Why is WB such a failure?

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4242
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_F._Horn
forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/11809-fantastic-beasts-and-where-to-find-them-nov-18-2016-new-trailer-on-page-123-johnny-depp-joins-rt-watch-underway-pretty-magical-so-far/?page=212#comment-2745471
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>For all the sophisticated special effects, it's rather like being trapped in a two-hour game of Pokémon Go.

Damn, haha. Should I go watch it or not?

WB just doesn't have the structure Disney does to make these franchise things "good"

Dunno, one review complained that it was like a marvel movie. Thought that was a good thing.

Actually he said it was "the most tedious attempt at a Marvel movie"

Basically a poor imitation.

>yfw Marvel does magic better than WB

I think WB got lucky this harry potter spin off getting a good reception on critics, even if not good as doctor strange

at least on harry potter they know what to do

Wow really? Thought this would bury Strange.

has anyone here seen both films? wondering which one to see

Between this and Doctor Strange, Strange ended up the more magical movie, IMO. Fantastic Beasts isn't bad but it's been there done that on every level including visual.

Doctor Strange is better.
I've seen Fantastic Beasts yesterday.

>a movie based on a fictional textbook
gee what could possibly go wrong? they just couldn't let the Harry Potter series die like it was supposed to, could they?

>announcing it's gonna be a five movie series before the first one even comes out
Why would you do this?

That was a terrible decision on WB's part. If they were planning on making this universe a multi-part series, Fantastic Beasts is a terrible way of starting it. Newt has no business in the next films anymore since the plot of the movie takes a backseat at the end when Johnny Depp gets arrested.

calm down you're right

78%

WB just can't help, but milk shit for all it's worth. They did it with the Hobbit movies to the series's detriment.

Marvel pay off rotten tomatoes. How have you not got this through your thick skull yet?

>Marvel pay off rotten tomatoes

RT is an aggregator and it's owned by TimeWarner anyway.

Yeah and? Doesn't mean you can't pay of the critics. Marvel know which ones show up on the site.

had an inexplicable desire for this movie to fail since I first heard about it, shame it will make bonk regardless.

>citation needed

>mfw WB consistently gets btfo by review aggregates on a website they themselves own.

>shame it will make bonk regardless.

It's not tracking all that well at the box-office

>expectum petronum
>Wingardium leviosa
>slugmuffit mcfuckit

To me, that's not surprising at all. When the first trailer dropped, it gained new views incredibly slowly, which was my first clue that there really wan't much hype for this movie. I think WB has put in a heroic effort trying to create hype for it to save this multi-movie franchise they've got planned, but I wouldn't be surprised if it only gets modest success and the sequels get scrapped.

Ultimately, it's just not another Harry Potter film it looks like it's just the lame cousin of the Harry Potter franchise, and it doesn't even have the words "Harry Potter" in the title to give it a profit boost. WB bet on a dud.

>yeah, he's a citation of a reviewer admitting to collecting a fact check from marvel which means he will forever be blacklisted in the industry

u r dum

What are your other options?

>IT KEEPS GOING LOWER

Marvel wins

I don't think Disney/Marvel bribes critics but the way RT scores work, it is fundamentally biased towards their way of filmmaking: to play it as "safe" as possible and focus-tested to appeal to the lowest common denominator. So a movie's that's rated a 6/10 by all critics will have a 100% RT score.

I'm not even DCuck but there's objectively no denying that Disney have turned mediocrity into an art form.

>I'm not even DCuck

>I have no idea how RT works so I'll call him a DCuck

>Crying about focus testing when the Potter franchise is the most focus tested product on earth. and still ends up mid 70s.

It's not based on anything. Stop being so dense. It just shares the title. The script isn't based on any previous work.

As popular as the Potter franchise is, the films don't go out of their way to stretch the fourth wall to its breaking point to pander to the audience, or insert pop culture jokes in the middle of a dramatic scene for the sake of laughs.

I doubt that Doctor Strange, if played completely straight, would have elicited such a high RT score, despite how much I enjoyed it.

But Fury reddit was one of the high rated films of last year and its a wb picture

> remake the soundtrack of the original film
> tint/saturate fucking everything in post
> throw in a bunch of random CGI monsters and shit from the books
> English """"""""""""""culture"""""""""""""""

Badda bing badda boom. Harry Potter movie. Where's my check?

i just saw fantastic beasts. ask my anything

I was speaking in general. In Fury Road's case it had a much more specific audience (being that it's R rated), not to mention it bombed financially for WB.

