What do you guys think of Star Trek?

What do you guys think of Star Trek?

>Proto: the new one doesn't count

Attached: Star_Trek_The_Next_Generation_365_cover.jpg (1200x837, 113K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f_NQnac8Abk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Next Generation > Deep Space 9 > Original Series > Voyager > Enterprise

I thought Luke Skywalker was cool

Pretty much this but switch NG and DS9

You know what? I'm ok with that. NG and DS9 are pretty neck and neck imo. I really liked both.

Two things could have made Next Gen better.

1. Captain Riker and Commander Picard
2. If it took place in the war galaxy from the alternate dimension. Show can be super boring with everything taking place on the enterprise instead. Too many "character stories" and not enough space battle and exploration.

>1. Captain Riker and Commander Picard
They did that. It's called TOS.
>Too many "character stories" and not enough space battle and exploration.
Except character exploration is kinda the real point of the show.

DS > TNG > TOS = ENT > TAS > VOY > power gap the size of the galactic core > STD

Babylon 5 was better.

Attached: 1445741366324.gif (450x264, 83K)

>Babylon 5 was better.
Correct.

Attached: b5.jpg (333x250, 82K)

>Babylon 5 was better
Prove it.

I fucking hate DS9

BSG > any Trek

Coherent story that was clearly outlined from the beginning. Even episodes that seemingly have nothing to do with anything will turn out to contain foreshadowing of future events. Character development matters. Actions have consequences.

I like all the Star Trek shows (except Discovery who is made by people who openly hate trekies and think Klingons are Trump supporters or something). My personal favorite is DS9 because it has it's own rich lore, good characters, and an amazing overarching story. Next Generation has good characters, but sometimes they're too good. I like a dark side once in a while. It's more realistic. The original series is amazing of course. Very memorable episodes. Not as many main characters but they're all iconic. Voyager is alright. It's very similar to NG imo. Decent acting but I don't care for the story. Also the ending seems too quick and forced. It's like they didn't intend to end the series on that season but had to so they rushed it. I barely watched Enterprise but from what I seen, it's not as bad as people make it out to be, but it lacks the atmosphere of previous Star Trek shows.

It was great with Kirk, really great with Picard, and was very comfy with Sisko, and unwatchable everywhere else.

Mang, I thought it was shit. I was just about to stop watching it when Tricia fucking Helfer showed up and that scientist ghost fucked her. I just had to stay on.

Watched it weekly when its was still in production. The writing was terrible. 2 dimensional characters that didn't have any humanity to them until they appeared in the movies. Spineless federation, The whole thing was like canadians in space. Boring AF.

Attached: 2abca30f6a5edc44eb5956a9d799426c.jpg (464x720, 61K)

There's no niggers in the future.

>I like DS9

Get. Out.

Star Trek has always been about the characters first.

If Babylon 5 was so much better, then why Wuz Sisko Kangz n sheit of the Enterprise?

I like me some B5 but I think ST:TNG was better. I also enjoyed Farscape and Firefly

I've made a thread like this when Discovery came out. All the anti-DS9 people got BTFO

Perhaps Star Wars is more your speed.
There's acting n sequences with light sabers and blasters, user. BLASTERS!

I liked enterprise, it's babysteps and shows the actual progression on the use of trek tech. ending sucked dick, they should have cancelled without an ending rather than a cop out

The lack of character depth is one of my main issues with TNG. I think DS9 makes up for it as far as characters and writing goes.

THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS

Attached: what_the_actual_fuck.jpg (764x764, 36K)

I don't know what it is about DS9, but I hate almost every character in it. Sisko the whistling nigger. That symbiotic creature where that annoying hottie fails to act like an old man. Annoying loud mouth placeholder strong female bayoran. Sisko's annoying ball product. The only character I liked are Odo, and perhaps Bashierere, when he wasn't a huge cunt bag.

I loved it when it was on, but tried watching it and just couldn't sit through the fucking endlessly irritating Bajoran victimization cult dumbfuckery and ridiculous cadDASSian cartooning.

youtube.com/watch?v=f_NQnac8Abk

I like B5 more than TNG, and I also enjoyed Farscape and Firefly. Stargate as well.

Also Lexx, because you know you did too.

That's actually a really good episode.

The only main character on DS9 I really hated was Dax. It was clear that the writers had no fucking clue what to do with her.

>Lexx
That shit was a huge mindfuck and I enjoyed it immensely. Don't get the wrong I'm still the biggest ST fan, but I can appreciate other shows.

Fucking giga shadow fuckery

They actually do show bad bajorans and good cardassians. In fact, one of the main points of the show is that no one is always good and there are two sides to every story. I feel like you just re-watched the first season and gave up. It's gets better.

I DESTROYED A UNIVERSE

I used to have a lot of thoughts about Star Trek.
Then after 35 years of watching it with my Dad, he pointed out that it's a soap opera written at a fifth grade level.

Now I just... don't think about it as much.

Ezri was an improvement, but they didn't have enough time to flesh her character out.

Stargate with Richard Dean Anderson was so good. Shepard was okay. I grew to like him

Any love for Sliders out there?

A soap opera... IN SPACE.

Your dad is actually quite right. But I justify it by saying it's space soap opera with a lot of technobabble that kind makes it alright.

Attached: tenor.png (532x398, 367K)

Yes, though somewhere along the line I got lost watching it back in the day.

