Writing a villain and struggling with motive. Give me some ideas for good villain motives...

Writing a villain and struggling with motive. Give me some ideas for good villain motives. Whether it be psychology or material. Just throw em at me! Thanks Sup Forumsros

Attached: horny-devil-mandy-muse-03.jpg (1064x1600, 274K)

Protagonist bullied him in high school.

Villain isn't actually a villain, because when you look at all the retarded people around him, you can understand why he dedicates his life to putting them all in a gulag.

Attached: 1482121183225.jpg (1280x720, 97K)

A deep, heartfelt desire to end death as we know it, creating true immortality because everyone they had known and loved was murdered/died from disease.

So now they perform inhuman experiments to test the limits of the human body, trying to develop the answer to death by slaughtering thousands, because to them, the ends justify the means.

Sexually assualted as a teen

How about a villian who drops bags of crazy RC's like 25-i or a DOX in the street in the hood where crack heads or school kids will pick them up. The rest writes itself.

Attached: a4ofn9.jpg (187x221, 28K)

What scale are we talking? Like blowing up the world or bullying the protag in highschool?

Any more context? Or just looking for general ideas? I like the whole noble cause but doing it evil type thing.

>So..He was behind of it...

Attached: u55c5mjgv9822543245000000.jpg (820x416, 37K)

having identity crisis. thinks he's a she. takes it out on everyone else. society is to blame.

>become the god emperor and slaughter heretics to accelerate humanities progress into the space era

Attached: 1513662485096.jpg (768x473, 62K)

these three work well together

The villain OP'd on Sup Forums, got called a fag, then shot up a school.

I have two villains. One is a supervillain, an anarchist, bent on tearing society apart. And the other is a post apocalyptic survivor, a former politician that's been corrupted by the end of the world. I have a basic idea for their motives, but would love outside opinions! Loving the suggestions so far!

Attached: jennifer-lawrence-goes-fully-naked-15.jpg (1000x800, 85K)

Exactly. Shit like that gets me rock solid.

Attached: 1DA01062-2C2E-423C-A12C-8DA1EBB98DBE.jpg (618x412, 50K)

Attached: 1476308759982.png (752x587, 366K)

They think that they are trapped in a simulated reality and that the only way to escape is to render it useless to the people running it by destroying everything in it, killing their chosen one, spray painting dicks on every surface, etc.

neo without help from the real world, but they can't kill him, because he is also their chosen one. so instead of killing himself he sets simulated reality ablaze

Genuine insanity. Not like [Mwuhahaha, I will rule the world!] insanity, but [thinks there are mind-control-spiders in everyone's heads and that setting of this special radiation bomb in the city will kill all the spiders while leaving the people unharmed] insanity

i think there's a comic about that. man creates machine that kills all babies, because fuck it. but babies were infested by space aliens the day before, so he's awarded for saving the world

They were filming a prank for their youtube channel and it got a bit out of hand.

They took his tendies

As told from the perspective of one of the surviving SWAT guys, driven partly by revenge and partly because this psycho ninja guy needs to be put down.

>they kill off his waifu
>becomes president
>wages war on japan
>wins
>anime gets rewritten
>she best girl now
>barron trump 2024

Being bad just feels good.
Gets them what they want and other people hate them but want to be like them. Thirst for power and control. Look at Chopper

They are a god-like being from a higher plane of reality doing a LARP.

This sounds really cool. I want to read it.

want to use both in the same story?

1. Someone who used to be good and innocent, but got completely broken by the cruelty and injustice of the world.
2. Someone who was always different or special than most people around him, and that caused him to never become emotionally attached to people.
3. Someone who believes that the end always justifies the means no matter what. As a twist here, the goal can be altruistic.
4. Someone who has been led to that position simply by a chain of events. As a twist it could be random events, or the consequences of other minor actions.
5. Someone who seeks vengeance/punishment on a wrongdoing outside of the socially established.
6. Someone mentally ill who takes pleasure in the suffering of others.
7. Someone who assumes the responsibility of doing a necessary evil, which no one else would do. The twist here, is that if there is knowledge of this the villain usually becomes a hero.
8. Someone who has special/secret knowledge about something, and tries to prevent it/take advantage of it.

There are more archetypes. Tell me if you need more or if you got any inspiration from these. I also enjoy discussing these things.

No they're two different stories, maybe part of the same universe though?¿

Meruem from Hunter x hunter 2011

>parents were murdered right in front of him
>now he stalks the night and beats up people
>with a bat
>he's the man with a bat

sauce?

He was a low-level criminal who was killed and spent the next thousand years being tortured in hell.
The devil made him a deal: He would be allowed to roam the Earth once more if he was able to meet an Evilness Quota.
He doesn't really enjoy throwing babies in wood chippers but it beats going back to hell.
If he could find a way to stay on Earth without having to do this stuff then he would.

>setting is a vegan world
>really peacefull, no war, no gang violence, no school shootings
>some guy eats meat
>they can't do shit, because they don't do violence
>then he starts to like human meat
>absolute gore fest

Mandy Muse ;-)

It makes them lots and lots of money.

You'll find the best villains aren't actual villains at all, just heroes on the opposite side.
Find out what your heroes/protagonist is working against, and find a hero for the other side.
Try writing from the other point of view for a while, build up the other side, and their hero. That way when the final fight comes, the reader is invested in both characters, and theirs no "Good vs Evil" trope.

Attached: 2DD0F3B.jpg (1600x1200, 107K)

decide what happened to him before you decide how he should feel about it
that's the real motive, not how he responds to it