What are your thoughts on the practice and culture of speedrunning video games?

What are your thoughts on the practice and culture of speedrunning video games?

Attached: GDQLogo.jpg (436x238, 86K)

I enjoy the gameplay and appreciate the effort and time put in those game to reach the skill level required to achieve a good run.

Having said that, I really have a problem with the "speedrun community" because is composed by a bunch of trans loving faggots, autistic retards and greasy fucking nerds with no sense of humor.

bump

I couldn't have said it better.

Degenerates. All of them.

Attached: DTkkq0TU8AAZOUE.jpg (1200x675, 126K)

I'm sure the practise of speedrunning and the incidence rate of Autism are correlated

THIS
The fun has really gone out of GDQs the last few years once these dickchoppers got involved. Look back to 2012-2013 and you see a bunch of nerdy fucks having fun and playing vidya.
I want to know which one of you faggots was spamming the chat talking shit about the trannies so i can buy you a beer.
>AGDQ 2018; no real fun,no real girls

Attached: boned.jpg (500x400, 26K)

I am pretty meh on speedrunning. Like, I'll watch a WR run for a fairly non-long game just to see how it was done. But I never understand people who watch someone TRY to speedrun. How the fuck it's entertaining to see someone try to glitch the same thing over and over is beyond me.

Other than that? I don't speedrun myself and I don't care about people who do.

>only have so many hours on this earth
>spend thousands and thousands of them playing the same game over and over to see if you can save 2 seconds doing this, or 4 seconds doing that, for an arbitrary record no one actually gives a shit about unless you're doing GDQ
I feel sorry for Speedrunners more than anything. A definite sense of pity.

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Huh? What do you mean?

I hope you get run over by a shuttle

Can you explain why? I don't understand.

boi i can't help yo dumbass

Cheers for illuminating that for me. Have a nice day.

It's no worse than spending countless hours trying to run 100 meters a fraction of a second faster, or jump a few millimeters higher, or throw a ball through a net.

you too my man

Attached: 1520229092070.png (339x319, 197K)

>Hm,,,,he was behind?

Attached: tc3o1mp8jf54254450000000.jpg (473x558, 26K)

There is some real life practical application to outdoor sports. At least it gets you out into the fresh air away from a computer display.

>starts thread about speedrunning
>uses GDQ pic
>doesnt know the finest moments in GDQ history

Attached: shhhhhhh.jpg (757x737, 42K)

They clearly need to do some awkward jumping jacks

Yeah I don't feel bad about that one bit. I know enough to make the tread.

So does every 12 year old with internet access. Congrats.

Attached: huffin.jpg (533x400, 186K)

Check em

Check me. Kek

Yeah? And?

It's a thread with a simple question. Nothing wrong with that? The same goes for the majority of the threads running on Sup Forums right now. I don't share your anger right now.

it would be nice if you knew anything about the subject you posted about in order to engage others in conversation
posting a question and following it up with more benign questions makes for a shitty thread

I do know enough about the subject I posted about. Also, I'm more about collecting opinions on the matter. I don't know why you are so butthurt. I suspect it's because you are into speedrunning and dislike people displaying negative opinions on the matter like in this thread.

Good luck "collecting opinions" then. Since i guess you didnt read what i typed before, i'll try again; you need to be engaging and have your own opinion in order to have a decent thread, regardless of subject. A sense of humor helps, too, but thats definitely not your area of expertise.

What are you talking about? I don't need tips in creating a successful thread. I got what I came for already. Some additional insight into how people on Sup Forums view speedrunning. I'm perfectly content dude. I don't share your anger at all. Check yourself.

jesus christ why are you trying to pick an internet fight with this guy you fucking dweeb. Not that OP isn't a fag, by any means.

WHO Cares , get a Girl in your life ans stop Gaming all day, fag

is it really the community, or just the GDQ PR/officials pushing for transshit and nofun?

because he made a shitty thread

Watching that now coincidentally.

Lots of bad trannys and autism.
Enjoy the content mostly.

Couldn't you try to make it less shitty then or sage your posts?

Perfect comment

Attached: hector ding ding.jpg (600x338, 29K)

I think it's a mix of PR/officials and nerdy beta faggots scared of expressing their concerns. The worst thing it could happen to one of those fags is losing their "spot" at the next shitty GDQ, so they stay low. GDQ is already infiltrated by the mentally ill in the higher levels so there's nothing they can do about it anyway.

The only thing they can do is start from scratch, build another community, and so on, but that's highly unlikely at this point.

I like speedrunning. Fuck gdq it's a bunch of autistic cuck sellouts

Mentally ill who throw good inheritance/disability after bad, donating to charity as an insulator against scrutiny.

fpbp