Prequelkino

Pure fucking kino. This is how you make a prequel. It used so little from the source material. It's unreal how new and original it is. The best part is there's no bookfags whining about how "the book was better". My only problem is how obvious it was that Collin Farrell was Grindelwald. I'll let that slide though because I liked the Ezra Miller twist.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/nerdypoc/status/799407268450238464
youtube.com/watch?v=1xqM4JFB-9M
youtube.com/watch?v=bwnksI2ZoJI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i want to see this

I just got out of the movie.

Credence survived right?

Glad Jacob got his waifu in the end and his bakery was successful.

I don't think so. I hope he comes back because based Ezra Miller. But I'm pretty sure he's dead.

Terrible fucking tumblr teen taste. Go back to Sup Forums, Sup Forums or Sup Forums.

wow who's the protagonist? she's cute

I don't think it was that obvious because of the whole casting thing that happened a few days before. When I watched the trailers, I was sure of that, but when the news came in, I became convinced that he was only a henchman. Still, he kinda got cucked for that part, right? But I guess they had to do it for the whole "Bowie appearance" thing.

The tumblrites actually hate this movie because there's too many white people.

But they made a black chick president.

Yeah but Newt saw a puff of black smoke escape to the outside before he released the bird to make it rain. And on the wiki it says Rowling states he is a key figure in the potter universe.

The casting thing actually gave it away for me. From the very beginning I knew he was using a disguise. I'm happy Collin isn't going to play that role for the rest of the series though. He was decent but I'm just not a fan of him.

This. His death will be the main motivation for the protagonist for the next films, so I don't think the kid will be coming back.

But she wasn't a "main character". You can't reason with these cucks. Honestly who the fuck cares about shit like that?

>edde our xir redmayne
>ezra i'm gender queer miller
Oh I bet they do you fucking tumblr teen

Did anyone see edge of seventeen yet? Is it good? Any good feet shots? Sup Forums bros help me out here

Hm. Didn't catch that. I'd be happy either way honestly. I'd like to see more of him but at the same time I thought it was a fine end for the character.

twitter.com/nerdypoc/status/799407268450238464

Kill yourself

Everytime I see\hear Collin Farell, I keep remembering THAT video..

Don't be a raging faggot now. Just go see the movie.

>Glad Jacob got his waifu in the end and his bakery was successful.
Yeah. I thought that part was cute. The ending kind of dragged on though. It was like Return of the King. There was like four endings.

lol me too

"I could eat you for breakfast, loonch and danner babe"

>he has the last two breeding pairs of Cthulhubeasts in existence

THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

Can you really call FB a prequel? Dumbldore's name being mentioned is the only thing related at all to being connect to the main potter storyline.

I feel you. It's more akin to the Marvel cinematic universe type movies.

Yup, it's brilliance is in relying on an untapped history.

How does animal breeding like that work?

If humans were down to only two, we'd be fucked.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I like this stuff better then MCU simply because there is already an established yet unexplored world when it comes to Harry Potter. MCU and DCU just plop in characters in a crossover.

They need to get rid of the anti muggle law so jacob can marry his waifu.

racists

That would be an abomination. Filthy muggleloving jew.

muggles are people too

no-maj*

>literally magic

What are the beasts exactly? Dragons?

all kinds of weird shit

Bunch of original critters, they're really nice actually, like an armored puffer lion and a jewel stealing shrew thing and a bigass feathered serpent.

Do you actually get to see them. The trailers seemed to keep them hidden.

actually yes

STICK IS CUTE

What did Wonderwall say to Newt at the end?

some type of "we all die, death awaits us all" type meme

Yes. One is a giant horny rhino that explodes stuff with it's horn.

Also there was this cool puffer fish/lion hybrid

Mostly a vehicle for pretending to tell a different story that has nowhere to go now, when all they want to do is milk that prequel cash with the Grindelwald plot. They're in the encyclopedia that rowling published ( and some of them in the books ), most of them are hybrids of ideas and actual myth creatures that she picked up along the way and presents them as ocs. Surprisingly no dragons in the movie

I like to think the nomaj remembers everything.

The sisters were cute. Cute!

me too. Why didn't he take him to England?

what the fuck i thought johnny depp was grindelwald

Tom Riddle plz

>Goblin with a huge face shows up
>voiced by America's caveman
Perfection

Warner Brother's Harry Potter # 9 - Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Part 1 of 5 is more than just a bad film. It's deeply disturbing. The global seizure of culture by vast corporate entities is finally complete. The latest wizard franchise product arrived to much critical acclaim (78% Rotten Tomatoes), reflecting nothing more than the total success of a decades-long effort to suppress critical thinking through meticulous control of the press and the intentional degradation of the education system.

>a different story that has nowhere to go now

I bet you think all of them are going to be about Fantastic Beasts.

explain

Watch the fucking movie.

