Why do people hate on this movie again?

Why do people hate on this movie again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GRV_Mfgv3QU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's shit and superman is for children

Give me one good reason on why it's shit?

Learn what a question mark is used for.
Henry Cavill is a bad actor and the story was terrible.

That's two reasons. Now fuck off.

Fuck off with your meme.

It's very unrealistic.

I liked it, it was much better than that piece of garbage that is batman vs super man

MoS is a pleb filter with a built-in manchild detector. BvS is the master class that separates the red-pilled from the iron-pilled.

Too masculine

After BvS I came to understanding that this is best DC movie since Dark Knight. Maybe even better, because Nolan can't into action and story of DK made from plotholes from beginning to end. MoS has only few. Overcolorcorrection and film noise are bigger troubles of that movie than story and acting.

Because they are low test numales

I think it's pretty great. BVS is indefensible though

The world engine sound effect is goat

MoS is actually decent action movie and one of the best capeshit ever. But fucking terrible adaptation.

it's a masterpiece alongside with bvs

Most people dont hate this movie, its mainly the critics.

Film critics are generally lefties who think that Snyder is not progressive enough.
He tends to make films that are violent, destructive and masculine which do not connect with the numale critics.

Man of Steel is unironically my favourite 'superhero' movie (its more science fiction and conveys themes that are beyond the ant-scrotum sized brain of capeshit).

Which is hilarious, considering one of the themes is rejecting intolerance and fanaticism.

All this plebs liking Hack Snyder just because muh "deepness" and muh jebuz references.

Please, go back to l*ddit

I find it amusing that retards on this board attempt to link Snyder's superhero films to masculine strength and machismo when Snyder's "man of steel" is the most whiny, passive aggressive little bitch of any comic book or screen interpretation of the character

People are afraid of what they don't understand

It's not about deepness, it's about movie, that you can actually see and enjoy. Not suffering through lack of light and overused shaky cam like in BvS.

>perfect actor to play Superman who acts like Clark irl
>perfect actor to play Batman who acts like Bruce irl
>Director who thinks superheroes with great ideals are stupid and muh edge is deep

I'm still surprised critics liked overall Nolan's batman trilogy considering how right wing it was.

They don't understand kinos

>zod
>opening scenes
>based crowe
>beautiful shots
>world engine battle
>smallville battle
>music
>creepy zods message
>faora
>superman theme

Fuck this movie was awesome

It's not marvel so it's a bad guy movie

Thank you. It's taken me some time to decide, but I think I prefer MoS over BvS, but mainly because it's more tightly focused.

This is Kino you fucking tasteless apes

Superman kills upwards of 1000 people in the movie.
This "new" fucking generation of superhero movies where the heroes end up killing countless people is so fucking frustrating
Directors are so fucking retarded. Batman kills people in BvS which completely destroys his character
Supes kills people which takes away one of his easily written character points, his honor, to make him more likable
Spidey inadvertently ends up killing multiple people his his movies
It's fucking retarded and it needs to stop
Wolverine killing people is fine. Punisher killing people is fine. The XMen/Avengers inadvertently killing people is less fine, but still okay because their threats are usually world ending and that whole greater good shit.
But Supes, Batman, and Spidey should never kill people because it's
IN THEIR POWER/ABILITIES NOT TO
and
RUINS THEIR CHARACTER WHEN THEY DO

Absolute horseshit

How was the threat Superman faced n MoS any less than world-ending?

The script is fucking awful

I think the problem is that it's only "alright" at best. It never really becomes anything more than a slightly pretentious capeshit movie that also happens to destroy 90% of a city.

Because he's capable of taking the fight to a safer location but never once does
Zod was only focused on him
Supes could have kept the fight in the cornfield
Supes could have flown into the atmosphere
Supes could have stayed away from the main city
But instead he flies through buildings, blows up gas stations, and fucking destroys everything
It's terrible.
Xmen aren't capable of moving the fights to different areas, but Supes 100% is and he just doesn't.

>evolution always wins!

cringed IRL

Did DKR ruin Superman's character? He maims Green Arrow, fights the U.S.'s war in Corto Maltese, and just generally compromises his principles by acting as a tool of the government.

He'd also been Superman for about two days, fighting opponents with superior training and tech.

Pretty much this

Cashgrabs that they are, capeshit flicks shouldn't strive to create a good narrative or distinct characterisation, i would rather prefer that they simply replicated a comic issue word for word, frame for frame. After all they exist to make the social outcasts to feel embraced and accepted. Like, when you have a legit fullblown autism, sperg out with and without a reason and have zero points to connect on with your relatives. Now a person like that can speak for several hours into deaf ears and feel genuine connection with them afterwards. Capeshit is basically autism awareness program and should stick to that.

>Xmen aren't capable of moving the fights to different areas, but Supes 100% is and he just doesn't.
Xmen are trained profeccionals. Sups TRAINED ON A FARM.

He also ignores the fact that he was in no position to lead the fight anywhere. Faora had already figured out that they could use the fact that he cares for his adopted people against him.

