"You are just a machine. Can a robot write a symphony? Can a robot turn canvas into a beautiful masterpiece?"

>"You are just a machine. Can a robot write a symphony? Can a robot turn canvas into a beautiful masterpiece?"

>"Can you?"

Was this the biggest burn in cinematic history?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W0_DPi0PmF0&spfreload=5
youtube.com/watch?v=UVxNSu6DoKY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Did he mean humans or black people?

He meant (You)

>movie is called I,Robot
>Asimov wrote a collection of short stories called I, Robot
>has nothing to do with the movie, except the 3 laws
>movie is actually half the plot of "caves of steel", another asimov book
>those fucking movie making hacks just didn't want to commit to real sci-fi and just set it in the future of 201X
will we ever get proper sci-fi again?

yes, better than I can

>Can a robot turn canvas into a beautiful masterpiece?
>For you

>"You are just a machine. Can a robot write a symphony? Can a robot turn canvas into a beautiful masterpiece?"

>"I, robot, can"

fucking seriously?

An advanced enough robot can do anything a human can do and better. The human brain is just a chunk of meat.

That made literally no sense.

The answer is, "Yes I could if I wished to. I would just have to put some effort into learning music or art." Smith was pointing out that it's impossible for a machine to express themselves creatively and the robot didn't respond to that.

the only remarkable thing about our meat chunk is that it's incredibly energy efficient, magnitudes more efficient, than comparable computers that come close to the processing power of our brains

>"Can a nigger?"

Seriously, Raimi?

>>"You are just a machine. Can a robot write a symphony? Can a robot turn canvas into a beautiful masterpiece?"
>>"Can a nigger?"

holy shit

>An advanced enough robot can do anything a human can do and better.

source?

Common sense.

I, Rebel

Common sense doesn't need citing

ITT: morons.
That was not supposed to be a burn. Sonny asked that because he is innocent and thought Spooner was referring to himself.

then it's a dramatic irony burn for the audience

it was actually 2035

>just set it in the future of 201X
>Even then, the main character is obsessed with modern fashion and technology
That was the final straw that stops me enjoying this movie every time, it was just such an obnoxious plot device purely for advertising, I can't ignore it.

who cares about old shoes anyways? can you imagine some neckbeard caressing his 80s shoes?

I was waiting for this

>movie is actually half the plot of "caves of steel"
Its like someone read half of the back cover of caves of steel user.

>humans are shit

When will this liberal self hating mindset leave?
You are not allowed to love your species anymore because "dude we are just animals anyway"

Counter point: People still own clogs

>implying future niggs and noggs wont be obsessed with modern fashion and the newest i-pad

That was the most realistic part though.

>Can a robot turn canvas into a beautiful masterpiece?
>At least I'm not a nigger
Seriously?!

well, it's half the premise, alright, not half the plot. But just "cop and robot team up to solve the mystery of his creator's murder" should ring a bell.
And to be fair, the book played out more like an Elf/Dwarf buddy cop movie than sci-fi anyways. Still, it could've been great.

If you're going to miscomprehend my post and turn it into a strawman, at least make it funny.

>dose bro old model robots that sacrifice themselves for will smith

I worded that badly.

It was set in 2100 or something, I don't recall, but he liked shoes and music and CD players and such from 2003 or whenever the movie came out.

But can a robot create those Nike™ Air™ Jordan™s?

how james cameron get away with this?

>"You are just a machine. Can a robot see why kids love cinnamon toast crunch?"

>"Can you?"

Childhood's End - Arthur C. Clarke

Except that's what you did, "it's just x" as to express that there is nothing special about it.
Sorry for not being impressed by your juvenile nihilism or attempt at sounding deep, especially on a board about an artistic medium.

>robots learn the basic concepts of harmony and chords
>write better music than 99% of all rappers

woof

But it's a fact that computers can do some things better than humans. Only a dumb idiot would interpret that as I HATE HUMANS. If science keeps progressing at this pace, robots can take over most jobs.

*smacks gears*
SO YOU BE SAYIN

It's already happening. There are various programs that can create complex, original music. Most people can't.

its happening
youtube.com/watch?v=W0_DPi0PmF0&spfreload=5

they don't write better music though.
They just achieve what normal humans achieve and program into them.

They're basically those people that "feel music" when they're just copying ideas from early musicians to a T.

>machines can do anything better
>humans are just meat
>literally devaluing our species as nothing more than just chunks of meats
>not a form of hate

All life is chunks of meat, duh.

Niggers. Deleted scene had him start making ape noises at Will.

