This movie was amazing. The elevator scene is one of the best of all time. What are you honest thoughts on it?

This movie was amazing. The elevator scene is one of the best of all time. What are you honest thoughts on it?

It's okay. Well done but it didn't blow me away or anything. It's hard to pick apart since it so fucking simple narrative-wise but what's there is done well enough to make it a solid 8/10.

>it's okay
>8/10

mediocre movie. saging this shit.

>sage
>doesn't sage

Autism-kino to be honest

Drive is a shitty bland script elevated to the level of kino by the great direction.

cuck fantasy for cucks

Really wish it was me instead of her.

>my hands are a little dirty
>so am i

really? jesus christ.

The script really isn't very good, but the filmmaking style and the actors elevate it into something special. That elevator scene is great, and the whole police chase scene at the very beginning was flawless. Albert Brooks was the best part though

Me too

He imagines the whole thing.

In reality they just stand in awkward silence

It's not good

Watch actual films

loved it. i have driving gloves coming in the mail right now

pretty mediocre film, directed well though.

>okay
>8
kys Sup Forumseddit

Drive is yet anoher masterpiece from Nick Wild Refn

I went into it blind when I was just noticing the meme around here for the first time. The way it opens is fucking Refn kino. Love the getaway chase. I generally love all the action sequences, here's hoping he does more movies in this vein instead of vindictive bitches eating their own.

Refn doing another traditionally scripted pleb pleaser at this point would be a huge step backwards.

Thought that was Natalie Portman for a second there.

The bland script is actually a point in its favour when you interpret the film as a postmodern deconstruction of crime thriller tropes -- which it is.

Point is everything interesting about the film was brought to the table by Refn and you can very easily imagine the D grade schlock this film would have been if a normal director had made it.

It's not like Refn was handed a script. He and Amini worked together in adapting the novel -- and they cut almost everything out of it to make the plot as bare-bones and minimal as possible.

wait, i thought people just ironically talked about this movie because of how retarded it was.

Also, why did he want to be cucked with that scrawny blonde neighbor with a beaner kid when he could have run away with christina hendricks?

If I was the director, the last 45 minutes of the movie would have been the Goose goosing hendrick's fat ass and tits. but i guess that's why i don't make the big bucks

so it's like american psycho?

Drive was the last time I wholeheartedly enjoyed a film. Even the "good" films I've watched since then left me generally apathetic.

I don't even enjoy Drive anymore either if I rewatch it. I don't know if it's the depression or if I'm just too smart for movies now.

Lol, are you me? Watching Drive in the cinema in 2011 was one of my last "magical" cinema experiences. I think I became permanently jaded after the age of 19

>MUH PLOT

Neck yourself

I'm literally wearing his jacket right now not the scorpion jacket the other one

Literally me you guys

What do we do

>be me
>in theater
>watching final scene of drive
>a real hero starts playing
>the driver blinks
>suddenly a wave of euphoria rushes over me
>I reach to pop the collar on my scorpion jacket
>I realize that I haven't bought one yet because I didn't know about it until watching this film which isn't over yet
>wait until the the very last frame of the credits before leaving the cinema, which is standard patrician viewing procedure
>head out to the snacks counter
>qt and fat dude serving
>start sweating
>avoid qt and go up to fat dude
>ask for a couple of crabs legs to tape onto the back of my white polo
>he shakes his head and shoots me the look that the kids at school usually give me
>feel sick fury build deep from within my stomach
>go out to parking lot
>wait hours for his shift to be over, nearly pass out
>he finally heads over to his car
>it's a Chevy Impala
>the most popular car in the state of California
>no one will be looking at him
>or so he thinks
>wait until he gets in
>leap onto roof
>pull pants down
>try to unleash epic seafood turd
>forgot about the jumbo two liter coke consumed whilst watching the movie
>start pissing uncontrollably
>cargo shorts are completely drenched
>he starts the car
>tumble backwards off the roof
>land on my neck
>can't feel my body anymore
>bowels release themselves loudly
>onlooker runs up to me
>"What the fuck are you okay?"
>look her in the eye
>stare intensely whilst smirking in a cool way
>"I guess there truly are no clean getaways"

Keep watching the latest acclaimed movies and try to delude yourself into thinking you're impressed by what you're seeing.

He cucked the beaner, and he was never going to raise the beaner kid.