Why do Americans mostly drive automatic transmission cars? We call them girls overhere

Why do Americans mostly drive automatic transmission cars? We call them girls overhere.

Attached: gaycar-volkswagen-600x450.jpg (600x450, 85K)

*yawn*

Why do you care what we drive?
Obsessed much?

They are too gay to drive a real manly car.

IDK that a manual transmission makes a car any more or less girly

I drive a manual transmission eco sedan that has 120 something hp, my first after nothing but a series of automatic v8 full size trucks.... which is more manly?

Attached: 2015-ford-focus-se-ecoboost-bear-mountain-state-park-ny-may-2015_100510542_m.jpg (640x426, 115K)

I'm not american and have never driven an automatic, but why wouldn't you want that? It's just easier to drive.

I mean, you're retarded if you can't drive a stick shift, but you're also retarded if you're afraid of automatic.

Because it makes traffic a little bit more bearable without having to manually shift back n forth back n fourth then back and forth

Automatics are cheaper to make here in the US because they're more plentiful. Automatics are also better for emissions and fuel economy because the computer can shift at the most optimal points.

I'm assuming you're European, so the commute you make to work is probably 3 times shorter than the average American's, so fuel economy becomes more important to us. Automatics are also more convenient, since the average American is multitasking in the car, the automatic transmission saves them one more thing to worry about.

That's not to say American's don't know how to drive stick, a large chunk of us do, and many more people drive Assisted Manual or Manumatics, so we like our gears, we just can't afford them on our grocery getters.

Attached: 823418476ec5fd3bc0b9709b0c1069c1.jpg (196x225, 9K)

they like their cars like they like their rifles

/thread

Taking bate. Can drive anything on earth fuck near.

Pic related is automatic and will monster truck rally over 6 speed 4 pingers.

Attached: images (56).jpg (259x194, 10K)

Attached: dYZKBeX.png (224x225, 16K)

That's just a fag truck.

After WW2 auto companies were pumping out tons of automatics, so they came in vogue because soldiers were using them. It's a lot like why we dress like slobs all the time.

Gr8 b8 m8

For whatever reason, they don't sell here. I've been in the car business my whole life. I worked for Audi and later Porsche for my career. As an example, in 2013 I ordered a 2013 Audi A4 in manual for myself. That would be one of three manual A4s we sold for the 2013 model year. That's out of about 600 A4s we sold in a year. People here don't buy them, but even so Audi still offers the brand new A4 in a manual.
Porsche is slightly different. Although their Cayenne SUV and Panamera sedan were offered with a manual, we sold one manual Cayenne the entire two years the transmissions were offered, and zero panameras. Their sports cars are a bit different. They exhibit higher manual take rates, from 10-20% depending on the model, but even for Porsche sports cars the manuals are in the minority.
I love driving stick shift cars, but the fact is they are dying out.

because we have legal weed here, and have you ever tried packing a bowl while driving a manual? it's a nightmare. i pick ease of use over some old-world faux-masculinity BS

Not to mention the fact that the new transmissions are so much faster than a human is capable of shifting. We're talking about 1/10 of a second on a Porsche PDK dual clutch.

There's no future for standard shift anyway. CVT and electric drive renders both std and auto transmission obsolete. And good riddance, as there's never been a properly reliable gearbox built in 120 years of auto development.

Idk, but tbh the only peoplo who drive automatic here are women.

>so much faster
Fractions of a second faster, meanwhile the car is still moving, so you really don't lose that much time between the two. The difference would be easily overcome by simply putting a better driver in the manual car.

fuel economy doesn't mean shit in the US because petrol is cheaper than milk and convenience means everything for people who can't be bothered to physically exert themselves than what is barely necessary

Attached: walking_dog_car.jpg (640x433, 34K)

Le funny

I have better things to do with my life than care about a chair with four wheels on it.

So that we can shoot our AR's out the window while we drive

I live in Venezuela. Oil is fucking cheap here. Even cheapier than water but i'm starving. Posting this from internet explorer.

What a retarded comment. There's a reason the GT3RS, GT2RS, and 911 Turbos all have dual clutch gearboxes, and do not even offer a manual. Lamborghini and Ferrari do not offer a manual car for sale, and have not for years now. You clearly know nothing about cars with that comment

You didn't even refute my point

Drink petrol, it is even better, than bleach for brain.

>The Chief Operating Officer of Porsche Cars North America calls the continuation of the manual transmission "a U.S.-led proposition."

Oh Europe, how did you let it come to this?

Nigger, what?

Because standard gear boxes are for weekend hotrods. Automatic is for the run-of-the-mill work commuter.

By "over here", I'm guessing you're a Euro fag. Go back to wearing Speedos and crotch stuffing

So you can't drive a manual. Ok

Actually I can. Everything up to a twin stick 18-speed. Nice try though

t. daddy left before teaching me how to drive

Attached: n sheeeit.jpg (945x1200, 239K)

stick is outdated for most people

unless so and so is a race car driver and really needs to optimize those gear shifting I don't see the value in them

Its never been cheaper than milk

Most modern cars don't even have the option for manual. And if they do it's actually more expensive.

Stop lying. Manual is the first option everywhere. Just because the US drive automatic doesn't meant everybody else does.