In other words, he flies off, and they just go on an unchecked rampage against the military and any civilians they run across until he comes back to fight them.

It's the country music of cinema

>Did DKR ruin Superman's character?
Yes, Frank Miller never liked Superman

you're a stupid nerd

>Directors are so fucking retarded. Batman kills people in BvS which completely destroys his character

not true

gives another dimension and depth to the character. The extremely boy scoutish, "I will resurrect the joker because killing a mass murdering psycopath is WRONG" is one of the most stupid rendition of the characters. And you are stupid in focusing too much on that very stupid and idiotic part of the character.

2kino4u

I honsestly can't tell if you're being sarcastic or defending autism; therefore masterfully done, user.

>kino
Why don't you use the actual words for it? or do you not know a thing about film to know what you're posting?

And I contend that Snyder's team likes them both, and understands the medium and the lore at least as well.

Do you have true color version?

don't argue with idiots. These people are very stupid, smelly, and they are too invested in the stupid comic books they have read to see

I don't know if you are familiar with the stupid extremes of the batman doesn't kill stuff. Like once batman resurrected the joker, because he was killed by robin, so that robin wouldn't feel like a murderer. In the gritty arkham knight game a moral choice involve deciding if letting a cult of ninja resurrecting razor al ghul or not, and batman has to fight his conscience because not ressurecting some one is murder

I mean it's idiotical, it's stupid shit, the lame hack comic book writer took this no killing stuff to idiotic extremes, and idiots here can't go past that

one thing is edgelord character, another thing entirely is never blowing up evil mercenaries no matter how high are the stakes or being conflicted over ressurecting dead mass murderers

calm down splerglord, we all can't be movie connoisseur like you, going on butthurt rants posturing about how much he knows about movies, i bet you have a lot of friends and are very popular

no sorry

>lets father die
>no joy in being superman
>like an unwilling hero
>if it's a chore for superman to save ppl it's a chore to watch him
>big metal spiders
>that ugly meme bitch that keeps getting posted here despite having no career
>omg I killed zod, let's cry and shout
>lois lane terrible
>superman has a fucking bodycount in this movie, wow

kys

dat cutting through the cloud

>literally admits he has no fucking clue about cinema
Holy shit

Not him, but I will. They're misunderstood masterpieces. They're even using the color palette to tell their story. Watch how it expands over the course of the films. Compare MoS's look to the Nolan trilogy, now internalize the fact that they dropped a neophyte Superman into a world that's already had the Batman's entire career arc and retirement.

Bonus round: try not to think about what that's saying in the metanarrative.

bvs was an improved dark knight returns where superman is an actual character and not a pathetic henchman thrown in to show batman as a pure power fantasy

probably it was also the right decision to not have the bat suit emulate fully superman power level. Just a clumsy expensive armor that gets wrecked a few minutes in

Oh God, I know. That whole scene, honestly.

bvs and dkr are different beasts imho

If you're triggered into irrational extreme anger over random buzzwords often enough at random anonymous strangers on the internet and act like a douche who's above it all, posturing about your superiority in lol movies, this will make up for your intense social alienation, spectrum disorder and beta status in real life and help you overcompensate for the crushing daily loneliness.

kino kino kino

>this plebeian mongoloid rambling
You don't know either. This is actually fucking hilarious. Have you ever seen a VA film that wasn't from Snyder? I bet you have, but your lack of cinematic IQ doesn't let you recognize just that

They are, although BvS does have some of the same themes. They're sort of switched out though, with it being Superman's heroism that inspires Bruce this time around. They even both end with the inspirational figure "dead."

Look at it ladies and gentlemen and take a good long whiff. The insecurity of the plebeian in broad daylight. Completely dazed from my last post he immediately tries to get personal and project his empty pleb life onto mine (just as i anticipated in my previous post).

Awful dialogue and casting choices, not enough saturation, bad CGI, and poor attempts at humor.

So that's your answer? Deflection and snobbery? Answer this question - to what end is the color palette expanding over the course of the series?

Not him but wtf does this color autism have to do with anything?

Maybe if you say pleb a few more times the butthurt of getting btfo won't be so obvious as you desperately get bitch slapped by everyone ITT and frantically reply hoping to save face.

everytime I walk into sunlight, this scene comes to mind and i cant help but imitate it. i love MoS.

If i list off the why the myriad color palette for your favorite superhero movie is complete garbage will you stop liking it? Of course you won't. I won't waste my time and everyone else's. What you mean by engage in discussion with you is ''Why don't you agree with me ;__;''. If i engaged and curbstomped you thoroughly i would receive a swift retarded rebuttal full of insults (just like that one) because that's all plebeians like yourself can do when faced with people like me

My ''elitism'' (as the insecure state so oft) is merely inherent from my ciniphilic nature and want for a better board with a better community. I mean not to startle and insult those below me, but one must pave the path ahead with the blood of the common man. And that is you

Try IMDb, after you fail to kill yourself like you fail everything else in your pitiful life

It's commentary on how Superman's presence and public knowledge of his existence is changing a drab, Nolan-esque world that's ostensibly "real" back into the sort of place where mythic heroes can live and breathe. In other words, it's commenting on how we, by insisting our heroes be more like us, have robbed them of their power to inspire, robbed them of their magic.

