Any of you fags play Modern? Amulet Titan player here

Any of you fags play Modern? Amulet Titan player here.

What deck do you hate the most?

Attached: Amulet.jpg (223x310, 31K)

The card that ended me in front of my friends

Attached: CounterCounter-CP07-EN-C-UE.png (400x580, 566K)

Haven't played in a while, but Slivers were the most annoying fucks.

Burnfag here.
I honestly have a love/hate relationship with the mirror. And fag tron variants with chalice mb

>slivers
Get with the times, old man, we 5c humans now

Fucking humans mane. Meddling mage is a cunt.

WBUR control here. I had at my lowest a $5000 foiled out promo deck. Kill me please

This is the kind of shit that made me stop playing.

Some guy at my las plays slivers and actually does well because no one prepares for that shit.

My most embarrassing loss was too humans. I got greedy and slammed down a second eidolon, not realizing i was at 4 life, then bolted him.

Watched a dude with a completely foiled Jeskai control deck fold two games in a row to a turn two blood moon. I refuse to foil out competitive decks.

I'm guessing he didn't have much on board? Do you feel you're typically favored in that MU?

I did fairly well with it though. Wonost local tournaments. But fell on some hard times so you start training foils for almost playsets of non foils. I still play but not with my foil Snaps or Expedition Scalding Tarns etc

Play: Affinity
Hate: Nothing really. I care a lot more about the player than I do the deck.

Attached: mox-opal.jpg (223x310, 32K)

Nah, not really. Think he had a thalia.
As far as mu goes, i think they're slightly favored since they can both tax me and rape my hand while never really losing tempo, but that's just how i feel. Games where i can land Eidolon turn 2, or have a couple of searing blaze usually go much better

Understandable. There are some real cry baby fuck faces, though it's kinda entertaining at times to watch em tilt.

ayy building modern jeskai because of jace unban.

Attached: 1499822406488.gif (200x317, 892K)

Merfolk player here, and the new Jund variants are murder to my deck’s complete lack of tempo/card advantage. If I get inquisition’d turn one and then face a Lili turn three or four I’m out of the game, once my lord gets picked from my hand and all the two-for-one value cards start to come in I’m done.

I always find the things that will set people off kinda baffling, especially since they had to know what they were getting themselves into when they picked up a Modern deck.

Solid choice. 2 of Jace seems pretty good.

Not that it probably makes a difference in that MU, but are you playing mono u or ug merfolk?

Tempo or Control?

The jeskai has been making some good placements lately. I've always loved the american control aspect. So much fun. Fairly versatile.

Control, running spell quellers and a couple vendilions.

>tfw playing UW control in a meta game that’s being flooded with Jund decks
Control was good back when creature based aggro decks ruled the land, but I regret to say user, those days have passed.

Exactly dude. I had someone throw a fucking fit because I dropped a blood moon turn 3. I was playing Skred and he was on Jund. Nigga, I have Koth and you have fucking bob, goyf, and lily in your deck. Fuck out my face like I should feel bad.

Honestly I hate wizard decks, I'm more of a casual player though, I have plans in motion to make a Cleric deck.

I’ve tested UG, only good against storm really. Gets damage on board a lot faster but if it gets held up past a turn 3-4 win the lack of islandwalk/unblockable really makes closing difficult.

Something that sticks out in my mind is this dude dropped from the entire event (this was round 1) because I played a t1 Rest in Peace (post-sideboard).

I built wizards in commander until I realized it was falling victim to the infamous “pet project” phenomenon. Didn’t really want to play a deck that had cards tailor made for unmatchable value in it, same thing happened with my Atraxa superfriends build.

Eh, I'm gathering the staples for Jeskai colors atm. The exact build will be kind of a feel it out as I go sort of thing.

Bolt Snap Bolt is rarely bad. Great sideboard options too. If I were to play control right now though I would probably fuck with grixis. Use a lot of cheap interaction, hand disruption, cheap counters, bolts, Jace, maybe some K commands and then some zombie fish and Tasigurs. I still fuck with Jeskai though.

yeah I have a deck like that. I call it my "trash deck" this name is accurate for another reason then wanted completely, originally i called it my "trash deck" because it was fungus and saprolings and such. turns out its just bad.

