You are a casting director tasked with picking an actress for the role of Motoko Kusanagi for the upcoming Ghost in the...

You are a casting director tasked with picking an actress for the role of Motoko Kusanagi for the upcoming Ghost in the Shell movie.

Who do you pick?

Other urls found in this thread:

economist.com/news/business/21693591-hollywood-studios-can-no-longer-bank-pulling-power-famous-actors-fading-stars
youtube.com/watch?v=ARTLckN9e7I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

literally who on the left hasn't been in any movies that earned a billion dollars, i want money give me money money money money oy vey

Olivia Thirlby of Dredd 3D fame

that asian chick from pacific rim

the one that's most likely to guarantee good box office

A hot blonde bimbo with big tits and a thick ass.

why is this board nothing but faggots wanting their shit career waifus to replace other waifus

Some Japanese chick, and the movie would be in Japanese. There, already better than what this shit is going to end up as.

I would pick her. Fuck American jew actresses.

We want good movies, waifus are just a bonus

Antje is happier making German films. She gets to have sex scenes and meet cute guys.

Beat me to it

no idea. i never saw the cartoon

;_;

Antje has resting bitch face. Wouldn't work as the face of a blockbuster, let alone a protagonist.

Her smile just lightens up the room though.

>We want good movies
>replace this capeshit actress with my favorite capeshit actress instead
Watch film or stick to imd/v/

DELETE THIS

she has like 4 stunt doubles, she's short and chubby
true

Does anyone have that picture of ScarJo all in black looking like Donald Duck?

If I'm in charge then I'm obviously a Jew and would therefore give the role to a fellow Jew. Anyone who claims that is nepotism is anti-Semitic.

I've never actually seen Ghost in the Shell in any shape or form. Why should I care which non-Japanese actress plays this Japanese-sounding character from this Japanese cartoon?

The qr from 'into the badlands'. Motoko is an android, no pronlem if she has a body of a 19 year old.

>Antje has resting bitch face

Perfect for Kusanagi then.

have autism

> Ally Ioannides

sound like Leonidas, a true leader, and she's ann Ally

Rosamund Pike. She's not perfect and would need CGI on her wrinkles but
>very expressive actor without overtly showing emotion (Gone Girl)
>willing to lose weight and workout for the role
>Motoko has a certain dignity and way she carries herself in contrast to how her beauty makes her an object for others. Rosamund fits the bill

ScarJo is a huge miss because of her acting skills and meme looks that have now faded entirely with age. Having a person that looks a lot like Motoko matters less than having a person who has the poise, striking looks, and physical discipline to pull off the role.
2000s era Nicole Kidman or Naomi Watts would have KILLED as the major. ScarJo is a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader in a role for a Bolshoi ballet dancer.

She really had that mannequin-like artificial look to her features. Shame about her accent. If she didn't have it and had applied for this casting then who knows what could have happened.

She can barely fucking speak English.

too old

>wanting an english speaker

the qt asian from suicide squad

post more

so Arnold Schwarzenegger, and he plays as robot really well.

antje traueueueueueueue

>Some Japanese chick
>for a character that doesn't look at all Japanese
>and is a robot, so you could cast Idris Elba as Kusanagi
>but not muh grorious nippon cartoons!

>dem perky nips in the top middle panel
Lewd!

I had one where she was really sweaty too but I don't know where it went

"Some Japanese chick" is better than "Some doughy Jew"

Batou and the Major.

Think about it. They have chemistry together, they have the right look. Rooney can play a robot flawlessly because she is already autistic, Craig can play the flawed hardass and has the acting chops and presence to add a new layer of complexity to Batou without overshadowing the major.

They have enough starpower to bring people to see the movie but aren't superstars so the script doesn't have to revolve around them unlike Scarjo, and we could have an actual movie because there wouldn't have to be so much forced focus on the leading lady.

Prove me wrong.

The Jewish one, not the evil goy who personally gassed sextillion innocent jews in the shoah

I can't prove you wrong.
This would work.

When I think ghost in the shell I think twinkie or M&M's so totally on the right

Seth Rogan.

You could earn a living doing that shit user

We need more trans actresses in major Hollywood roles. Anyone who disagrees can go back to Sup Forums.

Of course it would.

Eww, no.
She is a military grade cyborg and probably designed by the fictional equivalent of NorthrupGruman or Boston Dynamics. She is supposed to stand out in an Asian populace as something alien.

literally manface.

not perfect, but i cant say i will do that near as good.

I have only seen the first unedited GitS animated film.

Is any other feature worth giving it a go? No tv series please.

Why no TV series?

the 2nd movie I guess.

just watch the second movie, or the original manga if you're desperate for more. everything else is just a cash in on the brand name.

>You are a casting director tasked with picking an actress who will make the producers lots of money so you can continue working. Who do you pick?

jaw is completely different pham

And Scarjo has no jaw, so what's your point?

>someone got paid to grab her boob

Why does this board love manfaces so much?

Big names matters less and less in movies and Scarlet has destroyed her brand with capeshit.

girl from Mission Impossible 5

you live in a bubble if you think the general public will see this movie based on knowing what it's about or being knowledgeable of the manga source material.
nope.
they'll see it only b/c the once saw a movie with her in it and remembered liking it.

Imagine if once, just fucking [i]once[/i] this century someone would make a film with a blockbuster budget that was designed purely to be good rather than all this self-sabotaging marketing bullshit.

Elon Musk needs to stop playing around with getting people to Mars and focus on what humanity really needs right now.

Jessica Biel?

I'm sold

Scarlett Johansson.

She's in mommy mode now. Which for Japanese women usually means a fuckin 10-year hiatus.

whichever one would sleep with me

That's why it will flop no matter who is cast. But ScarJo won't help it.
economist.com/news/business/21693591-hollywood-studios-can-no-longer-bank-pulling-power-famous-actors-fading-stars

Eeeeeeeeeeeh I like her but I don't think she has the presence to pull off a Major. Who knows though.

This is the correct answer.

someone who's going to bring in the biggest profit

Scarlett Johanssen

her.You simply CANNOT find someone more fitting

source? (is that a good scifi flick?)

Ughhh, you're half wrong. The internals are top of the line combat augs, but the external shell is meant to blend in with pleasure models and such.

youtube.com/watch?v=ARTLckN9e7I

Notice how we see 3 Motoko style cyborgs(maybe one's an android) juxtaposed by mannequins at the end. A big part of the movie is identity and what defines that.

faorah is ok but i think quorra its better

>ctrl + f
>no MEW

disappointed desu

I like Antje Traue, but her rather square jaw wouldn't fit the character's original depictions. Kusanagi needs to be played by someone with a rather triangular (yet still ANGULAR) face.
same problem here

This boys

Fuck the Major more importantly why isn't Ron Perlman cast as Batou?

>Antje
>Olivia Wilde
>MEW
>etc
TOO OLDS

only good answer is

doing cgi on her job would have been easier than slimming down scarjo boddy with cgi xd

shes too good for this shit senpai
and by shit i mean cashgrab adaptations
i don't really have anything against gits

>She is supposed to stand out in an Asian populace as something alien.

Eurasians do stand out as alien in Japan

She's a shit actress who looks like a bug. Terrible choice and you should be ashamed of yourself.

He's way too old now. 15 years ago he would've been the fuckin ONLY logical choice though.

>a a german playing a jap for an American audience

>she will never beat me into a bloody, broken mess

Nicki Minaj

Antje could've played Wondie. What a missed opportunity.

>What a missed opportunity.
Couldn't you say that about almost any actress in the case of cast Wonder Woman?