What did I think of it?

I dont know what you thought of it.
But if you wanna know what i thought of it,
it was pretty decent, but kinda hard to follow. Didn't really feel like a HP film much to me.
I liked the characters. Didn't like the overall story.
It kinda drags in the middle.

Because they don't pay off reviewers and actually make art.

>Doctor Strange's Average Rating: 7.3/10
>Fantastic Beasts' Average Rating: 7/10

So they're actually similar in quality.

>Why doesn't OP understand Rotten Tomatoes?

If you could only pick one, see Strange. The visuals and story were overall better.

The acting and setpieces in Fantastic Beasts blew Strange out of the water though.

the power of shill critics on full display
>it's a standard by the numbers tired Marvel origin movie
>but them visuals and quips
>10/10 MOTY

>The acting and setpieces

Both pale in comparison to Strange

>Marvel does hero vs hero better than DC/WB
>Marvel does Magic better than WB
>Ragnarok vs Justice League?

>7.3
>7.0
Wow. A 0.3 difference. How can they live with that?

Ragnarok wins

>failure

>is certified fresh on RedditTomatoes™

>on track to do a billion world wide and cuck dr.strange at the box office.

this is what marvel fags actually believe

>on track to do a billion world wide and cuck dr.strange at the box office.

Dcucks actually believe this

Not when it come down to $$$ my guy

Its outpacing the first hobbit film. U do the math boo boo

>Citation needed

I piss on MCUcks.

boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4242

but its not a dc or marvel movie

>Bennicardium Cumiosa

Its a wb vs disney arguement

I remember it being a 100%, how'd it drop so much? Did they run out of bribe money?

>at least on harry potter they know what to do
Yeah because this guy was in charge during that time and they dropped him because he was getting old
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_F._Horn

now he works for disney

HOWEVER

forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/11809-fantastic-beasts-and-where-to-find-them-nov-18-2016-new-trailer-on-page-123-johnny-depp-joins-rt-watch-underway-pretty-magical-so-far/?page=212#comment-2745471

Ragnarok has to
>become the first good Thor movie
>while also being a good Hulk movie
>and tying into the Infinity War stuff
>this while having Jeff Goldblum as another talent they'll waste on a one-off villain
Things don't look good.

Does have a good director. Might be the first Marvel film i bother to see in theatres.

That should've been Strange for the visuals, watching it on your computer it'll be just bland.

>wb is literally having a record breaking year at the box office.

Retards who dont pay attention to finances dont realise this. They only care about the color of tomatoes. based tsujuhara is making horn look like a retard numbers wise.

>thinking i would want to see Bendadick Cumonmyback's weird deformed skull face on the big screen
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>poorfag not running ios 10
>>based tsujuhara
baahahahHAAHAHA

I refused to upgrade to ios 10 on my 6s because the liberals at apple got rid of the gun emoji.

Strange was a shit movie though kill yourself Marvelfag.

Yes, let it all out user.

Oh fuck off. You cobstantly shilling Dr Quips as anything but an Iron Man copypaste is getting obnoxious.

>wb is literally having a record breaking year at the box office.

pfff hahahahaha

fucking kek

remember
this haircut will come back with manchildren again and they will try to do without a beard

Let your anger flow out user, it'll do you good.

TOP KEK

>Dcucks will defend this

Disney will fuck us all in the ass in the end.

What the fuck? This movie is already out? I thought they had just cast Depp. Harry Potter is dead.

>Disney will have 6 films in the top 10
>Disney will have 5 films in the top 5

Doctor Strange was so fucking shit and I don't even really hate the Marvel movies. Everything about it was too cavalier like haha Adele Beyonce haha these songs existed wouldn't learn that in a a gift shop Google Translate haha his cape did the funny thing

>My sister and her friend groaned upon seeing him
>Instantly knew what it was about
>Asked her why she did that
>Hurr he beat his wife
I mean for fuck sake he wasn't even fucking convicted and the guy isn't even allowed to have a career anymore for fuck sake. Fuck this guilty until proven innocent meme, do these people want Sharia Law or something?

Damn Disney killing it