There is a reason soap operas are popular world wide. My wife loves Korean soaps. Some of them are pretty good

I wanted to see Ezri line up all the men, pick out 6 or 7 to take with her into a shuttlecraft, and completely defile it in every possible way.

The synergy between Shepard and Rodney makes up for it.

Holodecks make all that kinda pointless.

And if the guy's cock is big enough he can give the parasite in her a good fucking as well.

Yeah that is what I grew to like. Even in Atlantis which kinda paled in comparison

This is bullshit. Soap Operas have a completely different format. They are designed to never end and every episode ends in cliff hanger. Literally nothing in any of the shows resemble a fucking soap opera. Nice try though

Ipfunny you say that. In the last 2 years, that very same and very German Dad has taken to watching South Korean series almost exclusively. Apparently they're pretty great. I asked him if after 2 years he's learned any Korean, and he knew 5 words.

One of the best

Oppa

>Holodecks
If they manage to actually invent these in my life time. I'll probably become an addict.

>what are short arcs and long arcs
Nigga has you done e'un seen Star Trek???

Hi, Broccoli.

The only Star Trek that clearly was designed to end was DS9. The rest lacked any sort of real overarching story to reach a natural conclusion (you might point to Voyager as another exception, but I'd say giving themselves 70 years or whatever to work with might as well be indefinite)

I would definitely fuck Terry Ferrel in spots with the force of 1000 suns.

She has over 300 years of experience. Would be interesting to watch.

>The rest lacked any sort of real overarching story to reach a natural conclusion
TNG did have this, kinda. Q has mentioned it several times throughout the series that the humanity is still on trial, and the jury is out. Which gives some sense to the final episode.

It's quite intriguing since the creature in her has been in both females and males, so she knows both perspectives quite well.

What's kinda funny is that I thought Jadzia was the 'prettiest' character when I was a kid watching it for the first time, but these days I think Kira is hotter.

He's a kraut, but they 100% Americanized us as kids. No Oma & Opa, no big German family recipes, no leiderhosen or songs or dances, nothing. Just rejected everything and started fresh here, with only that accent they'll never lose lol

Kind of sad they didn't keep the good bits of the culture but oh well I guess.

That's true, but you also have to realize that soap operas are practically mass produced. They don't take time to write an episode. They pretty much fill a mad lib and shoot 5 episodes a day. Star Trek actually has care put into it. Calling it a soap opera is highly insulting to the genius of Gene Roddenberry. He intended Star Trek to be a western.. in space and that is exactly what it was

That isn't a conclusion though. The whole point of that is the journey never ends. They could have had 20 seasons if they could come up with the episodic material.

Same. I used to be able to rub one out just watching her fully clothed.

>What is an open ending

Oh yeah Kira is hot, but she's too much of a bitch and that turns me off

Why not both....

That's part of what turns me on. Nothing like a good hate-fuck. Dukat knows what's up.

Sharing same taste with a cardassian. Despicable.

Soap Operas are a continuous arc of that never ends. Star Trek arcs actually have a conclusion. Are you really calling Trek a fucking soap opera because over-arching episodes. Then there's a lot of fucking soap operas. Pretty much every tv drama ever made.

When batgirl played a part on star trek.

Attached: yvonne_craig.jpg (720x586, 57K)

Babylon 5 and DS9 are for fags

If you were him, you know you would too.

Found the mental deficient.

Too much depth for your mind to handle?

She's the most annoying "character" on the show.

How Nana managed to play the same fucking role she played in episode 1 for all those seasons is a mystery to me.
Does nothing but bitch about everything and everyone
No one can live up to her expectations
Hotheaded and temperamental
Plays the victim but acts as the aggressor
Assured of her own superiority
Can't into personal relationships for shit
>Bullheaded and stubborn as fuck
>Militant
>And I hate her nose.

Jesus christ, alright already we get it, the Jewish caricature is complete.

Eat dog dick, fag breath. Those two shows are just niggers and space Jews.
I’ll have none of it Sir.

Try watching the show user, and not just getting high and playing with yourself while it's on in the background.

>Those two shows are just niggers and space Jews.
Kek that's actually a good description

wait where did half my greentdt arrows go

like wtf m8s

Kira actually does get character development, quite a bit of it relative to a typical ST character.

How are you this fucking dense?

Wait, which side be the niggers in B5?

Original > Enterprise > DS9 > Next Gen > Vorager

The loudness of her voice increases by exactly 2dB every season.

That’s why nobody gives a shit.
(Ferengi are just space Jews and captain Dindu can chuck himself into that wormhole for all I care. No one wants to see spinning rims on a shuttlecraft.

Narn = niggers
Centauri = jews

Attached: janewaay40.png (560x752, 633K)

Bajorans are also space Jews. There are more Jews in DS9 than in real life.

>Dat filename

The Centauri were Romans though. The Narn would be nigger jews.

Time to invent space camps to put them in so they can take space showers

I don't do drugs and have never been high.
Oh I'm the dense one.

>mfw the Bajorans literally were in space camps
>mfw I have no face

Garrak. Weyoun. Even the space Jew Quark were all interesting. And Sisko was almost like Kirk reborn convincing the wormhole aliens to murder hundreds of thousands of the Dominon soldiers.

Yes but there’s no way we could classify your genitals as a place “mo man has gone before”
Fag.

You honestly think Enterprise is better than DS9 and TNG? Literally doesn't come close

I think the bajorans were Palestinians (at least in NG) and the ferenngi were space Jews.