How will history remember Malcolm Young?

How will history remember Malcolm Young?

Other urls found in this thread:

liveleak.com/view?i=035_1503677738
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It will remember him for his fantastic, catchy and wild riffs. To just call him the best rhythm guitarist ever is an understatement.

they won't after the boomers die out

The greatest right hand in music history

THIS

they said that for Kurt too and nowadays most of Nirvana fans were born after his suicide

quite positively

I get it, you hate your redneck dad who used to beat you while playing Highway to Hell.

this

Malcolm and all the rest of AC/DC will be remembered.

People often forget AC/DC have the second biggest selling album of all time behind Thriller. They'll be remembered forever.

Biggest selling hard rock album of all time. In terms of total album sales, it was exceeded by several records including The Eagles Greatest Hits and Saturday Night Fever Soundtrack.

it's not even thier best album

Not that well. ACDC is Angus Young and Brian Johnson, nobody really cares about the other guys.

That's because it doesn't have Bon Scott.

The jokes about all their songs sounding the same were never entirely true but they're one of those bands that New Wave-obsessed critics didn't like back in the day, so they got shit on somewhat undeservedly.

That and their redneck fanbase.

This. Dad-rock already has an insufferable fanbase, but ACDC is maybe the worst of it

Hmm, I wonder where Metallica got the idea of opening a song with a church bell of doom...

2017: rock ended

Actual best rhythm guitarist coming through

>boomers
>nirvana
your timeline is way off my man

It won't, because he didn't wear a school uniform as an adult. Also there will be a lot of "Holy shit, AC/DC had a second guitarist?!?" reactions. At least I always forget that.

Come on now, Angus is for sure the more prominent one, but AC/DC is to many people synonymous with Young BROTHERS, not just Angus Young.

damn that projection

ac/dc died when bon scott died and they weren't that amazing even when he was around

>It won't, because he didn't wear a school uniform as an adult
Nobody gave David Lee Roth shit for singing about fucking his teacher when he was pushing 30. ;)

Well it's generally considered rude to criticize those who have trouble in school. Some are just slow learners.

>boring hippy bullshitman
>the best
he's not even the best of his time

Who tf is this?

we dont need no education

some irrelevant dead huwhite dude

Here Lie Malcolm Young

Born 6th January 1953
Died 18 November 2017

"He knew how to play 3 open chords. Average rhythm guitarist upstaged by his wildly talented brother"

RIP

Brother of legendary Angus Young.

as a 5'3'' manlet

Metallica is actually good tho

I'll gladly admit that Malcolm is super underrated as rhythm player, but he really isn't anywhere close to being the greatest. Listen to "Live At The Apollo" by James Brown if you wanna hear the best rhythm guitar playing ever.

yeah man, baby boomers LOVE Nirvana

Nile Rodgers, among Malcolm's contemporaries, is also one of the best.

Bob Weir, from the Grateful Dead

Honestly no, I doubt anyone will really be remembered. Bowie and Prince maybe, but out side of the classical world 90% of the people will be forgotten once the people alive during their "run" have passed.

This response is how people would react in 10 years when shown a picture of Malcom Young.

also forgot to add the Jazz world, like Coltrane and Davis haven't been forgotten. I'm sure some other people in the rock and pop world will be remembered but I doubt AC/DC will be anything outside of oh it was one of the best selling albums of all time in the 20th and beginning of the 20th century. History books only really keep track of things that were huge changes and shifts and I can't honestly imagine (regardless of how much they mean to you) them being remembered in 2117

This comment was made by what his nut... Bruce Fairburn. Who produced many formulaic bands like Prism, Loverboy, Bon Jovi, Van Halen and Aerosmith

First of all, no one said that about Kurt. Second of all, Malcolm Young was just a mediocre rhythm guitarist who never stood in the spotlight. He won't be remembered. Honestly, before his death when was the last time you said his name out loud?

>Honestly, before his death when was the last time you said his name out loud?
There were pretty big headlines and news surrounding his health back in 2014 (on music sites that is) and then followed by announcement that he has to retire from the band because of dementia. That was a pretty big deal, for that important founding member to leave the band. And since his health was deteriorating, people started asking themselves how long does he have left. But we for sure didn't think it would only be 3 years after his departure from the band...

liveleak.com/view?i=035_1503677738