Heisei > Mellenium > Shin > Showa...

Heisei > Mellenium > Shin > Showa >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Legendary

Shin was utter trash made by a trash director.
Hensei>Showa>Legendary>Millenium.
Shin doesn't get to play with the others...

Why is Mellenium that low

kys

good ranking

Showa > millennium > shin > legendary > Heisei
>muh continuity that is barely even important
>muh miki

Because it had no set universe, to elaborate, each movie was a reboot and not set in the same universe except the 2 mechgodzilla films. It was good, but also some human characters bugged me.. no idea why?

Heisei a shit

1. BioGoji
2. 54Goji
3. ShinGoji

at least someone has taste

Shin was so great it was like a dream. I couldn't imagine such a movie can be made after what we got all these years.

It redeemed 2016 for me

They weren't all reboots. Godzilla in Godzilla 2000 was junior.

Absolutely 90's kid tier taste.

Showa was great you fag

SKREEEEEEEEEONK!!!

>Beam spam trash era being superior to Showa era

Every time I see this I can't help but feel like '55 Goji is about to drop the dankest mixtape.

Heisei is comfy as shit!

Baby!!!

now post super x

i remember this line of comics from when i was a kid. i think i still have them somewhere, i wonder if they're worth anything

More like

Heisei > Showa > Millennium >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shi(t)n > Legendary

The only bad thing about Shin was the Soundtrack

What?
Then soundtrack was fucking amazing, even if they remixed decisive battle like five different times

>HRRRRRRRR!

It was the fucking best.

This.

Endless discussions with friends over how movies aren't 10 people in a room solving a problem anymore. No macguffin, no big action scene where the villain's weapon is turned against itself, just normal people solving an abnormal problem.

>yfw THE NOODLES GOT SOGGY

>Shin Godzilla has even less screen time than Legendary Godzilla
>weebs circle jerk over Shin Godzilla anyway because of MUH TOHO and MUH ANNO

The Japanese cast were just as bland and lifeless as the Americans.

>The Japanese cast were just as bland and lifeless as the Americans.
Not really

Heisei>showa>millennium>shin>legendary>rule34 godzilla>godzilla98

You're right. Japanese actors screaming at each other and crying for two hours is pure drama.

We arent talking about anime

Tag Team Wrestling Match Godzilla movies are the best ones.

MegaroGoji is handsome af

Shin Godzilla might as well have been anime. The only thing it lacked was a teenage girl singing pop music over the opening.

>Shin Godzilla has even less screen time than Legendary Godzilla
>Japanese actors screaming at each other and crying for two hours is pure drama
Why do you keep trying to talk about the movie you haven't seen

>Legendary

but Fatzilla isn't a real Godzilla. Is just a Fat Zilla.

come one now

Who is the cutest Goji and why is it Megarogoji?

You mean Junior

and also the beat godzilla design.

neck yourselves nostalgia weeb faggots

>best design
>isnt radioactive

Heisei > Kiryu movies and Final Wars > Shin > Rest of Mellenium > Showa >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Legendary

Kamata-kun is clearly the cutest Goji. With his wittle arm stumps.

I find myself rewatching the Showa Goji films more than the rest, mostly for nostalgic value. So Showa Goji is probably my favorite series. But I love them all for different reasons. That's the beauty of Godzilla fandom; we have 62 years' worth of films, books, comics, games, etc., to enjoy!

kek

Stop complaining and accept Showa

>final wars
>better than anything

>Final Wars
>Not so bad it's fantastic
>Not the best Godzilla movie to watch with friends and poke at the absurdity of

no fucking way

Final Wars had the best fight scenes in the series

It also has Gordon, the guy who might as well hold the title of "Most badass human character in a Godzilla movie".

Yeah the first Legendary film was meh. Here's to hoping the cinematic universe with Kong will redeem it.

Shin was so fucking good.

>That atomic breath scene
Perfection.

>might
he has a katana

jesus christ how horrifying

Fine. He does hold the title. Every time I watch the movie, I half expect him to start fighting Godzila on foot at the end of the movie.

For real. I felt like a kid I was so god damn giddy watching that scene in the theater.