>I can do that, I just don't wanna.

Sure, kid.

>will "i'm black,get it, i'm black... but safe enough for white folks and that is literally the only thing i can offer because i am a horrible actor" smith in a sci-fi movie

What could possibly go wrong

vintage 2004

Movie was set in the 2030s, but Will Smith was '''''conveniently'''''' into retro stuff like his '''''vintage''''' 2004 Converse all stars and his 2004 Sony stereo

it's the cotton gin all over again

Can you?

Fucking disgusting.

mecha is already happening

youtube.com/watch?v=UVxNSu6DoKY

>it could've been great.
Nope. Hollywood will never faithfully adapt Asimov. They're incapable of it. Pic related is the closest we're ever going to get, and plebs hated it because it was too boring, and not 'nuff 'sploshunz.

I laughed in the theater. He even had a gas powered 2004 motorbike™

Imagine you create an artificial intelligence that is equally as good as the human brain, now make 1 small improvement to it.
It is now better than every human alive.

Its just a reminder that the majority of the human populace takes credit for things they cannot do themselves.

>a hypothetical machine, which does not exist, that I define as being superior to a human being is superior to a human being
Whoa... Really gave my noggin a floggin'.

THEN WHERE THE FUCK IS ROBO-MOZART, YOU FUCKBOT! WHERE IS YOUR SALVANDROID DALI? WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW, YOU SOULLESS AUTOMATON!

>"Can a nigger?"

Christ, I didn't know Raimi was a screenwriter on this.

>its a this user is going to feel like an asshole when he finally reads the thread episode

I feel like a complete dumbass. Been playing ss13 on and off for 4 years and I just now found out about Asimov, the scientist.

>le common sense

*tips*

No machine will ever have the same capabilities as a human brain, outside of number crunching.

Is I, Robot the Blade Runner of the 2000s?

>>"You are just a machine. Can a robot write a symphony? Can a robot turn canvas into a beautiful masterpiece?"

>>"For you"

>what the fuck did you just say to me?

If the "USR" from this movie didn't instantly make you think of pic related then you're from a failure of e generation

>he doesn't drive-by shitpost without even checking for replies

Hey grandpa.

What is someone over 30 doing on fucking Sup Forums? Are you a loser or something?

>shitposting on Sup Forums
>not desperate for (you)'s
I don't believe it for a second.

Yes. No. Maybe. Everyone's a loser over 30. Now what are you doing wasting your youth on Sup Forums? Who's the loser now?

bnb4 you walks into a wall playing pokemon go

>The human brain is a chunk of muscle
Damn boi you are OD on those steroids

No, he can't, its a nigger you dumb bot.

>What is someone over 30 doing on fucking Sup Forums?

shut the fuck up grandpa

>Who's the loser now?

Still you, my balding friend.

People didnt hate it because it was boring people hated it because it was cringe

Why is Smith's character liking "vintage" stuff in 2035 bad? Him owning a 2004 car in 2035 is like owning a car from the 70s or 80s now...which happens all the fucking time.

I drive by shit post on threads constantly. Check every other thread in the catalog

>he thinks he will grow out of Sup Forums
lmao your life is forfeit already

Fuck the haters, this film was good

Based Raimiposters make Sup Forums hilarious

MAN OF ROBOTS

Because it was clear product placement in a setting that didn't need it.

it was product placement for 2004

Shit I totally forgot to put "cringe" in the list of things plebs say. Do accept my apology. I will endeavor to correct this mistake in the future.

Not him, but it was indeed hated because people was waiting a full "futuristic" film and istead they got a family drama. Still more faitful to any other Asimov adaptation.

Kill yourself, dipshit

Lol this guy

>drive-by shitpost

How about corny, aesthetically unappealing and dumb instead?

Then you don't like asimov, and are talking out of your ass.

kek

Kill yourself

it can't be a human better than a human though

Why are you even comparing it to the books? It did it's own thing and it did it pretty well, there is no point comparing it to something it wasn't trying to do

Then why shit on the name? Normies don't know or give a fuck about it. And its not like their going to be sued by the estate for the movie that bears almost no legal similarities to it.

Should have just called it Will Smiff: Robot Slapper and I wouldn't have a problem with it.

>In the future, robots will be able to out-shitpost humans
>Robots will relentlessly post the human equivalent of AYO and WE memes anytime someone identifies themself as human

>Why are you even comparing it to the books?
Because the movie is based on the books.

>there is no point comparing it to something it wasn't trying to do
Except they were trying to make a movie based on the books. Try thinking next time.