“For me, we came to Israel 20 years ago or so and did a couple of tours of Israel,” Cave said...

>“For me, we came to Israel 20 years ago or so and did a couple of tours of Israel,” Cave said. “I felt a huge connection with Israel. People talk about loving a country, but I just felt, on some sort of level, a connection that I couldn’t really describe.”
>He continued to explain that The Bad Seeds had not played in the country in the intervening two decades due to the lack of success of their 1997 record ‘The Boatman’s Call’, which “flopped” in Israel. Cave told the audience of reporters that touring that part of the world is “expensive and time-consuming”, and that “on top of that, you have to go through a kind of public humiliation from Roger Waters and co.”
>“No one wants to be publicly shamed,” he said. “It’s the thing we fear most, in a way – to be publicly humiliated. And I think, to my shame, I did that for maybe 20 years. Israel would come up and I would say, ‘Let’s not do it.'”
>The musician explained that his change in attitude came about when Brian Eno asked him to a sign a list called Artists For Palestine three years ago. “On a very intuitive level, [I] did not want to sign it,” he said. “There was something that stunk to me about that list. Then it occurred to me that I’m not signing the list, but I’m also not playing Israel. And that just seemed to me cowardly, really.
>“So after a lot of thought and consideration I rang up my people and said, ‘We’re doing an European tour and Israel.’ Because it suddenly became very important to me to make a stand against those people who are trying to shut down musicians, to bully musicians, to censor musicians, and to silence musicians. At the end of the day, there’s maybe two reason why I’m here. One is that I love Israel and I love Israeli people, and two is to make a principled stand against anyone who tries to censor and silence musicians. So, really, you could say in a way that the BDS [Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions movement] made me play Israel.”

i get it nick. jew broads have great tits

Wtf I love every project by the Birthday Party's guitarist (the real genius behind the Birthday Party) now!

>tfw you hate roger waters so much you play in israel just to piss him off
Based

This, most likely.

Jews aside, I'd never thought I'd see the day when Nick Cave would go, "Muh bully."
Since when did the pussy generation get to folks like him?

Kak

>Brian Eno supports Palestine
>Nick Cave supports Israel
Hmmmmm, wonder who has more credibility, one of the most revolutionary and influential artists in history who created a new genre or a literal who dadrocker............

>pussy generation
Don't you have kids to feed you senile old fuck?

indeed

>4800 MONKS

Nah. Though I am a senile old fuck, I'll give you that one.

I just think it's funny that anybody like Nick Cave could ever be bullied considering his past and all.

>one of the most revolutionary and influential artists in history who created a new genre
Wasn't it the Jews who wrote the Bible, anyway?

>Wasn't it the Jews who wrote the Bible, anyway?

Yes. Thanks to (((them))), traditional European paganism has been annihilated.

I will never understand that kind of fanaticism.

technically thanks to Constantine

>one of the most revolutionary and influential artists in history who created a new genre

you mean stole music from german artist and renamed it

>(((Nick Cave)))
I'm just glad Roger Waters and Eno (both better musicians) are able to see through (((their))) schemes

My father's side is ethnically Ashkenazi Jewish. I'm interested in the intellectual, and especially literary history of the religion. However, I grew up in a mostly non-Jewish city, and on an ontological level I'm a naturalist; if I had to choose a religio-philosophical perspective I find particularly insightful, it would be the Soto school of Zen Buddhism.

I did Birthright Israel, and I liked the people I was with. I understood the feeling of nationalism, in that even the ones I disagreed with fundamentally accepted me as one of them. I wound up doing a lot of research into the Israeli-Palestinian conflict after that.

For a while, I didn't feel good about taking a side; I disliked the unfair, brutal regime in the occupied territories, but I also understood how Israel wasn't going to legitimize Palestine as long as Hamas was in power. The only way forward was for religiosity in both areas to decline, for the Israeli far right's influence to be rejected, and for Hamas to be pushed out of power.

I'm pro-Israel, not because I believe in any kind of biblical right to the land, but just because I believe whoever's been there for a long time should stay there, since it's home. However, this also means I'm intensely against Israeli expansionism and settlements in the West Bank.

I've recently become much more critical of Netanyahu's regime, as settlement expansion has accelerated. I think he is committing human rights abuses, and in an ideal world he would be tried for war crimes. A decade ago Netanyahu was actually something of a moderate, centre-right politician. Now he's about as far right as it gets.

I'm pro-Israel, but not anymore than I am pro-Palestine, Pro-Iran, or Pro-Lebanon.

I'm not against the BDS movement as I understand its legitimate motivations, but I'm also not ready to join it.

Yeah, I'd think that Eno is more influential and revolutionary. A bit pretentious and arrogant but then so is Cave, so...

I agree with you on this.
But I've gotta say that Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds move me more. Even his spoken word essay stuff if pretty based.

If I remember right, I think his dad was a minister/preacher/something so there might be an affinity based on that.

> "FUCK YOU, I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME!"

>"AAAAAAAAAAAAH !!!"

Nick Kahane and the Bad Settlers

daily reminder Lil Peep hated Israel and saw (((their))) lies

Lil who? Lil lil literally who?

>lil peep was killed by mossad
Wtf I love shitty gen z emo trap now

>gybe's albums are no export to israel

of course he's irritated. he's a working musician, and depriving the israeli people of entertainment is dumb as hell no matter what you thoughts are on the political situation. as if the regime gives two shits about some goyishe "humanitarian" boycott, as if the jews don't own everyone in the entire industry anyway. should artists not perform in the united states because it is stolen injun land? should cave not tour his native australia, the entire continent a brutal example of colonialism?

kek

t. read Thom Yorke's response to Roger Waters

You know he was red-pilled on Jews. He never even said Free Palestine or Free Gaza, he just called out the evil of Zionism/Jewry.

kekekeeke

checked it out now. i always thought yorke was kinda dumb and fully expected him to jump on the waters train but his reply was pretty good, i liked the tone of annoyance

I learned to respect Thom even more than I already did when i read that. Making music political is just another step towards the establishment controlling art, regardless of whether you believe it's the jews or whatever.

Now that I think of it though, yeah, I always thought thom was sort of an idiot besides his musical genius

He just spouted hot memes. He was also a fan of communism.

I saw Roger Waters perform The Wall back in February. He turned "Run Like Hell" into, I shit you not, a 15+ minute extended reggae jam and rattled off that Sup Forums infographic about all the countries Jews have been expelled from throughout history, and he definitely changed one instance of "goodbye blue sky" into "goodbye you kikes". I think the guy's starting to lose it.

>artists against x list that you're basically obliged to sign
Sounds like communism is back

If you don't support israel you're probably an anti-semite desu

but muh U2?

Based Nick pissing off leftists, just like how he stuck to his Christianity when everyone else in punk was some nihilist atheist faggot

>this is the true reason why his son killed himself

i chuckled

And yet, Jews exist to mock Christianity. (((They))) will be judged for their sins.

DEUS VULT

Pizza party!

Really though, Robert Smith tells so many blatant and ridiculous lies and outlandish stories that it's impossible to know when he does tell the truth or how much of it.

or is it visa versa?

>NOISY Ground

He took a Lil Peep behind the curtain and didn't like what he saw.