I got really drunk and when I woke up my toe was like this. Even the slightest movement or pressure realllly hurts...

I got really drunk and when I woke up my toe was like this. Even the slightest movement or pressure realllly hurts. Do you think it's broken? Should I even bother with the doc? Should I wrap it up with the other toe?

Attached: IMG_20180326_065810288.jpg (2448x3264, 1.7M)

U sure it's not gout fam?

Gout? Doesn't that came from eating a lot of organ meat?

Pretty sure I kicked a door frame. Thank God I dont remember.

Nah you get it from drinking to

Well I did do a lot of that last night.

But I looked up pics of gout, looks like it's more red and swollen than this.

nah you're fine. It's just diabeetus so you'll lose a toe or two.

Attached: diabeetus.jpg (519x519, 20K)

Should I wrap it? Thankfully I'm off work the next couple of days because limping around trying to keep my toe off of the ground is difficult.

If I lose that nail I'll post pics for you faggots.

NORDKEKS BTFO.

If broken, go to doctor, and get x-ray

If gout:

1. Go to doctor
2. Ask for Uric Acid Blood test
3. Ask for Indomethacin (get generic brand, its cheaper)

4. Next day, get results from doctor
5. He will give you Allopurinol prescription (again, get generic brand, its cheaper)

None of these drugs have patent on them anymore, so there are cheaper generic versions which are identical to the original brand.

6. Take one tablet of allopurinol a day

Not gout, not broken. Just a hit. Wait and go do something else instead of looking at that

Man I don't want it to be broken.

You guys I don't have gout. You can see the bruise on the second toe from whatever I kicked.

Tape it to the next one. Advil and ice.

Ask for Indomethacin anyway

Its a strong pain killer, especially if you havent used it before, and not addictive

>strong pain-killer
>not addictive
Pick one retard

Just get drunk again user! derrr!! Problem solved!

That sounds awesome. But do you think I can avoid the doc altogether?

Let me suck it til it feels better

Yes, it needs to be seen and x-rayed. If there is a fracture of the distal phalanx it needs to be immobilised properly for a few weeks. Your big toe is really important for walking and if a fracture heals in poor alignment you can be left with a lot of issues with chronic pain.

It very very rarely needs surgical intervention though.

Uric acid levels are often normal during an acute attack. You usually need multiple attacks in a year to warrant the side effects of allopurinol. Also if he were to start allopurinol so soon during an acute attack it would make the condition worse. And finally indomethacin has a worse GI profile than naproxen or diclofenac, so generally isn't the first option.

All in all, terrible advice.

No.

source: Emergency department doctor who also previously worked in orthopaedics.

You're the expert. I'm going to wait til this hangover passes. If my toe hasn't improved markedly by tomorrow I'll call the doc.

Even if it’s broken there’s not a real lot you can do to help broken toes. Just take it easy in that foot for a bit

Second that. I'd broken lots of toes. If it's straight, notHing more to do, except maybe tape to the next toe over, but that's typically worse actually.

If not straight, prepare for pain, and pull that fucker straight to set right.

10/10 third world medicine. Great advice for a life of chronic pain and reduced mobility.

This is what broken looks like. Didn't do anything, healed on it's own in about 4 weeks.

Attached: Broken.jpg (1280x960, 431K)

It's not gout. Probably not even broken, just bruised. Let it rest and heal for a week or two. You can by painkiller cream for the pain.