I have a friend on mono u menfolk who was thinking of making the switch, but I may tell him not to now.

What was he playing? Dredge?

Haven't played EDH in a hot minute, but I do have a sweet Sakashima deck that has no actual win cons in it. I just play whatever everyone else is playing.

Superfriends decks always seemed like they could just get very boring, but I've yet to actually play one so I can't say that for sure.

One of those Vengevine decks that was floating around before Hollow One consolidated.

Jund is still going to murder you user. If your LGS has zero Jund players have at it, because if it’s anything like the scene at my LGS, you’re going to be swamped. Jund is the anti-control deck, it will deprive you of value and destroy your threats before you untap with them, all while simultaneously beating your face for win.

what is the pet deck phenomenon

I'll look into more tempo options, then. Just getting back into it. Always loved playing control. Guess I'll try to shake it up a little.

Edh is the only real format

I see you're also a man of culture.

What I like about Modern is that everyone is on the same page. I'm trying to kill you as fast as I can and you're trying to kill me as fast as you can. No politics. No expectation to drag the game out. No complaining about cards people have in their deck.

dredgefag here. I really dislike amulet bloom cause of how long the combo takes to explain. Most modern players have never seen a Karoo land and keep having to look at them to figure out what's going on. Also fuck all y'all with your maindecked graveyard hate

I play Tooth and Nail. I don’t hate any decks but my absolute worst matchups are against Ponza and 8-rack. In the absolute best case scenario I can hard cast Emrakul on turn 3.

Attached: 823132B6-03F0-4DB5-9284-625FE5EE824E.jpg (787x1087, 808K)

Let's go bros.

Attached: hou-163-hollow-one.jpg (672x936, 225K)

T&N
A man after my own heart.

The deck is a bitch to pilot. Fun as hell, but misplays just butt fuck you so bad, and yeah, having to explain how the lines of play and how multiple amulet triggers stack is time consuming to say the least. Dredge can be tough, but being able to search up a bojuka bog and bounce and replay it a few times can do the trick ;)

>He was behind of it...

Attached: 207o8nep0sce2543630000000.jpg (815x538, 39K)

You see that match where the dude on turn two had all four of these fuckers out?

Thought summer bloom was banned?

Summer Bloom is. Amulet of Vigor and Primeval Titan are not.

I play tribal shamans and i do well. Rager forger is my buddy.

Oh yeah homie.

Attached: p02-99-goblin-lore.jpg (672x936, 235K)

It is, but the deck is now called amulet titan. Running explore and sakura tribe scout. Its obviously much less explosive, but still powerful and fun as hell to play.

I considered playing the deck until I found out how expensive black cleave cliffs became.

RnD has gotten into trouble for it in the past with cards like Atraxa. Some guy at RnD will design a card with the intention of playing it in commander, then will design cards in the next few sets that could only feasibly generate value with the aforementioned card/commander. Inalla is falling victim to this practice, look at Naban, Dean of Iteration. No other deck could generate value from that card, and with Inalla the amount of value is broken.

If you get an EDH deck that you spend a lot of time improving you tend to end up with a deck well ahead of your local meta game and its no longer fun to play against and then the groans make it no longer fun to play with either.

I play modern casually with friends
Got a pretty fun boros aggro deck

Seems weak but im sure it does well, ill keep killing you well timed, shaman themed, hate.

This.
Playing maelstrom wanderer against kids sucks, really looking into other LGS’s in the area but they’re a hike and a half to get to.

Jace sucks in modern

Quick question, I have been working on a gitrog monster value deck. Any of you know good land recursion besides loam?

He doesn't suck, he's just not as good as BBE atm.

My turn 3 prime time will literally trample over your shamans, but I'm interested in seeing this list.

Hes too unfriendly for most play groups, id reccomend trying to build decks at diffrent power levels tailored to your play group, try to meet reasonable standards for what you agree is fun.

Splendid reclamation my dude

I actually am holding off on those for now too. It's a bit more painful, so I lean on Brutality more in the Burn matchup.