Any place I can watch the US version of G2000? It's significantly altered which makes it interesting for me to watch. However, most places such as kissasian only have the original version.

Most of Millennium sucks honestly. G2k and GMK are the only actually good ones and even they have their flaws. Showa is about 50/50 good/bad but even the bad ones have their charm and there are certainly great ones than in any of the other series. Heisei is probably my favorite, the effects and designs are worth it in even the worst movies (SpaceG), plus it has quite a few fantastic films (Return, Bio, Destroyah). Shin Godzilla is an amazing film, an excellent start to a new series. Absolutely loved it. It had some low points but it's still one of the best of the Godzilla franchise and I'm super glad it goes in a unique direction unlike so many of the others.

Legendary is irredeemable trash, just completely awful in every way.

I disagree.

Oh and I forgot to say I don't really mind '98 too much, it's way too long and kind of shitty but it's still fun and comfy. Godzilla it is not, though, and it's pretty much a straight remake of Beast from 20k Fathoms if you ask me

> It's significantly altered
in which ways?

Heavily edited, the dub is very light-hearted and comedic,some new music that complements the original score, the pacing is probably a lot faster as they cut around eight minutes off the original movie.

Can someone explain to me what professor's deal in Shin was?

>His waifu loses her laifu
>Finds radiation eating ancient organism?
>Studies it w/ US DOE?
>Comes back to Japan
>Prints out origami molecule?
>Get on boat
>Die?

Did he become part of Goji (revenge)? Did he kill himself out of shame?

Truly

>no love for Godzilla 2000
the G-cell arc was fucking awesome

Bear in mind that cutting out shit is very common and occurs in any American release.
And, of course it is not the same as the original or "King Kong vs Godzilla" where they add some scenes. But it is a rather interesting take

Also has like a perfect ending, really beautiful destruction similar to Shin imo

I like G2000

Specifically Orga, and that one shot where the girl is following Godzilla on her bike, filming him from a distance.

FAV G-SUITS/DESIGNS
>> GvsKG
>> G14
>> GMK
>> G84 (suit, not the cybot)
>> GvsBio
FAVORITE KAJIU FILMS
>> Godzilla vs Biollante
>> Gamera 3
>> GMK
>> Gamera 2
>> Godzilla 1985

Strongly underrated film in the franchise.
Saw in theaters with my mom & best Friend.

the Mellennian scene freaked me out when I first saw it

anybody else felt similar?

Gordon and Serizawa are the two best Godzilla human characters

I would say Serizawa & Shendo.

There is not a single Kaiju that matches up to Irys in terms of design

Except maybe Biollante and Perfect Chaos

I was meaning strictly Godzilla suits & designs not any other monsters.

Have yet to see the Heisei Gamera films. Watched all the Showa though. Hated the first one, started to come around as the series went on. Many of them have 2 things over the Godzilla films of the same period: Excellent miniature set designs, and really sweet, gnarly gore in the fights. Only once we get to GvGigan does Godzilla beat out Gamera, but by then the Gamera series had gone back downhill and started to really suck

Revenge of Iris is one of the best kaiju movies ever made.

>That Gamera design
>That Iris design
>Those visual effects
>That set up to the GOAT opening scene of Gamera the Brave
Hnnnnng

>Have yet to see the Heisei Gamera films
DO IT NOW!
2 & 3 are among the top 5 best Kajiu films ever made.

fucking super x

Heisei Gamera beats Heisei Godzilla

Where should I start with the "sillier" godzilla films? Should I just watch them chronologically or are there any must sees or specific orders?

chronoliogically

just watch them chronologically

Why was she better than Miki in every way?

In order of release date.
Here is the timelines.
1954-1975
>Reboot.
1954, 1984-1995

All the 1999-2004 films are stand alone films spinning off 1954 except the 2 Mecha Godzilla films.

Godzilla 2014 & Kong Skull Island are in the same universe.

And Shin Godzilla is all its own.

Heisei > Shin > Millenium > Burgerzilla > Showa

If this isn't how you feel, you're not a fan.

>If you don't hate the most classic episodes in the franchise you're not a fan