We keep insisting that their world be more like ours when we should instead be insisting that our world be more like theirs.

You're not alone.

Look at you, pleb. You're already sperging at the seems. I find it adorable how personal you get when i attack your pleb mind

So that's all you have? Evasion? You're not only a snob, but a coward as well. I suppose it protects the illusion of your wholly unwarranted intellectual superiority.

woah

>LET THEM DROWN SON
>I DONT OWE THESE PEOPLE ANY SHIT CLARK, FUCK EM
>DEAD HORSES, I HEAR THEM, IS IT INSPIRE YOU ENOUGH SON?
God, Kents were trully horrible people in snyderverse. It's not wondering that Clark is such an edgelord.

Psssshh

>Ben and cavill will never raw dog your ass

No homo

Look at all that insecurity from an iqlet who has been curbstomped by somebody with a higher understanding of cinema than he does. You wanna change that? Watch more films

first thing off the top of my head:

the opening sequence on planet krypton is over 20 mins long. just to establish the planet was destroyed but superman and zod are still alive. that whole part was huge pile of shit.

also why the fuck did they send zod and his bozos into outer space? why didnt they just lock them in those penis icicles and then let them die with the rest of the planet? it made absolutely zero sense even for a movie about superman.

>visit church to see some nu-male priest instead of his fucking kryponian father who would explain how to defeat Zod easily
Well, MoS is good movie for capeshit, but the whole concept is retarded from the begining

why does superman have to break the fucking sound barrier every time he flies in this movie.

like he tells lois to "stand back. further" just so he can fly away without obliterating her eardrums. you're fucking superman dude, exercise some control.

I thought it was a pretty good movie. I went into it expecting it to be total shit, like the previous ones. I wasnt disappointed. Might actually watch that again when i get home.

Insistence of knowledge without a shred of proof does not a "curbstomp" make, friend.

Watch this.

I'm vastly more intelligent, creative, and knowledgable than you. I know that cracks your fragile ego, but sometimes one must needs offend to educate. To edify, ofttimes one must snatch away the warm blanket of complacency and plunge the student into the cold, clarifying stream of knowledge.

Notice the absolute vacuum of knowledge following that platitude? That's your vapid ass.

The opening sequence is to drive home the importance of the Codex in Kryptonian society. It was a brand new addition to Superman lore, and one of great, if subtle, importance.

Zod was literally retarded and evil for no reason.

Instead of living alongside humans as gods, he decided to poison the planet that gives him superpowers so his kids won't be momentarily uncomfortable before becoming indestructible.

Hey Zod, maybe if you want Superman on your side, don't show him this vision of drowning in human skulls.

That's because Zod is a fundamentalist zealot. To him, the only future is the past.

They were in denial about the planet, no one believed Jor El until it was too late. They sent them to the phantom zonwle, not space.

A pathetic rebuttal born from intimidation like this makes nobody look good, princess. Keep going though, i'm grinning ear to ear. After you've fucked your sister and came back to Sup Forums, make sure you make a thread about how Welles is the best director of all time.

His cry after killing Zod is fine.

After wondering about his origins for years he meets members of his own race and in that moment of killing Zod he realizes he's alone in the universe. The last of his species. (except for supergirl I guess, but he doesn't know about her yet)

Clark was literally retarded and edgy for reason tho

Instead of visiting Jor-El to find out who is Zod and how to defeat him, he goes to church to have meaningless conversation with men who don't know shit.

Clark simply killed few thousands people and destroyed half of the city because he is fucking stupid just like his redneck suicidal father here.

Guardians of the Galaxy is for the adults, high-five!

you dont need a fucking 20+ action setpiece to establish this idea

>son, everything you need to know about being a super human god is right here on this flash drive

I think it could be better to see 10-15 minutes of peaceful life on Krypton instead of that shit. We really don't care about this planet and Kal's parents because we don't know shit about them and how they lived.

Geez get a room.

He did take him into space, Zod beat him back down.

I really liked MoS

The only thing I disliked was the removal of the crystals, really one of the greatest alien aesthetics which was done well in Superman Returns removed for this grim dark "organic" aesthetic which felt out of place, didnt hate it - would have loved crystals though

>tfw greatest scene of Superman Returns axed

youtube.com/watch?v=GRV_Mfgv3QU

Zod embodies all religious zealotry.

He is the fundamentalist Christian cherrypicking from his book to support his own political agenda(the Codex and the "degenerative" bloodlines).

He is the radical Islamist who wants to use his book to resurrect the glory of his culture's past, even if it means genocide.

He is even the Jew, rejecting the "Word made flesh" and what it represents.