3x Polluted Delta
4x Bloodstained Mire
3x Foothills
3x Blood Crypt
1x Stomping Ground
1x Dragonskull Summit

2x Mountain
1x Swamp

I beat bloom titan pretty regulaly, basic of the list is rager forger, flamekin harbinger, other aggresive dudes, lots of nifty redgreen hate from the board, i was play three copies of the mythic shaman with haste from fate reforged, he was a decent top deck and i had three foil.

Whoever names the card first wins

Attached: IMG_0637.jpg (620x437, 172K)

Yeah, i usually play combo something, right now playing suicide zoo or living end.
I don't really hate any deck, that's what sideboards are for.

OUPHE

He leaves a trail or is it a trap? Guilderbarne or something? I dont jnow how its spelled, 1 and 2 u/g hybrid, untap, double a permanents counters?

Crucible of worlds.

Gilder bairn

You win!

Any deck that brings shit back from the graveyard for free.

Sweet, i meant one u/g hybrid and two but you knew what i meant

I quit playing when slivers came out. I don't even recognize MTG anymore, and it was a clusterfuck of a game back then.

You can play with my dick instead.

> Buy an MM17 pack
> Pull Goyf
> HOLY SHIT
> start building jund slowly
> Finally finish it after a yea
> Only person at league who plays Jund
> #Jundboi
> BBE gets unbanned 2 months later
> Now everyone plays jund

Attached: 1521856586854.jpg (400x400, 25K)

Slivers came out in like 1997 nigga.

No but I am looking forward to MTG arena. Even if it is not as good as it could be will be good competition for Artifact to improve upon.

bitcoinvigilante.online bump

any geists?

lantern control is gay

Break that shit down. Play a tier 2 or 3 deck that has decent game. Feel special again. Use left over money to go get drunk and look at tiddies.

>that feel when you've played decks older than most Sup Forumstards
Feelsbadman

Fucking agree. They take you to time, can't win, and say "Well I obviously had he lock" Na bitch, I'll take that draw.

using the zombies i got for standard to build an esper zombies deck, don't know how the fuck its gonna play out, but i think it'll be good

tronfag here
cant fucking stand humans. fuck that deck shits gay as hell bro

Dude was playing Lanturn at my LGS, asked me "do you even have any answers left in your deck"

Told him yes, but I was 100% locked. I'm not asking you to play 5c Merfolk Tron or some shit, but take that unfun trash out of here. If you're here practicing for a GP, then I'm giving you the GP experience.

Hey Faggots,
My name is Jon, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are fat, retarded casuals who spend every second of their day making terrible decks. You are everything bad in magic. Honestly, have any of you ever been to a Pro Tour? I mean, I guess it’s fun making your own shit decks, but you all take it to a whole new level. This is even worse than jerking off to pictures of Elspeth.
Don’t be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot. I’m pretty much perfect. I was world champion, and have several pro tours under my belt. What accomplishments do you have, other than “I once won a game of EDH”? I also have my own card, and have a banging hot girlfriend (She just blew me; Shit was SO cash). You are all faggots who should just kill yourselves. Thanks for listening.
Pic Related: It’s me and my bitch

Attached: 16D61BFF-FF21-40F1-92EB-511CCDD78B19.jpg (242x251, 45K)

Haven't seen that pasta in a while.

cant stop the 3pete

I hate tron and humans equally as much. T3 Karn is the shit of nightmares, but meddling mage seriously is a cunt. What variant are you on?

I got banned from /tg/ for posting it as the first reply in an EDH thread.

Attached: D72DBE63-7001-412E-86FC-1AEB9061D77D.png (480x615, 351K)

Mods are fags, what did you expect?
>USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST

i play mono green atm. I play in NY so everyone is a spike
i play against control a lot and shit like that so t3 karn doesnt resolve as often
tho when it does i usually win lol

>Any of you fags play Modern?
Heavily into Legacy, Vintage, Cube, Iron Man, drafting, EDH. Only avoid Standard and 1v1 EDH like the plague. Modern is kinda in the middle and seems depressing without all the legacy cards, but I have never played it.

Being a longtime Legacy player, what kinda decks might be of interest to me? Money is no issue unless it requires 4 grim tutors and 4 imperial seals and other such nonsense.

Attached: bad_luck_brian.jpg (332x465, 26K)