>jewel stealing shrew thing
the Niffler was in the books, part of a Hagrid's Care of Magical creatures class

seeing this in theaters reminded me that we literally have voldemort as a president

Wow, thanks for spoiling the fucking movie op.

Why don't you tell us ahead of time the spoiler quotes actually contain movie spoilers? No one knows if you are memeing with the spoiler tags or not. Now EVERYONE fucking knows that grindelwald is collin farrell because you didn't clarify. Fuck you, man.

I was making a point about it being the opposite you illiterate newfag.
>I bet you think
I really think nothing of it because the movie is harmless and pointless. It's just a vehicle for rowling to milk some more money off a story that has already been told while trying to spin a different angle to it.

Oh shit rowling, you really think humans and wizards should try to get along despite all of their differences? But for real this time?

I thought it was great
the destruction and un-destuction effects were amazing, I felt some of the creatures were off, particularly the griffin thing.
Its nice to see the Potter-verse get something that isn't literal fanficion

>Oh shit rowling, you really think humans and wizards should try to get along despite all of their differences? But for real this time?

Except Voldemort was about racial purity because he was a knob, regular people were seen as harmless. Grindel's thing seems to be about retribution for past atrocities and muggles are seen as dangerous threats.

What? Based on my memory from books alone, they both preached for the supremacy of wizards over muggles in a new world order, which both viewed as their kind's rightful place. Dumbledore was even on board with it at some point before being dumped. The difference between them is a few decades and 7 horcruxes. They may try to spin him a different motivation in the new movies to pretend it's not the same story just recycled, but they had pretty much the same goal.

Why would I see this when the authoress voted against Trump?

Yeah you see way too much of them imo.
i liked the movie but i didnt really care for the critters all that much. The little leaf things are cool tho.

Kylo Ren did a good job desu

>Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
>he never actually says where he found them, except that he found that meme bird in Egypt

But where to find them is in his suitcase.

1. If you let your personal politics sway what films you watch you should fucking kill yourself.

2. How did a British woman vote for the American President?

Kek I kind of agree with this but not really.

Trump supporters get dumber every day.

It was a thunderbird. Native American mythical creature. I thought it looked awesome.

>lol execute her

>they just do it

Yeah, I thought that the scenes when he fed the animals were a buildup to him becoming some kind of helper or caretaker to Newt.

>IamaProudAutist.jpg

Except that Voldemort tried to bring his plan through ruling the wizarding world, while Grindelwald tried to escalate a war between muggles and wizards being sure that wizards would eventually prevail. If they pull this off, they could make his character interesting.

Voldemort's whole thing was he prioritized his immortality above all else. Everything was second. Grindenwald is more idealistic I guess.

>le enlightened hillary intellectual
i bet you thought she was actually winning too

I liked Colin in that role, and I'm fucking terrified that Johnny Depp will overplay the shit out if the whole series as usual.

I also thought of that, but Farrell/Graves might have had them under a spell, Imperius?

>It's just like waking up, right?

I liked many parts of it! Kawalski brought that fatty arbuckle charm.

why do all these British leads have to be autistic? can you not be knowledgeable and British while maintaining eye contact?

why couldn't Colin farell be his own character instead of that fucking scooby doo ending?

why was every spell something used in the original universe's high school if this is supposed to expand the universe

if the Americans are so backwards that magical and non-magical people can't even talk to one another, why do they have a black woman president?

She was the president of witches and wizards though? That's how I interpreted it.

Doesn't this take place during the rise and times of the guy Rowling created when she realized maybe she wasn't obvious enough with Voldemort being Hitler, so she needs to create a character that is literally responsible for World War 2 and is the Maximum Overvoldermort?

Am I the only one who isn't enthusiastic about the concept of a story like that?

youtube.com/watch?v=1xqM4JFB-9M

Auto-caption and auto-translation are atrocious. Would you care to give me a cliff notes version?

fuck youtube

youtube.com/watch?v=bwnksI2ZoJI

I didn't like it. Too much water.

>Video titled 'Iron Man 2 1080p - I don't know if you noticed, but I don't speak Russian!'
>character clearly says "I don't know if you know this"
What did Youtube account holder Mabus Winnfield mean by this?
(p.s. fix my autism please)

Based on his profile picture, he just wants to see the world burn.

and no one gives a shit about yours

Well his name is "Mabus" so maybe he's the third Antichrist.

Should I watch this or Doctor strange? I seriously can't decide

>He thinks he's smart

So does this movie take place in massachusetts at the american wizarding school on Mount greylock.

This one, no hesitation.

>I bet you think all of them are going to be about Fantastic Beasts.
This. What will they call the next ones though? Fantastic Beasts 2, 3, 4, and 5? IMO it should have been called Newt Scamander and the Fantastic Beasts. Would have made it better to name the sequels.

Fantastic Beast imo..

What? Obama is nothing like Voldemort.

It takes place in New York in the 1920s and has nothing to do with Wizard schools outside a few brief quips of conversation.

I love the MCU and Strange was good, legitimately thought this was better