.

t. québécois

you means since 1812

>Also it is Polish not "pole".
are you retarded ?

Seems like Hungarians dont change

shit, we were based as FUCK

It literally says "Turk or Greek".

>Türke oder Grieche

>Russian fashion
>furry
Russians confirmed earliest furfags?

>Turks, Greeks and Balkans were the same people.
E-ehm... Well they are the same people.

n-no

Russia is the best choose to be honest for playing.

>Implying they aren't literally the same people
Everything in that picture is still true to this day tbfh.

>Turks, Greeks and Balkans
>ehm... Well they are the same people.

>turk or greek
kek

The only thing still true to this day is arrogance of Germs. They literally didn't put a single bad trait for themselves.

>sweden
>traits: unrecognizable

Even worse.

>This is from a time where most Europeans thought Islam and Orthodox Christianity were the same religion
No. You're making this up.

Pic related is drawn by a patriotic Serb to portray their independence from Ottoman Empire. If you imply they had any difference from Turks other than the cross on that flag, you are a fucking retard. Even after removing thousands of Turkish words from their language they still use a rather Turkic vocabulary.

They are

>Turk
>Typical disease: Impotence
kek

See:

>englishman
>hero on the sea
mhmmmm

nice reddit crosspost

>Hungaians love to riot

Never change magyar fags

Nobody ever thought that Eastern Orthodox and Muslims were the same religion.

>Turk (or Greek)

le loanwords determine language relations

Serbian has far less Turkish words than English has French.

Well to be honest, my one bad habit is that I just work too hard

Were South Slavs ever ouiaboos the same way the Russians were?

This is from a time where they just stopped burning witches.

They had a lot of misconceptions.

Still holds true in our case

Because they removed tons of words during the rise of nationalism. Before 19th century, they were living under Ottomans for 500 years and had no difference from other ethnicities in Balkans. They were all mixed. You people are judging things by the changes in last 150 years.

Witch-burning didn't happen everywhere and it took place mostly in Early Modern times. Western Europeans never believed that the Orthodox were the same as Muslims. Catholics saw them as the estranged and oppressed separated "Greek" church and Protestants saw them as slightly different but more agreeable Catholics.

>english people are the same as french

>Drinking, drinking, death from drinking
They surprisingly did.

>poles, hungarians, and russians are the last bastions of wh*teness today

yeah and they still believed that the earth was flat and the moon made of cheese

>They were all mixed.

I doubt that, differences in religion prevented mixing

> the same way the Russians were
Less than 1% was speaking French here. Overall nobility was 2%, they were mostly provincial folks who lived in villages they used to own. They knew only Russian and some Church Slavonic.

We spaniards are the best

Under bad habits, it says "wastefulness" for the Germans. For some reason, this was translated as extravagant by the person who made that blue table.

>Seems like Hungarians dont change
Ayy lmao, it's true.

I'd argue however, that Frenchmen love riots more than us, after all, there's not a day that passes when there isn't a protest in Paris.

Although. I've watched old movies from the 1920's before. I noticed how people used the exact same tone of voice and mannerisms we have today. It made me suspicious. I'm pretty sure languages and culture are like a software. They come with their own set of advantages, patterns, and - dare I say, limitations. They influence individuals and nations as a whole in subtle ways, making them more likely to choose or avoid certain behaviors and paths in life.
It'd make sense that people won't change much in a couple of hundred years, since the "software" they're using is basically still the same. Thus history keeps repeating itself, despite record keepings and warnings of past mistakes.

Doesn't Russian have quite a few French loanwords?

Proves my point to a further level.

Extravagant works

>I am Turk or Greek
what is the word for Italian there?

This was created in Austria, Styria to be precise, during the time of some Anti-Habsburg uprising in Hungary. Probably explains the partly negative description of Hungarians.

de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Völkertafel_(Steiermark)

Since mass education that strted in 1914. There are more German then French I think.

Wälscher (same root as Welsh)

>Turkic vocabulary.
Ναι μαλάkα. Το λεξιλόγιο μας είναι ξένο. Γαμιέσαι εσύ kαι όλη η Πολωνία.

cool, thanks. I can't really read fraktur type sets so it comes down to guessing. Never heard of Wälscher before.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walser_German

>Never heard of Wälscher before.

The form Welsch still exists, though it is not used very frequently anymore. As far as I know, in Switzerland and Tyrol they still call local Italian and French-speakers Welsche.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walhaz

>Islam and Orthodox Christianity were the same religion and Turks, Greeks and Balkans were the same people.
Hmm? But that's true

Uhm but they arent much different even now

Why were 18th century Germs such Spainboos?

Germans in General are spainaboos.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=D_H-qAFv6Ag

Used to be a time when spaniards were some kind of "standard" for other europeans. For example in terms of fashion, literature and other arts. I dunno about sciences, but if I'm not wrong, one of your universities was one of the very first in accept and incorporate to your study programs the Copernic's heliocentrist theory.
Actually the first book of spanish gramatic was made in an attempt to promote the spanish language between foreigners, which also was one of the very first european languages on having a unified gramatic (the first if you don't count the cut languages, like greek or latin).

But I think all of this was before 1720,so probably the stereotype comes from past times, dunno what were you doing in that time

Spanish hegemony and decadence was fresh in the minds of people, also they had been linked for 2 centuries by the Habsburg monarchs.
I think Spain was top dog roughly from 1520 to 1640, but even after that when France was the biggest power, European politics in the west were largely based around the posessions of Spain, until they lost them with the end of the war of Spanish sucession in 1715.

Spain was the European hegemon from 1500-1800

All of what we said is part of the "spanish golden century", in the case you want to know more, polskanon

I too think there's merit in the Sapir-Whorf hypothesis.